Overdraft & CCA?

Redstar7
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5883 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

i have a bank account with HSBC and this has an overdraft facility, i am overdrawn and the bank has now passed the debt on to a DCA. I sent a letter to the DCA asking for a CCA but they wrote back and informed me this is not required for an overdraft!

This can't be true!? Is this just more sneaky tactics on the part of the DCA bloodsuckers or is this a special case with overdrafts?

Also what letter should i now send to this DCA

Thanks

Fight for your Rights!

:-x

• 8 months later...

I'm in the same position, so, solidarity. I am trying to find out more about this and I've emailed a couple of bods. I think the DCA may be right about the overdraft and CCA. I have read that overdrafts are treated as running account credit which in part is covered by the CCA but parts do not apply. Certainly it's sections 82(2) and 82(4) that are pertinent to this. I will keep you updated if I get any concrete facts. I'm hoping that if they've let you go over your limit before, this forms a new agreement.

By the way, HSBC have sent 2 seperate missed payments to the CRA's for going over my overdraft by £50 for 3 days. I don't see how that can be logged as "2 months missed payments" on my credit report. Effectively they've made me uncreditworthy. Thanks HSBC! But I will have my revenge.....

Good luck

Andy