Littlewood CCA return help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6099 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I requested a copy of the CCA with Littlewoods through Nationwide Debt Recovery as they were starting to become difficult about my reduced payments I was sending.

They sent one but it doesn't look right to me.

My signature is very similar but not exact,

and the date is written in a way that I never write a date.

It all seems dodgy to me.

It states on the top that it is their copy of the agreement,

but I don't have mine.

I'm not saying I never had a copy but I can't find it and I never throw any documents away.

Is there any way to check that this is a genuine agreement.

If it is then it's a fair cop, but I need to be sure. Thanks.

Get it checked out properly first but it sounds iffy to me, and sounds, frankly, like they've just sent you an application for credit and not a credit agreement (which barclays have just done to my mother...)

When writing to NDR or Littlewoods, don't sign your name. Littlewoods don't have any agreements and they are losing out big time, so it sounds as if they are now resorting to dirty tricks. If you can scan it in then someone will be able to advise you on the validity. If it is anything like the one they sent me its not worth the paper its written on.

Unfortunatley I did sign my name on my letters, but surely a company like this won't resort to forgery, will they?

No comment.........but other companies have.

but how can I display it on here?

First of all remove all personal details. Then download to photobucket. If you look at the toolbar in the "post quick reply" box there is an insert image button.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Rory

I should have headed my own advise regarding signing letters. When I first starting dealings with Littlewoods on 7th March, I was new to this so I signed everthing. On 14th May 07 Littlewoods wrote to me advising that I quote "We are unable to supply a signed and dated credit agreement. I can confirm that we will not be pursuing the above account, etc.

Now today, amazingly a signed agreement has turned up, presumably like the poster of this thread. They have asked for my repayment proposals. I have written back to them quoting their letter and pointing out that on two previous occasions they sent me blank agreements. I do intend to report this to my local TS, but I have got this foreboding of them being useless. There is already a complaint in with the ICO. I'm not now sure which way to go. Definitely know this is a reconstructed agreement, if you get my drift.

Any advice welcome.

Is there any shadowing around the signature? Depending on how good the scan is you sometimes get some greying around the scanned area.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Rory, I'm absolutely sitting here gobsmacked at what they've done.

First of all you can't see the greying around the sides. They wrote to me on 8th May, enclosing blank agreement, on 14th May they wrote and said they hadn't got one. 23rd May they sent another blank one then today I get this signed one, but I've just noticed the date on their letter, wait for it 15.05.2007. Good job I've got the envelop dated 5th July.

What do I do?

subscribing.

ive also got dealings with NDR re littlewoods. cca'd ndr, they sent it back to littlewoods, you'll probably get a letter for Fredrickson International next. you may even receive somebody else's agreement like we did. it has my wife's name on it, but someone else's address, date of birth and phone number. new passport anyone?

anyway i tried to phone her, but no answer, just an answering machine.

im just putting together a letter at the mo.

it really wouldn't surprise me if they resorted to underhand tactics, they must know they are in trouble.

What do I do?

First port of call I think is TS. If you don't get any joy we'll think of something else.

I forgot to say that they did actually say in their letter of 14th May that they would not pursue the debt. I got a feeling that there will be one or two more people receiving these alleged agreements. One thing is on this agreement they have sent is date of birth which is omitted also my first name is not on there although there is a space for it. Also, they have me as a Miss and I am a Mrs. Another thing they have signed it but not dated it. I'm absolutely bemused at this company and what they have resulted to doing. There is a complaint in at the ICO is it worth writing to them and advising them of this latest tactic?

Another thing they have signed it but not dated it.

Which means they haven't executed it - so not enforceable.

I would certainly write to the Information Commissioners Office purely on the basis of nothing ventured nothing gained.

Hi Rory

Thanks I thought it was probably unforceable I am more concerned with what they have done and probably going to start doing from now on with other claimants. I have just emailed all the documents to my local TS, don't hold out much hope thought, pretty useless.

I have just spent an hour putting it altogether so I've had enough now going to get some shut eye and try and get them out of my head.

If you don't get any joy with TS I have just thought of something more serious - so let us know how you get on.

robingetz, I can't help you with posting your agreement, I've tried to do one and I'm useless, I'm sure Rory will be a long later to advise you. I've got the same problem regarding the dating of the document, not my writing. As you will see I've had 3 letters from them saying they haven't got an agreement then they have. I know for certain that I've never signed one. So be very careful.

To post your agreements (after depersonalising) upload to photobucket, then when that's done and you can see your scan has a thumbnail there are 4 boxes underneath, click mouse cursor in box No4 "IMG CODE", a small box opens saying "copied". Paste (CTRL V) the copied link onto a blank line in your post like this................

tiger1.gif

See, easy!

surprise,

there are four links under the thumbnail you wish to copy. click the bottom one once and it will come up in a yellow box..."copied"

now just come back to you reply box, right click and select paste. job done.

If you are sure you didn't sign & you have their correspondance saying they didn't have the agreement then i;'m afraid it would appear they have created a fraudulent instrument for a pecuniary advantage. A visit to the local rozzers is beckoning methinks.

I would write back & say that you are disputing the agreement they have miraculously produced & that unless it is withdrawn within 14 days you will be initiating court proceedings to have the agreement declared void . state that the original agreement will of course have to be produced for inspection by the court & you reserve the right to have it forensically examined.

Should give them a bad few days. Address the letter to The Data Controller .......

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

On closer inspection of the covering letter that came with the "credit agreement" I have discovered that although the name and address is correct at the top, the name after the "Dear Mr...." is competely wrong. This is a circular that they have forgot to change the name on. I will be sending them a letter disputing that this is a geniune agreement and report them to Trading Standards.

Still battling with uploading the image.

Josie - I know for a fact what they have done. I emailed TS on Saturday with the documentation and sent them hard copies yesterday. I've mentioned in the letter that I think it may be a matter for the Police but would welcome their comments first. My TS are absoulutely useless so I don't hold out much hope.

What I am surprised about is, that if I was a member of staff and I was asked to do such a thing I would refuse, so by staff doing this sort of thing are they committing fraud? does this make sense?

Who do I report this to? Is their a draft letter to send to Littlewoods telling them that I think the CCA the sent is not genuine? Do I need to report this to the Information Commissioner or trading standards?