• Tweets

• Thank-you dx for your feedback. That is the reason I posted my opinion, because I am trying to learn more and this is one of the ways to learn, by posting my opinions and if I am incorrect then being advised of the reasons I am incorrect. I am not sure if you have educated me on the points in my post that would be incorrect. However, you are correct on one point, I shall refrain from posting on any other thread other than my own going forward and if you think my post here is unhelpful, misleading or in any other way inappropriate, then please do feel obliged to delete it but educate me on the reason why. To help my learning process, it would be helpful to know what I got wrong other than it goes against established advice considering the outcome of a recent court case on this topic that seemed to suggest it was dismissed due to an appeal not being made at the first stage. Thank-you.   EDIT:  Just to be clear, I am not intending to go against established advice by suggesting that appeals should ALWAYS be made, just my thoughts on the particular case of paying for parking and entering an incorrect VRN. Should this ever happen to me, I will make an appeal at the first stage to avoid any problems that may occur at a later stage. Although, any individual in a similar position should decide for themselves what they think is an appropriate course of action. Also, I continue to be grateful for any advice you give on my own particular case.  
    • you can have your humble opinion.... You are very new to all this private parking speculative invoice game you have very quickly taken it upon yourself to be all over this forum, now to the extent of moving away from your initial thread with your own issue that you knew little about handling to littering the forum and posting on numerous established and existing threads, where advice has already been given or a conclusion has already resulted, with your theories conclusions and observations which of course are very welcomed. BUT... in some instances, like this one...you dont quite match the advice that the forum and it's members have gathered over a very long consensual period given in a tried and trusted consistent mannered thoughtful approach. one could even call it forum hi-jacking and that is becoming somewhat worrying . dx
    • Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant .... I said DCBL because I was reading a few threads about them discontinuing claims and getting spanked in court! Meant  YOU  Highview !!!  🖕 The more I read this forum and the more I engage with it's incredible users, the more I learn and the more my knowledge expands. If my case gets to court, the Judge will dismiss it after I utter my first sentence, and you DCBL and Highview don't even know why .... OMG! .... So excited to get to court!
    • Yep, I read that and thought about trying to find out what the consideration and grace period is at Riverside but not sure I can. I know they say "You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is"  but I doubt they would disclose it to the public, maybe I should have asked in my CPR 31.14 letter? Yes, I think I can get rid of 5 minutes. I am also going to include a point about BPA CoP: 13.2 The reference to a consideration period in 13.1 shall not apply where a parking event takes place. I think that is Deception .... They giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other! One other point to note, the more I read, the more I study, the more proficient I feel I am becoming in this area. Make no mistake DBCL if you are reading this, when I win in court, if I have the grounds to make any claims against you, such as breach of GDPR, I shall be doing so.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Lloyds TSB - Fuming, Hopping Mad - Enforcement Notice

Pandora_nini
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6071 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Pandora,

I had the same enforcement notice, just sat on it for a week or so. Then they sent a Default Notice, now I CCA request Lloyds, times up soon and all is quite. I believe they will default and accept my offer of £5.00 per month. Then I will go for refund of bank charges.

Don't panic Pandora, just play the game and watch your time scales. I am enjoying the game. Just one thing though set yourself up a basic account at another bank so no transactions go through Lloyds. Also don't phone them only communicate in writing. My creditors dont have my phone number and it is realy grinding them down as they dont like replying to my correspondance.

Regards

Cashin

Pandora,

I had the same enforcement notice, just sat on it for a week or so. Then they sent a Default Notice, now I CCA request Lloyds, times up soon and all is quite. I believe they will default and accept my offer of £5.00 per month. Then I will go for refund of bank charges.

Don't panic Pandora, just play the game and watch your time scales. I am enjoying the game. Just one thing though set yourself up a basic account at another bank so no transactions go through Lloyds. Also don't phone them only communicate in writing. My creditors dont have my phone number and it is realy grinding them down as they dont like replying to my correspondance.

Regards

Cashin

Hello Cashin, thanks for your post - I could afford to bring the overdraft back down to the limit (have refused to do this before now as it's only their charges making it go over - in fact whole o/d is made up of their charges :mad: Have just done it to stop any default - don't need the hassle of trying to get another one removed right now!! Anyway, sent of my prelim to them - if they try it on again, the accounts in dispute.

I agree, the wind up back to banks is very satisfying - having suffered months of abusive phone calls, demanding letters, etc even after I have tried to resolve things with them (Lloyds, MBNA, Barclaycard).

Good luck with yours.....

Take care

x

I could afford to bring the overdraft back down to the limit (have refused to do this before now as it's only their charges making it go over - in fact whole o/d is made up of their charges :mad:

Hi Pandora... I think this is the best thing for you to do. You've been hammered time and time again with charges, for which you would otherwise have been able to keep on top of things. However, refusing to bring the overdraft within it's limit is just playing into their hands.

Far better to take action, get your money back & hit them that way!!

You're doing fine so far... and you'll be supported all the way.. go girl!!!:)

Hi Pandora... I think this is the best thing for you to do. You've been hammered time and time again with charges, for which you would otherwise have been able to keep on top of things. However, refusing to bring the overdraft within it's limit is just playing into their hands.

Far better to take action, get your money back & hit them that way!!

You're doing fine so far... and you'll be supported all the way.. go girl!!!:)

Hello Passive.... LATE post!!!!! Thanks for your support. I just had another letter from LTSB - kindly letting me know that another £43.00 will be debited from my account on 9th August - £30 o/d excess and rest in interest. Can I add this to my claim, and should I therefore send another letter to them telling them I am adding it to my claim? Will pay in enough money before 9th August to cover it - even if it makes me a bit mad!!

Just not sure how to handle getting this bit back.

Thanks

Pandora

Hi Pandora...

Hello Passive.... LATE post!!!!! Thanks for your support.

Not a late post... it was an early post!!! Woke up in pain and knew I wouldn't go back to sleep, so thought... what could I do in the early hours??!!!!

I just had another letter from LTSB - kindly letting me know that another £43.00 will be debited from my account on 9th August - £30 o/d excess and rest in interest. Can I add this to my claim, and should I therefore send another letter to them telling them I am adding it to my claim?

This is a fine example of how the banks have penalised us all over the past years. It only takes one charge and it soon spirrals out of control.

To add to Barty's post... even if (& I do hope they don't) they add more charges after the claim gets to court, as long as you don't agree to their settlement terms, there is nothing to stop you from starting the whole process again!!! I've had one or two charges since I filed in court and I fully intend to claim these back once I've finished with my original claims!!!

Not sure if I'm being greedy, or I've become addicted!!!!! :)

Hi Pandora...

This is a fine example of how the banks have penalised us all over the past years. It only takes one charge and it soon spirrals out of control.

To add to Barty's post... even if (& I do hope they don't) they add more charges after the claim gets to court, as long as you don't agree to their settlement terms, there is nothing to stop you from starting the whole process again!!! I've had one or two charges since I filed in court and I fully intend to claim these back once I've finished with my original claims!!!

Not sure if I'm being greedy, or I've become addicted!!!!! :)

Greedy / addicted..... hmm, addicted I should think to getting back what's yours, and not being stitched up by a GREEDY BANK! :)

I will do as suggested, and will most definitely NOT be agreeing to any terms they try to impose on me.

Actually I think I am getting addicted to this - have started the process for my OH's A&L account - we've really struggled over the last few years, and deserve a break!

Hope the pain's gone, Passive, and it's not serious.

Just had a horrible thought - sent off my prelim letter, BUT, did one letter for both my accounts, and added the two lots of charges together - does this matter, or should I have done two separate letters? :confused:

Thanks

Hope the pain's gone, Passive, and it's not serious.

Nothing serious... just sore throat!!! I think the packet of wine gums I consumed did it the world of good!!! :D

Just to add to nic's words of wisdom... interest shouldn't be added until you file your claim at the court, but in the scheme of things, is just a minor discrepancy and won't affect the claim.

Also, to keep your claim within the small claims track, the total of your claim shouldn't exceed £5,000. If the total for both accounts does exceed this, you may want to split the claims at the next stage.

Good luck with OH's a/c... hope you've started another thread in the A&L section??!!!!

Pandora,

Cashin

You did this CCA on your overdraft,? so for your actual bank account?.

i did'nt think a CCA is applicable for a bank account or overdraft facility.

Would like more info if this is the case.

could change my situation alot!

Fuzzy

• 3 weeks later...

Had enough money in my account to keep balance under overdraft limit, with a view to paying in another £35.00 to cover their unfair charge from last month. Received a letter from Lloyds last week advising me that as there wasn't enough money to make a payment (nothing due to go out, have stopped everything), they would, unfortunately, have to charge me. Checked online, they reduced my overdraft balance by £34.00 (strange amount), just enough of a reduction to make me over the so-called new overdraft limit. They failed to advise me that they would be reducing my overdraft balance on a given day by any amount so I had no way of knowing that this was going to happen! :(:evil:

Anyway, two days later, I received two letters from them - each telling me that on 26th August my overdraft on my budget account, and on my current account would cease. This is of course, in my view, retaliatory action because I got my prelim charges letter off to them a few weeks ago (which they have not yet acknowledged).

I plan on writing to them complaining that this removal of my overdraft would cause severe financial hardship, and could they please review this decision - worth noting that both overdrafts are made up entirely of charges - and that my current account has a standard £250 o/d as part of the platinum account (I also pay a monthly £15 fee for this priviledge). As my current account has been fine, I don't know why they are removing this overdraft :evil: other than to be difficult and obstructive.:evil: :evil:

In view of the fact that I only have a couple of weeks before they take away this overdraft, should I complain to the FOS/OFT about their behaviour at the same time, or wait from a response to Lloyds?

Worried that they will remove overdraft, demand immediate payment, and when I can't pay send an enforcement notice and then default me??

Any advice would be appreciated

Thank you

One worried Pandora_nini

Absolutely scandalous behavior on your banks part :mad:; I'm sorry Pandora, but I'm unable to offer any meaningful advice but at least this post will serve to bump your problem up the thread so someone a little wiser than I can step up & help you. I'm sure you have more than a leg to stand on against this kind of treatment & the CAG heavy artillery will be along shortly to give them a broadside.

Best Wishes

McIavelli (I'm not that devious really)

Hi Pandora...

Looks like Lloyds are really turning the screws on you now. It's making my blood boil just reading about it!!! :mad:

Firstly, do you have a current account elsewhere? If not, I think it's time you did... as a matter of urgency. LTSB clearly don't value you as a customer and with tactics like this, I think you'd be better off without them.

Secondly, there's no need to wait for a reply to prelim letter. After 14 days your LBA should have gone out. Again, this is important because as soon as you file your claim in court, the account is then in dispute.

As far as who to complain to, I would suggest the FOS. As it's not directly a bank charge issue (and with their recently lightened workload!!!), I see no reason why they won't act... and quickly.

If you can get to stage where a/c is in dispute, you're not using the Lloyds accounts (any of them!!) and the FOS are active... hopefully, they will stop charging you, you can pay back what you need to close the a/c's, then claim back ALL charges AND interest as planned.

I know it's easy to say and harder to do, but I would suggest it's the best way. As always... I stand to be corrected if anyone knows any better!!! :)

Hope you & OH are well!!!:-D

Subsribing.

Having thought I had them, they have now started funny tactics. Will post later - time for tea.

broke dave v LTSB WON £3840 2 weeks before court.

Mrs broke dave v Barclays accepted offer £355.

broke dave v LTSB (Business) Prelim stage.

broke dave v LTSB (2nd Claim) LBA stage.

Hi Pandora...

Looks like Lloyds are really turning the screws on you now. It's making my blood boil just reading about it!!! :mad:

Firstly, do you have a current account elsewhere? If not, I think it's time you did... as a matter of urgency. LTSB clearly don't value you as a customer and with tactics like this, I think you'd be better off without them.

Secondly, there's no need to wait for a reply to prelim letter. After 14 days your LBA should have gone out. Again, this is important because as soon as you file your claim in court, the account is then in dispute.

As far as who to complain to, I would suggest the FOS. As it's not directly a bank charge issue (and with their recently lightened workload!!!), I see no reason why they won't act... and quickly.

If you can get to stage where a/c is in dispute, you're not using the Lloyds accounts (any of them!!) and the FOS are active... hopefully, they will stop charging you, you can pay back what you need to close the a/c's, then claim back ALL charges AND interest as planned.

I know it's easy to say and harder to do, but I would suggest it's the best way. As always... I stand to be corrected if anyone knows any better!!! :)

Hope you & OH are well!!!:-D

Hello Passive, thanks for your post! Support much appreciated. I have an offset mortgage with all the current account facilities I need, so that's already in place, just wanted to maintain my other current account with Lloyds in case I needed in a mortgage move - Just can't afford to repay them the overdraft which is all their charges. I will do exactly as you say, and complain to the FOS about it - will also get my LBA sent to Lloyds - quite happy to spend the money getting it into court to put the account into dispute. I think the thing that is really making me mad is that if they had told me that they were planning to reduce my overdraft limit gradually, ie by the £34 a month or whatever, then I would keep the o/d under the limit by paying in a small amount each month - but they haven't - so I think they are trying to precipitate things by purposefully making it difficult for me. Will be working on that complaint tomorrow at work so I can get it sent to FOS asap.

OH is in deep trouble tonight - told me he'd racked up over £500 in account charges with HSBC over the last few months because he hadn't kept an eye on his account (and this is after I sorted it all out for him) - apparently someone at HSBC mentioned to him about the OFT case and that he could just start a claim straightaway to get all his charges back - me thinks that not even the banks know what's what anymore! Anyway, he's gone off to bed with his tail between his legs - might get breakfast tomorrow, or he might not - :-D I am SO mean!

Glad to see you are going after them for your business charges. I had a business account with them, and they wrote to me offering me charges back...... if you want a copy of their letter to me, let me know - never know it might be of use.

Take care

Hiya Pandora,

I stumbled across this link; http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/14893-fsa-position-account-closures.html

I hope you find it useful

Best Regards

McIavelli

Thanks McIavelli, I will read through this in detail tomorrow, am going to complain all round about Lloyds behaviour - it's outrageous. I think this is exactly the sort of thing that we should be complaining to the FOS about - bully boy tactics whilst this test case is going on. It might help to sway their review in two months time. Or maybe I am just barking up the wrong tree!

Take care

Hi Pandora...

I have an offset mortgage with all the current account facilities I need, so that's already in place, just wanted to maintain my other current account with Lloyds in case I needed in a mortgage move - Just can't afford to repay them the overdraft which is all their charges.

Whilst I'm entirely sympathetic to your situation and understand that why should you pay off an overdraft entirely made up of bank charges & the fact is LTSB are behaving dispicably... with threats of EO and CCJ and reducing your overdraft to penalise you with further charges, can you afford (financially and mentally) to let them have control of the situation? The only way you can regain control, is to put the a/c in credit. As we are unsure how long individual claims will take to settle now, the only short term solution is to bring a/c back into credit. If you want to move your mortgage, you can always open another a/c nearer the time.

I will do exactly as you say, and complain to the FOS about it

Good move as they be able able to sort the situation quickly by pressuring the bank to repay some of the charges and/or stop any further charges. No guarantee timewise here either though, which is why I suggested above action.

- will also get my LBA sent to Lloyds - quite happy to spend the money getting it into court to put the account into dispute.

Good move. Remember, 14 days after LBA, you can file your claim with the court (regardless of wether bank have replied or not).

I think they are trying to precipitate things by purposefully making it difficult for me.

Unfortunately, they are like vultures, picking on the very people who just need a bit of understanding. Instead, they just pile on the pressure (very close to home for me here!!!).

OH is in deep trouble tonight - told me he'd racked up over £500 in account charges... Anyway, he's gone off to bed with his tail between his legs - might get breakfast tomorrow, or he might not - :-D I am SO mean!

I have a sharp pair of scissors I could lend him... he might want to chop away at some plastic in his wallet!!!!! :wink:

Glad to see you are going after them for your business charges. I had a business account with them, and they wrote to me offering me charges back...... if you want a copy of their letter to me, let me know - never know it might be of use.

Did they offer you ALL your charges??? Surely not Lloyds??? SURELY!!! If you think it may help, I'd be really appreciative... thanks.

Take care

... and you!!!

• 1 month later...

A quick update on my battle with Lloyds - I couldn't afford to pay off the overdrafts as they requested by the end of August, so I wrote them a letter, Including reference to all the complaints I had previously sent them and suggesting that the removal of my overdrafts would cause me real and severe hardship, which it would - I don't have that kind of cash floating about (unfortunately :) ).

I didn't hear a word from them until last week - and they sent me a letter thanking me for agreeing to a personal loan to cover the overdrafts - (the total amount of which is due to their charges!), and it's at a high rate of interest. I really don't want to take up a loan to cover these costs - wouldn't that indicate that I'm accepting them? Oh and they're suggesting I take out insurance on top - I think not!!

They still haven't acknowledged my letter to them regarding my claim for repayment of charges (which was sent before the OFT test case announcement).

I think this is all retaliatory action by them, and have drafted a complaint to the ombudsman.

They make me soooo mad!!! :-x

Hi Pandora

just came across your post with interest, as i am in similar situation.

have o/d consisting of purely charges, and in middle of claim in court.

you probably know, but do not accept this loan under any circumstances.

tell them to swing for their money as you acct is in dispute.

because i am claiming i am getting letters and calls from the collections dept all the time, each time i tell them the acct is in dispute, and refer them to the solicitors ([problem])

have you put your claim into court yet?