Got a court date through

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6117 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning guys, I have now received (finally) a date through for my court appearance. I'm starting t oget a bit worried now so can you please give me some advice as to the steps I need to take. It's been a while since I've been on this forum but I remember something about a Court Bundle. Could someone explain what this is and where I can find it within this site.

Many thanks.

Rich

Could someone explain what this is and where I can find it within this site.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/33060-basic-court-bundle.html

If you havent already...send in your updated SOC's to both parties

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Hi Dar£n,

I believe I have done that already as the case was suspended for a while to allow a test case to proceed. When this didn't happen the date was shifted back and back. It is due on the 24th July. Having read many posts today it appears that I have to send the court bundle to both the court and Barclays with a minumum of 14 days before the case is heard. Is this ture? If so what should I be including in the Court Bundle?

Best regards,

Rich

Rich, my last post had a link to the bundle, print it all off.

there are two links that you need to access and also print off.

If you have your terms and conditions include those too.

The bundle is everything you would rely on in court, so that includes ALL correspondence to and from Barclays, incl emails etc.

Think about contacting the Lit Team too soon

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Thanks for that. I didn't see the link hiding there. Who is the Lit Team? Is that somebody that works within the Consumer Action Group or somebody related to the court?

I am right in thinking that I have to send copies of that stuff to the court. Barclays as well as saving a copy for me. Because I am now cutting this quite fine should I contact the court to ask for the date to be postponed? Is 14 days the minimum?

Thanks very much

Thanks for that. I didn't see the link hiding there. Who is the Lit Team? Is that somebody that works within the Consumer Action Group or somebody related to the court?

Thanks very much

Barclays Litigation team... see link below, all the contact details are there. As your court date is so close i am sure they will want to settle. My advice is to email Dino.. look for his details in the thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/94602-barclays-litigation-team-good.html

Yes you send identical copies to the court & defendant, keeping another for yourself, all must match.

14 days is the minimum before, make sure it's recorded delivery so you know it got there.

Andrew

Thanks Trucker and Kopstar. If I was to contact the Litigation Team is it simply a case of phoning/emailing them and ask if they want to settle before this goes any further? What do I need to furnish him with? Claim number, and amount etc?

So the advice is if they offer a partial settlement then (obviously it's my decision) but I should decline and make a further copy.

Thanks again,

Rich

Hi Guys,

Been Rejected from barclays for my full amount? Sent letter on the 5/7/07 telling them i'm taking court action? Can any one help by telling what i shell do now? Getting confused with it all?:?

Kind regards

parrot

Hi smoking-monkey - I'm not sure if it's a pre-requisite or not which is why I asked if you'd been asked for a bundel in your notice of hearing... Advice that has come back to me in my own thread today is that if they haven't asked for any paperwork don't send any... I guess it can't hurt though!

Hi 119Parrot,

You need to start your own thread. Go back to the last page, hit the 'New Thread' button and you can ask away with any questions and you'll get lots of help and support.

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Smoking Monkey

You will only need to send your Bundle in if the court has specifically asked you to submit all documents / evidence that will be relied upon in court. I am guessing that the court date you have is a prelim/ allocations hearing, so you may be jumping the gun a bit and giving yourself a lot of unnecessary work

• 2 weeks later...

Morning Guys,

Good news finally! I received a letter from Barclays yesterday offering the full amount. However, they have slapped some Terms and Conditions (confidentiality agreements etc) on the end which I seem to remember they cannot do. Does anybody have any advice on what to do or have they had similar constraints attached to any offer? I'm wanting to accept their offer but not if these Terms and Conditions means it comes at a price.

Rich

HI SM

All the answers you need are supplied by great advisors on this previous thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/98605-urgent-please-settlement-confidentiality.html?highlight=confidentiality

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

Hi WelshCakes,

That's brilliant! Thanks very much for that. So basically, I should not agree to any of the conditions they impose on the settlement. That sounds fair so I'm hoping that Barclays see it that way too.

Thanks again, and I'll keep you posted on their reaction.

Rich