Robinson, Way - Unbelievable!!! **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6110 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Don't normally speak to any DCAs but Robberson Way caught us on the hop yesterday whilst we were waiting for a call from a doctor about my very seriously ill mother-in-law.

They were ringing about a disputed debt, so shouldn't have been calling anyway - my wife gave them an impressive amount of verbal, explained the situation about the doctor, and then I took the call to have a go as well.

Majorclanger100: 'You shouldn't be calling us about this debt it is under dispute'

Robberson Way: 'We can ring you about it, as you need to cover our costs'

MC100: 'Really? So which statute specifies that then? You are aware that you are in breach of the OFT guidelines? I am getting off the phone now as we are waiting for a call from a doctor about my mother in law, who is extremely ill following a heart operation - this is just not important.'

RW: 'We need to sort this out, as it
is
very important'

MC100: 'Important to you perhaps, but not to us. I am ending this call'

RW: 'Stay on the phone Mr Majorclanger, you signed the T & Cs of this contract and now you must face the consequences. This is of vital importance'

MC100: 'Goodbyeee' (plus a teeny bit of swearing)

Proof that DCAs don't inhabit the same world as the rest of us.....

WOOLWICH -S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 03/03/07 :cool:

LBA sent for non-compliance with Data Protection Act 28/04/07 :mad:

ABBEY - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 03/03/07 8)

I hope you recorded it. "Enough rope" and "hang" leap to mind.

All the best to your mother-in-law, by the way :)

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

I would have just put the phone down on them in a situation like that , they are not important enough to be engaged on the phone with when awaiting an important call. They are not important enough when not awaiting one.

But it is disgusting behaviour , but it is an incentive for you next time to just hang up and leave the phone free for more important concerns. Those fools that are the callers from robinson way are nothing but **** you find on your shoe that you kick into the kerb , they are not worth wasting breath on to talk to . I do keep them talking sometimes to annoy them in the data protection loop , but if an important call is incoming.. no, they must be terminated immediately .

• 2 weeks later...

LOL I love the idea of the effect an 'Acme Thunderer' would have - must one.

Instalment two of the Robberson Way saga:-

Mother-in-law has now left hospital and is pretty poorly as you can imagine. She also has a 'debt' which RW reckon they can collect on - but they've not complied with her CCA request (well over 42 days). Despite this they rang her, she explained that she's not in any fit state to deal with the situation and that she'd just come out of hospital - they said they'd call her every two days until she agreed payment. :mad:

We went ballistic - I've threatened them with everything from the OFT to the local paper and Watchdog. Not that they give a toss but it made us feel better! Although she hasn't received any calls from the buggers since..... :roll:

Robberson Way have collapsed totally - we've received a very slimy apology letter (too late to prevent my complaint to the TS - shame ;) ) stating that 'our usual level of service failed on this occasion'. No it didn't - bullying frail old ladies is exactly their usual level of service. Anyway they've referred the account back to the original 'creditor'.

Good ending for my mother-in-law but how many other OAPs/vulnerable people are out there who are in the same situation and being treated like dirt, but don't know someone in the CAG who can fight on their behalf? :mad: