See you in court / out of court settlement! **WON**

ziggy zoomer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5182 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help,

I have received two letters today from [problem] - one basically says see you in court. The other is a conditional offer of the full amount claimed - they have even worked out the interest to date.......NICE.....However I disagree with the conditions ...... How do I accept my money but refuse the conditions ? Also what do I tell the Court at this stage ?

Thanks

ZZ

Didnt have a court date - it had been referred to my local court - I had a letter from the Judge to detail all the charges and interest, which I deposited at court yesterday - so was waiting to hear further.....

What I did was cross out the conditions that you don't agree with, which I think were nearly all of them apart from accepting it as a full settlement and cancelling the court process. I also attached a copy of that letter I posted above. I did both just to cover my backside.

Just to note, you should only send back a copy of the acceptance form, which it states on it. With mine, the money was in the account in three days after posting the letter.

Congrats mate

What I did was cross out the conditions that you don't agree with, which I think were nearly all of them apart from accepting it as a full settlement and cancelling the court process. I also attached a copy of that letter I posted above. I did both just to cover my backside.

Just to note, you should only send back a copy of the acceptance form, which it states on it. With mine, the money was in the account in three days after posting the letter.

Congrats mate

Hi all i received the same 2 letters from [problem] this morning , i'm tempted to do like you have mentioned , including adding the extra letter. Just want to be really sure that this will not disrupt anything and that they will pay up still??? a little worried thats all!!

I had the same worries slim boy fats. What I was told that it hasn't caused any problems yet, and I can only give you what happened to me.

It was my father-in-laws claim.

I copied the sheet with the full settlement. Crossed out all of the conditions bar two, and had my F I L to sign the bottom.

I also used this letter attached above and stapled the settlement sheet from **** behind.

I probably overdid it as I was scared that the offer will be withdrawn, but it was mailed on Wednesday two weeks ago, and the money was in the account on the friday the same week.

I'm still waiting for my own claim though.

Hade the same letters todate from [problem] and was just looking for re-assurance as to crossing out their terms as well as sending the standard letter as posted on a previous claim....having read through a few threads feel much happier about sending them and will be faxing them today as well as sending hard copies in the post....with any luck will be out of the red and in the black by the beginning of next week....will ensure I update this thread :D

Send the letter from the above link. Staple the settlement sheet, with the place to sign on the bottom. Sign the bottom, but cross out all of the conditions apart from the conditions to accept it as a full settlement and also the condition to cancel the court proceedings. (this must be a photocopy and retain the original). The conditions you cross out, I initialed each one, just to be safe.

Hope this is ok mate. Some people say to click on the scales if they were helpful. But I don't understand why so don't bother. Its just nice that I can helpin some way.

• Haha 2

Have edited the letter - just accepting the amount as full / final & unconditional settlement. Posted it back with their letter (signed but with most conditions deleted) - not gonna ask for any more for confidentiality as I think they are more likely to go to court and make an issue of greed. Fingers crossed as I head for the Post Office.

cheers fella for all your help , should i edit the letter tho slightly .. it mentions about not signing the agreement , but then you mention about crossing certain things out but then signing it???!!

help mucho appreciated