Halifax turned me down!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6049 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

I'm new and wanted to get other peoples opinion before I go down the smail claims route!

Ive just received my letter back from Halifax saying that the charges have been correctly applied to my account. I agreed to their terms and conditions when i opened my account and they are not offering me any money!

The thought of going down the small claims route is scaring the poo out of me and Ide like some moral support of people that have done this please. :)

Ladypegasus

Hi all.

I'm new and wanted to get other peoples opinion before I go down the smail claims route!

Ive just received my letter back from Halifax saying that the charges have been correctly applied to my account. I agreed to their terms and conditions when i opened my account and they are not offering me any money!

The thought of going down the small claims route is scaring the poo out of me and Ide like some moral support of people that have done this please. :-)

Ladypegasus

Hi Lady P

dont take any notice of this bog off letter . Its standard for them honest.

I think all of the members on here have had one. Just their way of trying to stop you following up with your claim.

I take it youve sent the SAR and had statements back so now its time for th Letter Before Action and have you sent the spreadsheet to them with your charges on it.

Dont let them put you off, stick to your guns. Loads of help and support on here for you if your stuck and feeling scared. It is scarey taking on these BIG boys but dont worry were all here for you.

Keep to your timescale and go for it they WILL pay you out in the end.

Most of all DONT WORRY , Youve got more freinds on here than youd ever imagine .

GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck:)

30-12-2006--Requested statements from Local Halifax.

02-02-2007--Statements Recieved.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

20-04-2007--Reply , Thanks , give us 8wks letter.

02-0502007--Sent L.B.A. & Schedule of Charges

11-05-2007--Recieved reply ,still investigating.

17-05-2007--Sent Amended L.B.A. for Contractual Interest this time.

14-06-2007--Received standard Bog Off letter.

13-06-2007--Took N1 to Local Courts.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Have till 09-07-2007 to file Defence.

05-07-2007--Note that Acknowledgment of Service been Filed on 29-06-2007.

Have 28 days from date of Service to File Defence.

07-07-2007--Offer from Halifax.

09-07-2007--Rejection letter sent to Halifax. Next day delivery.

10-07-2007--Money put in Account:mad:

Thank you tilly49 and overflow.

Ive read some of the templates now and im worried I may have cocked up!

I originally was using the templates with 'this is money'. Ive sent the 1st letter and received my statements back. I then sent a 2nd letter (template with this is money) asking for charges of £1120 to be returned but forgot to enclose photo copies of statements so I duplicated 2nd letter again. Problem is I didnt calculated interest as I didnt know how to do it (that was before finding your site) and then this morning I received the refusal letter from halifax. It was only because the 'other' site doesnt give you very clear advice in going to court that I looked elsewhere and boy am I glad I did lol.

So...what do you think I should do now?

Scaredy Ladypegasus

Hi Moneyhelp, thank you for the bible.

Can you clarify please...I have to wait 14 days from receiving the refusal letter from the bank and then I go straight in with the court letter? Only the bible says to use the 'LBA' and I think think this is similar to the letter I used in step 2 from 'this is money'?

Or do I NOW go in with the court letter and can I use the 8% interest calculation if I haven't mentioned any interest before?

All so very very confusing

Please can I have a link to the templates...I cant find them again!

In step 1 letter of 'this is money' I applied for my statements (or charges).

I received them through and then sent off the step 2 letter (of 'this is money'), with photocopies of charges. This is when I received a letter from halifax saying 'no, they wernt going to pay'. Is this step 2 letter from 'this is money' not the same as your LBA? I am worried about sending a similar letter twice and then the bank knowing that I dont know what I'm doing!

Sorry if Im asking the same question twice but i didnt understand your answers and I cant find the templates again (blonde see ;-)

Thank you and I'll duck whilst you sling something at me lol

Hi Lady P

You dont need to copy all your statements and send them all you need to send is a spreadsheet with your charges on . The spreadsheet will calculate the inteest for you so you can claim the full amount that comes up on it. Dont mention the 8% yet , cant claim that till you file in court and hopefully it wont come to that.

Good Luck you'll get there and I forgot to say WELCOME.:) to the family

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Hi LadyP

If you go to the search at the top of your thread and type in "Cant find what your looking for " youll find everything on there that you need. Save it to your favourites and then its always to hand:)

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

I was scared when I first started my claim, and trhe reason I was scared was because I was going into the unknown.

But reading others stories on here and other sites ( of which there are many ) and reading about the process of reclaiming the money that was stolen from me by my bank gave me strength to continue forward.

Follow the process of reclaiming the charges, and you will have your money back.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

Allow the bank to scare you and the bank will keep your money

I'm not going to say Good Luck, because you don't need it, all you need is to go for it and in the process overcome your fear.

• Haha 1

The Waiver is an FSA Conspiracy with the banks against the consumer - Complain to your MP and the FSA about their shameful act!

I was scared when I first started my claim, and trhe reason I was scared was because I was going into the unknown.

But reading others stories on here and other sites ( of which there are many ) and reading about the process of reclaiming the money that was stolen from me by my bank gave me strength to continue forward.

Follow the process of reclaiming the charges, and you will have your money back.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

Allow the bank to scare you and the bank will keep your money

I'm not going to say Good Luck, because you don't need it, all you need is to go for it and in the process overcome your fear.

Good post kog! and a click for u

Thank you for all your kind words of encouragement...I can do this lol.

Ive filled in the court form online, think I have to wait 14 days now though, not sure so I shall wait anyway lol.

Here goes.......... x

• 2 weeks later...

All you can do is wait, but while you are waiting, you could start reading up on the next stage.

Have a read of this.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/71369-getting-mcol-right.html

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .