Stabiloboss v HSBC - Much Help Needed

stabiloboss
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6108 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Stab, If they have run to form they will have also posted defaults on your credit record. This means you will be unable to get credit off any other card companies too.

Might be worth getting a copy of your credit record to check. I think Experian and the other companies do a one off for free service on the net or they do a statutory one for a few pounds in the post.

pete

I did miss payments (3 I think) and I don't think they actually added any extra charges in that time other than interest, so I can't really argue the defaults at any case.

Unless maybe I argue that I only had the credit card as a result of being charged unlawfully on my regular account.

TBH I just want to get my unlawful charges back and pay off my HSBC OD, CC and eventually, loan and get rid of them forever!!!!!!

I still can't believe they never told me the account was closed since September and that had I not queried it today I may not have found out for months on end!!!! Such a circus!!!

Unless maybe I argue that I only had the credit card as a result of being charged unlawfully on my regular account.

The argument to use is that if they hadn't levied unlawful penalty charges, subsequent payments would have been met without a problem & therefore defaults would not have been entered. If you do pursue this, make sure they remove them completely rather than mark them as satisfied.

If you go to the experian or equifax websites, it can be a little difficult to find the link for ordering your statutory £2 credit report as they prefer you to buy a monthly subscription.

So here are the links for each.

CLICK HERE For the Equifax £2 report.

CLICK HERE For the Experian £2 report.

Don't forget CallCredit! I made that mistake once...

Order your Callcredit credit report

Dave

HSBC: Settled - Offered full refund 2 days before MCOL - £2934.50

(Thread here)

Lloyds TSB: Settled - Offered full refund 2 weeks before MCOL - £650 (Thread here)

• 3 months later...

Hi To All,

I started a claim initially back in March. I sent my prelim and LBA with a full breakdown with each letter and sent them recorded delivery. I followed all the guidance from this (fantastic) website and used the template letters.

Following my prelim, I received a standard 'we'll look into your complaint', after two weeks I sent my LBA to which I received an offer letter. My claim was for £3069, the offer was for £1681, explaining how I was clearly misguided, their charges being lawful and so on.

One week later they sent another letter stating they had not heard from me and presumed the matter was closed.

Now, to explain, the delay from sending my LBA and taking any court action AND the reason I didn't respond to their offer was, that of being seriously ill and in and out of hospital after major surgery in December and being diagnosed with cancer which obviously required treatment since. And only now am I well enough to be able to deal with this again.

So, before I begin any new correspondance, I wanted to seek any advice you guys could offer.

I was thinking I would send another LBA style letter acknowledging the offer and incorporating the 'response to settlement offer' letter.

However, I recently learnt that my credit card with HSBC was defaulted and closed in September. They did not let me know at all, I was making a slightly reduced fixed fee each month after missing a couple of payments. Three days after my surgery HSBC insisted I go to a branch to discuss my account and had frozen my current account as a result until I did.....I hadn't even been discharged at this point and needed money for my prescriptions and food for when I was.

So I was also wondering if I can now incorporate the 'removel of default' request into my claim for my current account, considering HSBC can link the two accounts when they see fit.

Any advice you guys can offer will be very much appreciated and extremely valuable to me. As you can imagine finances have been very tight theses last 6 months. Thanks and good luck to all fellow fighters.

First off welcome, you've come to the right place. Secondly, I'm sorry to hear of your illness, HSBC's attitude sucks in all honesty.

If it were me, I would send the second LBA-style letter, giving them the standard 14 days to reply in a satisfactory manner, acknowledging the offer and rejecting it outright, unless of course you're happy to accept it as a partial settlement on the understanding that you WILL be pursuing the balance. I find it easier to reject outright.

As for the removal of default, I'm not 100% sure on this point but if as you say you were seriously ill and unable to manage your finances at that point, I personally can't see why they wouldn't. Someone may well of course come along and correct me on all of this so please don't take just my word for it.

I wish you well in your fight...stick it to'em, stick it to 'em good!!!!! :)

Best of luck

DCA's - they have the same power as an infinite number of untrained chimps working on a script for Hamlet, but the chimps would probably at least get it right :D

Hi Rayne,

Thanks for the reply and your support. I think that's the route I'll take, but I'm going to read around a little more and wait a couple of days for any additional advice before I send the letter, just so I know where I am. I'll let you know how the draft goes!

Fingers crossed!

hi stabiloboss

firstly welcome back - sounds like you've had a few tough months & i too wish you well

i knew i recognised you name from reading your original thread - pete helped you a lot last time & he'll be around soon. im sure he'll look in.

good luck :)

Pete's good, he's helped me out a few times already :)

DCA's - they have the same power as an infinite number of untrained chimps working on a script for Hamlet, but the chimps would probably at least get it right :D

Did I hear my name mentioned ???

Hiya Stabilo, glad to hear your feeling well again... you go get the Sh*t bags :)

As Rayne said send off a new LBA, just change the first line to "you are disapointed with their negative response to your claim" and give them 14 days before you file your claim.

Have you done a claim schedule for your credit card yet ?

as always, anything your not sure about let us know and one of us will jump in and help you

pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your advice again!

Think it would have been best to keep my thread seperate....but it's been mashed together!!!:confused:

Anyway, I've not started a schedule for my CC with HSBC, because oddly enough they have never added any cherges other than interest...no penalty fees at all when I missed payments & I've never been over my limit on it!

I'm going to draft my new letter to HSBC on Monday, after I've done my homework....slowly but surely.

Thanks all!