reclaimed charges back, but they keep charging me still?

justjuicy2005
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6138 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am at the very last stage of claiming back my charges, i did have £1250 of charges over 6 years and they have made me an offer of £960 which i have excepted and am now waiting for this to be credited to my account.

However, last week i had a £30 charge for being £15 over my over draft limit, i have spoken to them but they are refusing to refund me. Surely they cant keep charging me after them refunding me all my past charges?? What can i do about this? :Cry: thank you.

i have a horrible feeling you have to start again...

because it hasn't gone to court, there is no actual judgment to say the charges on your account were unlawful, therefore the bank can continue doing what they please. the fact that you and they came to some arrangement privately about previous charges doesn't affect the way they manage (hah!) your bank account.

this is why we're all hoping that the banks do defend a case in court, because one way or another we'll have a judgment, and then EVERYONE's bank account will hopefully be free of these charges - even if the banks do sneak it back from other 'services'...

btw, since i sent my LBA to barclays, they've taken 160 POUNDS out of my account in charges! so i don't think they're feeling embarrassed about these charges just yet!

Thanks for your reply, so if it had gone to court and they say it was unlawful, would that prevent them from charging me again? i mean if it does mean that then its worth staring over again, i know its only £30 but its the principal of it!

Thanks for your reply, so if it had gone to court and they say it was unlawful, would that prevent them from charging me again? i mean if it does mean that then its worth staring over again, i know its only £30 but its the principal of it!

No it doesn't mean they will stop charging you. The only way that they will is if they are forced to by the OFT or a case goes to a higher court. Small claims courts do not set legal presedent and as such they will continue to operate your account exactly the same way as everyone else's, in accordance with their T&C's. Just because people have won their charges back (majority without actually appearing in court) Barclays will not admit or indeed have not been found to be making "unlawful" charges

Trucker

Barclays will not admit or indeed have not been found to be making "unlawful" charges

That's why they settle before court. They are ****-scared of being found to be charging unlawfully, which would stop their whole game. Until there's an actual test case to determine the validity of the charges, they'll make hay while the sun shines. I hope you haven't accepted any conditions in their offer which prevent you claiming these later charges back...otherwise, it's a question of starting again, I'm afraid!

(You're not the only one - I accepted an offer of full payment today; while the case was ongoing, I've been hit with further charges too! Chapter 2 starts Monday! :D )

;)