Central Ticketing? Anyone heard of them???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4650 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Store all their paperwork and ignore it from now on.

I agree entirely.

As a newcomer to this you will go through a mixture of emotions including fear, feeling harassed and wanting the problem to just go away.

The point here is not to give in to these emotions. Central Ticketing and the Debt Collection Agency rely on just those emotions and I personally have heard nothing else from them since it became apparent that I am not scared to go to court. Indeed, I have caused them as much aggro as I can.

The threat of court action normally instils fear into the hearts of most people and this threat is used for just that purpose. We read about gruelling court cases and see tv soaps that include scary court scenes but the truth, for something so trivial as this is that it is very relaxed.

My latest experience was as follows:

1 - the other side did not turn up

2 - The court room was a small office with a table in it. The judge sat at one end of the table and I sat at the side (pretty much like a dining table)

3 - the judge was very pleasant and helped me to relax

4 - the judge simply looked at the notes, asked me for my opinion and then agreed with me

5 - I got costs (which included mileage, car parking and a sandwich) and the judge even went through the costs with me to make certain I hadn't missed anything I could claim for.

The truth is that Central Ticketing are very unlikely indeed to go to court, because they would probably get a slapped wrist themselves (visit some of the links from my earlier threads - the judges are getting fed up with these guys).

So, to follow the advice already given: Ignore them, save the letters

In the meantime, have a laugh at the expense of DCA's - if you listen to these tapes you will start to see things in a totally different light:

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The truth is that Central Ticketing are very unlikely indeed to go to court, because they would probably get a slapped wrist themselves (visit some of the links from my earlier threads - the judges are getting fed up with these guys).

It might be worth trying to get them listed as a vexatious litigant. That would mean they have to get permission from a judge to litigate.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Thanks for the quick responses. You have really reassured me & its good to hear my credit record would not be affected until much further down the line (if at all). I did indeed also send the letter (from the templates) to CCS to tell them the debt was in dispute & not to take any monies from my accounts (as I had previously spoke to them & set up a payment plan). I will have to wait to see next week as to whether they obey this, or take money from my account when I get paid...!

Thanks again guys - I will keep updated if I hear anything back, but as for now I will file away! PS. You tube link really made me laugh!! :)

Hello :) I too have just had a very interesting read, wish I'd read this before I appealed against my ticket though!

I'm a courier and had parcels to deliver into a store on The Coliseum at Cheshire Oaks. I'd parked outside the front of the store with 2 wheels on the kerb, there are no double yellows and no sign saying no loading. I've often parked there while delivering, and sometimes even have to wait for another delivery van to finish their delivery before I park. I was in the store for about 4 mins while the parcels were signed for. When I came out there was a ticket on the windscreen. I wrote to appeal within the specified time scale, and enclosed the sheet from the day's manifest to prove I was delivering into the store. I still haven't heard a word in reply, despite on the back of the ticket says I should allow 28 working days, which has now obviously passed. I sent my appeal by recorded delivery, have a copy of my letter, the manifest, the receipt from the post office and a print out of the signature for delivery, so they cannot say I haven't contacted them.

I have today written a letter to them asking why I haven't heard a reply to my appeal, but before I posted it I googled to see if I could find a phone number instead - and here I am, so haven't sent my 2nd letter as yet.

Any advice what to do next?

I recieved a ticket from this loathsome company and then many letters at the rate of £1.50 a letter must have cost £50 to date. They then sent the matter to 'fake' lawyers heard no more.

Beware Tesco's they now have their yellow coated thugs issuing the tickets as well. I was threatened with a ban from Tesco's for telling a fellow motorist to ignore the ticket.

Cant believe it - Just checked my online banking & CCS Collect HAVE taken £50 out towards my parking fine, even though I wrote to them telling them not to do so!! I did try asking my bank to stop it from their end, but they said they couldnt. Robbing b****rds!! SOOOO annoyed, looks like I'll be paying £143 for parking over a bay after all..... GRRRRR!!

You won't be paying £143. I would be getting back to the bank and complaining in the very strongest terms.

I presume your arrangement included setting up a direct debit or you giving debit card details top CCS collect.

This is the direct debit guarantee

"In future if there is a change to the date, amount or frequency of your direct debit, we will always give you at least 7 working days notice in advance of your account being debited. In the event of any error, you are entitled to an immediate refund from your bank or building society. You have the right to cancel at any time and this guarantee is offered by all the banks & building societies that take part in the direct debit scheme. A copy of the safeguards under the direct debit guarantee will be sent to you with the confirmation letter"

There are similar protections for a debit card and even more for a credit card under Consumer Credit Act.

If you tell the bank the payment is not authorised there is no way in hell they should be paying out. I'd phone your bank and I'd write to them enclosing a copy of the letter to CCS removing their authorisation and tell the bank you want them to take action as this is fraud. Ask them to get their fraud department involved.

You may have to escalate this within the bank but stand your ground.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why did uou agree to pay them anything assuming you where dealing with Central Ticketing

Have a read of post 149. The poster was unaware of this site and her rights when she made the arrangement. The arrangement was subsequently withdrawn in writing.

I recieved a ticket from this loathsome company and then many letters at the rate of £1.50 a letter must have cost £50 to date. They then sent the matter to 'fake' lawyers heard no more.

Beware Tesco's they now have their yellow coated thugs issuing the tickets as well. I was threatened with a ban from Tesco's for telling a fellow motorist to ignore the ticket.

I sincerely hope you will be visiting said store, filling up your trolley with mostly frozen goods and then leaving a note saying "oops, no time to finish my shopping because I'm scared I will get a ticket" and then leaving.

Hello,

Thanks for advice...again!

I have contacted the Bank & they said as its not a direct debit (I gave them my card details) there is nothing they can do to stop further payments or get my £50 back. They said there is no 'direct debit' style guarantee with debit cards. They suggest I get onto trading standards.

I also spoke to CCS Collect last night, who denied recieving my cancellation letter. I told them I sent it recorded delivery, in which case they went quiet and said I should write in again & a manager will have to look at refunding it & cancelling further payments (I have wrote today requesting this).

I have also wrote to Cheshire Oaks management suite today to let them know what their customers are being put through by these clowns....I await a response.

Angela

You should tell CCS Collect that you want the money back in your account within 24 hours or you will be reporting the matter to the police as theft and fraud.

Hello,

Thanks for advice...again!

I have contacted the Bank & they said as its not a direct debit (I gave them my card details) there is nothing they can do to stop further payments or get my £50 back.

Put an immediate "stop" on your current card and request a newly issued one to be sent straight out to you.

Result!! CCS Collect have refunded the £50 back into my account, 4 days after taking it!! Thanks for your support guys! Now I will get on with ignoring all future correspondence from Central Ticketing!!

Good result.

There's a saying "that when you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds follow in short order":D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I'm in a similar situation with central Ticketing. Unfortunately I,ve made contact with them prior to finding this site.

The ticket agent offered his apologies on the day of the alleged contravention in Tesco saying it was due to his misunderstanding of child in the car as I had parked on the mother and child parking bay.

Central ticket ignored all of my earlier representations.

Eventually advised me on 29/05/09 that my appeal has been unsuccesful and the matter is now pursued by a debt collector.

I received a letter from Graham White solicitors yesterday as final notice prior to legal action.

I've stayed up all night angry & frustrated but very much willing to go to court if only to make my point.

Iam in the middle of writing a lengthy letter of complaint to the BPA as clearly central ticketing have breached various sections of the so called code of practice for approved operators.

Have also forwarded a letter to the Tesco store manager.

Has any one yet gone to court?

Graham white have informed me that the charges due is now £166 in addition to adminstrative charges of £142 owing to them for filing court action against me.

I have obviously not heard about the templates on this site prior to now.

Can any one please advise:(

Edited by claim09

The chances of Graham White actually filing in court are practically nil. If they do, please come back to us as there are a whole host of people lined up to nail them to the wall for several breaches of codes of conduct fro solicitors etc.

It would seem that you are at the last stage of their attempts to defraud you so don't worry. They are about to disappear all together. You normally get two letters of Graham White "solicitors" (a FINAL FINAL chance to pay up) and then they disappear up their own backside.

You have little to worry about.

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

Lloyds - Settled for an undisclosed sum.:D

As RichardM says, the Graham White letters are the final letters you will receive. What you must not do is write to Graham White, the DCA or Central Ticketing because that will only reaffirm to them that you may be about to crack and might encourage them to try even more threats.

By all means write to the BPA, Tesco etc if you have the energy, although it will probably fall on deaf ears. Easiest action is to stick all the cr** in a drawer and forget about it.

Received two letters from Graham White yesterday. :lol:

I have to laugh at the shambolic administration at Central Ticketing. I must be sitting with over 70-80 tickets from them, yet they only seem to be pursuing a couple of them.

They must have given chasing them all up seeing as I get at least 5 tickets a week from them and haven't responded to them at all.

Hi guys,

Your replies are very encouraging. I've decided to wait and see what happens next as Graham White have threatened court summons within 7 days of 8/06/2009.

Will keep you all posted.

cheers