Need some help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6130 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got a parking fine in Islington, mistakenly parked in a residents bay with a pay and display ticket and was wondering if someone could have a look at it and see if anything is wrong. Unfortunately I dont have a scanner or camera to show the ticket but I can type it out word for word.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

It is an offence for any unauthorised person to remove or interfere with this notice.

Penalty charge notice Islington

Road traffic act 1991-section66,76,77 and

Schedule6 (as amended)

NOTICE NUMBER:**********

Date of this notice: 05/07/07

Motor Vehicle registration number: *******(correct)

Make: Ford Colour: black

Was seen in Goodinge road. N7

By PA No:IS963

Who had reasonable cause to believe that the following parking contravention occured:

Contravention Code: 12t

12t parked in a residents or shared use parking place without clearly displaying either a permit or voucher or pay and display ticket issued for that place

From 14:56 to 15:00 on 05/07/07

SIGNATURE: (its signed)

The person appearing to the London Borough of Islington to be the owner of the vehicle must pay a penalty charge of £120.00. before the end of a period of 28 days beginning with the date of this notice. The penalty charge will be reduced to £60.00 if payment is received before the end of a period of 14 days beginning with the date of this notice.

detach here do not pay parking attendant detach here

(the notice number again)

Date of this notice: 05/07/07

(car reg) Ford. Black

Goodinge road. N7

Full charge £120.00

Discount charge £60.00

I still have the pay and display ticket that the warden saw me buy, put in my car then just waited for me to go into the doctors and gave me a ticket. God forbid he could have said that it was'nt valid in that particular bay.

if you look up the top of this forums homepage there is a very good sticky section that details all the info you prob need

good luck

dx100uk

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

That sticky is aimed at issues with private parking, not PCN's issued by a local authority. I would take a look at the parking section in PePiPoo: Helping the motorist to get justice and post there. There are some knowlegable people there who will be able to tell you if the PCN is compliant with the legislation and thus a legal PCN.

'The problem is' that if the ticket is invalid, the fine is also invalid. We have to abide by the rules; equally, Councils and Police have rules by which they have to abide in order to follow up on these offences/contraventions. If the wording is incorrect, then the ticket is invalid.

The OP's question is a perfectly reasonable one.

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)