SC&M OFFERED FULL SETTLEMENT(cardiff lot)

youknowsit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5467 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

ive just had a court date (14th aug) for Cardiff Court. my claim is for just over £2000 including interest. the AQ has been dispensed with(whatever that means). the court letter tells me i can appear in person or make a written representaion to the court as to how the case should proceed.

how do i make a written representation or if i choose to go then what do i take with me?

i really didnt expect it to go to court but it looks like Lloydstsb want to make claimants lifes as stressfull as possible.

any advice will be appreciated.

thanks

;) Hello.

The AQ has been dispensed with ie. not needed, as the Judge has most likely decided that the Small Claims track is right for your claim. This happened to me.

When I received a hearing date, attached to the letter was an Order to provide statement copies, a charge schedule and a witness statement by a certain date. I have to send this to the Court and a copy to LTSB's solicitors, [problem]. If you have a similar Order, read it carefully as your MUST comply with it. Your case will be struck out if you don't. It is most likely that they will offer to settle before this date or not supply their part of the Order. Either way you will win but you must prepare all the required documentation and be ready to submit it well in advance of the required date.

Hope this helps.

Eric.

ive not received any order to provide evidence, just the hearing date and the option to appear or make written representations within 7 days of hearing date. i have been reading some threads on this and have found it all very confusing and have no idea how to proceed.

Hi,

You are one of many people with exactly the same directions and court date as yourself take a look its in the barclays forum but feel free to post on it http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/92371-cardiff-directions-hearings-14th.html

Hope it gives you some help.

claire

I had a directions hearing dated the 26th march in Cardiff but bank paid up before the date.

:pI'VE CLAIMED MY BARCLAYS CHARGES BACK.:p

£5125.60

Im no expert everything i write is what i learnt from my own experience and reading through other threads. Click my scales if you wish to!:)

I would definitely go to court - just in case :confused:

There was a thread on hear a while ago where someone lost their case because they were not there top answer a critical question from the judge

If you think this post has been of help, please click on my SCALES on the left - thanks :-) :-x

Peter Anderson

Me Vs Morgan Stanley - WON £490

Me V's LTSB - Private & Bus Acc - £18.8k (since Oct1997)

inc: S.69 Interest (and growing daily) -;)

Please remember to DONATE when you have WON

i have a court date in Cardiff along with many others on the 14th aug. i prepared my written representatioin but before getting a chance to post it, i received a settlement offer in full from lloyds solicitors(SC&M). of course im going to accept. funny thing is that they have offered £100 more than im claiming. total offer is £2269 including costs and further interest.result

im in cardiff court same day,just had letter from sc&m asking if i could send them a) a list of charges b)the date of every charge c)how i calculated the interest (which i havent even asked for ) is this the normal procedure ????

not the way i done it. i have never had contact with banks solicitors. all claim letters and charge shedule were sent to my local branch who dealt with it. they wilkl pass it to solicitors.remember, they are the enemy and will lie to you and give you mis information. its what they get paid for.

**** received my settlement acceptence letter today for the full amount of £2269. any idea how long it will take them to credit my account? court date is 14th aug. i dont want to phone them and ask as i reckon they will just lie non stop to me. its what they are good at.