Carl Smith vs Barclays

redsrule
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6138 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I havent posted much in the forum but in February i started to claim back my charges.

These amounted to £3400 from the statements i was provided with (FOC i might add) by Barclays.

I sent the letters in order and have just received a response offering me £2200 as full and final settlement.

Basically, not wanting to sound greedy, i want the lot, or at least £3k.

The LBA in the templates is pretty much the same as the others i have sent already.

Should i amend it to state that i am not prepared to accept the offer made or leave it as the template shows.

I am not worried about taking it to court but just a bit unsure of the wording on this letter.

Any help is appreciated if you have been in this predicament!

Bear in mind, Carl, that when you start court proceedings against the bank you are entitled to add 8% per annum to that amount. This makes their offer look even more paltry. You obviously need to consider your own circumstances but personally I refused their offer and took them to court. They settled the full amount including interest and court expenses before the court date. It takes time though so its up to you.. I think some people on here have replied to that offer saying they will accept that only as part payment but will be seeking the full amount in court ... etc.

By the way you are not being greedy you are asking for your money back!!!

You must be seen to accept the offer,,,,but as part payment only..

ALWAYS reply to their letters, we must show that we have been communicating with them as much as possible, that way, when they dont reply to OUR letters it goes against them if it goes to court.

Your offer is std reply anyhoo, unless you agree to it you wont hear from them until court action.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Thanks both, so if i reply to the letter with the LBA and include a copy of their offer letter and include a sentence saying i accept this but as part payment and i am still expecting the rest - or words to that effect????

Sounds good. They will not accept that scenario and as Dar£n says you will not hear any more from them until they agree to settle before you court date.

Good luck

Ols

Hi redsrule

What you will most likely find as well is that when you do send back your "partial payment acceptance" letter, B's will withdraw the offer. As always, send your letter registered mail.

The additional 8% is well worth the wait on a claim your size :)

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41