PCN with wrong reg number - what to do?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6131 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This morning I was given a parking fine when picking up medicine at my local GP (gone 10 minutes) - always assumed it was a parking for visitors, but apparently all parking spaces on this public road is residential.

Anyway - checked the fine, and it turns out they did a typo - the reg number is wrong by one character. This means paying online won't match the notice. Does this make the PCN invalid, and do you think they are able to trace my address?

I'm just wondering if they are able to make out the correct reg on the picture they usually take of the car (or is it only the dashboard?)

Thanks for your advice!

Woozer, was the PCN issued by the local authority or a private parking company?

It was issued locally (tower hamlets).

Been doing some searches on the forum and it seems everyone agrees that you can ignore fines issued with wrong reg number - that they most likely won't find your address and will lose a court case anyway

One more question - will it say on the PCN if they took a picture of my car?

It was issued locally (tower hamlets).

Been doing some searches on the forum and it seems everyone agrees that you can ignore fines issued with wrong reg number - that they most likely won't find your address and will lose a court case anyway

One more question - will it say on the PCN if they took a picture of my car?

You can safely ignore a PCN with the wrong reg but don't dispose of it just in case the PA made a note of the correct reg in his notebook and they issue a Notice to Owner to you. If they do you have concrete proof that the PCN was incorrectly issued which is enough forcve them to cancel it.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

You can safely ignore a PCN with the wrong reg but don't dispose of it just in case the PA made a note of the correct reg in his notebook and they issue a Notice to Owner to you. If they do you have concrete proof that the PCN was incorrectly issued which is enough forcve them to cancel it.

If you get a notice to Owner, post back here for further advice