HSBC Reject Claim, What now?

repro
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am claiming over £8,000 from HSBC, I have just had there letter saying that they will not be paying up, can anyone tell me what I should do now?

Many Thanks!

Hi repro, we will need ot know what you have done so far in order to help. Can you give us details of actions so far and dates and so on. I presume you have another thread going somewhere? If so just post this question on there and we can see your progress up to now.

26/02/07 - Sent letter requesting statement

14/04/07 - Received statement

16/04/07 - Sent letter requesting charges & Interest to be refunded

07/07/07 - Letter from HSBC saying no refund charges are lawfull

You will now need to send your letter before action giving them 14 days to comply. If they don't comply within 14 days, then go down the court route. You can either file on line at the MCOL site or complete a form N1 and pop it along to your local county court. there is help on both of these aswell as a template for the letter before action in the bank templates library.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

you can still do the court claim - i'm thinking you may be adding all those interest debits off your statements and that is incorrect. don't worry if totals are different when you do it properly - you can change them up to the court stage - but you need to be sending them a list of charges with the two letters requesting a refund.

i'm going to put a link on here for you to read very carefully before you send another letter - let's make sure you are doing things correctly.

it is post 26 on this thread:honeygie v HSBC *****WON*****

also, all the steps for you claim are in my signature in the newcomer thread.

but please read the honeygie post 26 and follow the directions there to get the correct amounts to reclaim

it is easy to rectify things now - after you file it becomes so much more complicated to change anything - so let's get it right from this point.

The game of play is to take you right up to the court date.

It is possible you will get settlements before hand.

Take into count your current financial situation before you decline or accept offers.

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." Albert Einstein

"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent" - E. Roosevelt

Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.

All advice is offered without prejudice.

We are being sued for Libel. Please help us by donating

Please support the pettition to remove Gordon Brown as he was not elected primeinister. He was elected Party Leader something completely different.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/gordan-brown/

I don't understand? What is the prelim? the lba I thought was the letter which states that they have not responded, which they have? And what form do I need for the claim?

Many thanks for your help in this

just to clarify - you sent a letter on 16/4 asking for your charges to be refunded - (you didn't follow the plan - you just waited for hsbc to get back and they finally did and said - go away!)

the letter you sent was a preliminary request for the charges - you should have waited 14 days and sent another letter - the letter before action - so as 14 days have passed (and a whole lot more - but never mind!) now you send the lba saying that they have 14 days to pay you the charges or you will be filing a court claim:3. Letter before action - Consumer version - asking for it back just copy out this letter and send it to them -

then in 14 days you can file your court claim.

before you send that lba..... let's make sure the interest is correct. you can not just add the interest debits on and make that a part of your claim - if you are claiming the overdraft interest ("Interest - DR" on your statements) you must do the advanced spreadsheet to calculate which portion of each interest debit is reclaimable. so, before you send your letter - let's get this right - put you charges on the advanced spreadsheet - charges to the left - interest to the right and it will give you how much you are reclaiming at the bottom.

this spreadsheet makes the perfect schedule of charges to send with your letter.

- one further bit - we don't ask for the interest of 8% until you file your claim with the court - so don't even ask for it - the only interest you may be claiming at the point of this letter is overdraft interest figured on the advanced s/s

once you've done the spreadsheet on the charges and interest tab - you can then do it again on the 8% tab and it will calculate how much you can ask for in interest once you file your claim - but not on this letter.

so if you do the 8% interest tab - just fold back or cover over that column when you send your shedule of charges with this lba you are about to send. it is ok if the totals are different from the first letter you sent - but by the time you do your court claim - you can't change them anymore - so get it right now.

if you are still having problems with the overdraft interest - suggest you read the thread i put earlier :honeygie v HSBC *****WON*****

as it is a bit of a step by step for the advanced spreadsheet.

so, get the charges on a spreadsheet and send the lba as soon as you can - then wait 14 days and then file your claim.

Ok I see where the confusion has come in. In your original letter it looks like you have asked for the total of the o/d interest and you can't do that. Follow lats advice and get the advanced spreadsheet up to work out the o/d interest.

Then send the letter before action with the correct figures in. Just shout if you need help. No matter how daft you think the questions are just ask! You need to get it right from now on.:)

One thing that confuses me is that I am sending out a letter (lba) which clearly states that they have not responded but they have responded, so why would this be on the letter?

Hi All,

Is there any companies that can do all of this for you for a cut?

Yes there are, but why go down that path, there is plenty of peeps on here to help you.

You will pick it up, theres a bit to learn, just make sure you keep posting & asking questions, you will get there, we were all the same as you are in the beginning.

Celicaman

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'