Abbey claim No Claim

JackJack
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6109 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have received a letter from Abbey today after having written to them twice with the usual apologies for delay in replying due to investigation etc. They claim the charges were applied corrctly due to insufficient funds and as they have previously crdited charges a a gesture of goodwill (about £40 against my claim of approx £1500) they are unable to agree to refund any further. Reason being charges due to insufficient funds - insufficient funds duw to charges being taken and escalating!!

I am assured that a full investigation has taken place and that my file will be kept open for 8 weeks and if I am still dissatisfied I should read the leaflet enclosed (it wasn't) and take it up further with the Abbey Complaints Department.

Should I continue? Is this just another tactic to try to make me give up? All comments would be appreciated as I am at the stage of being ready to send the letter before action.

Hi jackjack

Of course you should continue! Yes this is their Shabbey tactics to make you think you haven't got a hope in hell, but you damn well have!

Stick to YOUR timescales, ignore their "fob-offs" and tread the now well-trodden route with everyone else on here!

Have you rejected the "goodwill" payment? If not, you will need to send a letter from here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

and then follow up with your LBA after your given deadline.

Hope this helps.

Best regards

Jo xx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

This is absolutely bog standard sod off tactics from Abbey. Stick to your timetable, not theirs, and follow the procedure as described on this website. Don't worry, you'll win!

Thanks for your replies. The goodwill gestures they are referring to date back to 2003/4 and were apparently credited to my account at the time. No offer has been made just a 'bog off' letter so I shall continue the fight - let battle commence!!