scatters2004 v Halifax via FO

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5191 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've decided to pursue my claim for refund in excess of 2K with Halifax thru

the Financial Ombudsman, as the Court system is now a bit of a lottery!

does anyone know how long it takes to complete these claims against the High Street banks? I wrote to the FO on 11th June and received a letter

dated 22nd June to say they have asked the Halifax to meet my claim in Full, or justify their charges!!

is there anyone else claiming thru the Financial Ombudsman?

Hi and welcome

Have you got all of your statements!

What have you heard from Halifax?

Any advice given by me is based solely on my experience in claiming, my experience in CAG or my opinion. I have no legal background. I want to encourage others to reclaim what is theirs.

Got a DCA breaking OFT guidance. Complain to the OFT about the DCA. Help put an end to these practices-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/letter-templates/155095-complain-oft-about-unfair.html#post1652270

Register with CAG today, its free, its a great community:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/register.php

[email protected].

Thankyou Kennythecelt:)

does anyone know how long it takes to complete these claims against the High Street banks? I wrote to the FO on 11th June and received a letter

dated 22nd June to say they have asked the Halifax to meet my claim in Full, or justify their charges!!

Now, THAT'S interesting!

Looks as though you are on the way to becoming a winner!

And only after 2 posts!

I shall watch your thread with interest.

But, be assured - we are ALL winners in here. For some it just takes a bit of time. A lot of it IS waiting time!

I'd get back to FO and ask them if they set Halifax a deadline for their reply. (I bet they say "28 days".)

So - you haven't long to wait, not really.

GO! GO! GO!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Yes, it does look rather promising, we will have to watch this space. I will let you know the outcome as soon as i hear from the Financial Ombudsman.

i did originally plan to claim thru the County Court System - i must admit i was a wee bit scared with the whole idea, so i thought i'd play it fair and let the FO decide.

I do feel confident, and hope it will give others the encouragement to claim thru the FO instead of the Court.

Fantastic news!!

Keep us posted!!

Any advice given by me is based solely on my experience in claiming, my experience in CAG or my opinion. I have no legal background. I want to encourage others to reclaim what is theirs.

Got a DCA breaking OFT guidance. Complain to the OFT about the DCA. Help put an end to these practices-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/letter-templates/155095-complain-oft-about-unfair.html#post1652270

Register with CAG today, its free, its a great community:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/register.php

[email protected].

Thankyou Kennythecelt:)

Forgot to mention, i had already requsted statements in March, sent 2 letters asking for refund in April (no luck), the received a final letter from Halifax at end of May saying "our charges are fair", basically telling me to go away!!

You have to wait at least 8 weeks from date of your initial claim with the banks before the FO can help you.

WATCH THIS SPACE...........