BankFodder BankFodder

Befnal

'Allocation and Case Management Conference' - What is it?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4659 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I am currently pursuing a claim on behalf of my brother, and after seeing the case transferred to 3 different courts for directions, I received the following:

'Upon the courts own initiative

TAKE NOTICE that the Allocation and Case Management Conference

will take place on 17th July 2007 at 15:00pm

at Southend County Court, Tylers House, Tylers Avenue, Southend

on Sea, Essex SS1 2AW

to be heard before District Judge Dudley

When you should attend.

PLEASE NOTE: This case may be released to another Judge

possibly at a different court.'

I have submitted several claims on behalf of other people before, all cases have been allocated to the small claims track without having to attend a hearing. So why is this different?

The other problem I have is that my brother cannot attend on that date and as I live in Warwickshire it is going to be difficult for me to attend on his behalf. How should I deal with this situation?

Thanks

Chris

Halifax

- Subject Access Request 19th June

- Statements Recieved (17 envelopes!)

- Preliminary Approach for £785 25th June

- Offer of £60!

- Declined offer and LBA sent 6th July

No response from Halifax

- Money Claim case filed 18th August

- Papers Served 23rd August

- Acknowledged 28th August

- Paid in Full ! 30th August

Chris

have a look at the thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/100805-claims-transferred-southend.html

The people there are in the same boat as you. The only thing I could find on the HM Courts service was about telephone conference

Chris

have a look at the thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/100805-claims-transferred-southend.html

The people there are in the same boat as you. The only thing I could find on the HM Courts service was about telephone conference

Hi Jules,

Thanks for the info, it seems that there are a hell of a lot of people experiencing the same problem. What I will do is contact the court and ask if they can transfer the claim to my local county court at Coventry, as I am the 'litigation friend' in this case.

In another case I had representing someone from Basildon the case was transferred to Coventry, althouth the claim was settled in full 10 days before the hearing was due.

Halifax

- Subject Access Request 19th June

- Statements Recieved (17 envelopes!)

- Preliminary Approach for £785 25th June

- Offer of £60!

- Declined offer and LBA sent 6th July

No response from Halifax

- Money Claim case filed 18th August

- Papers Served 23rd August

- Acknowledged 28th August

- Paid in Full ! 30th August

Its madness that they are moving claims around the country - they should keep them local. I filed mine directly with Basildon CC so I am hoping that it they do transfer it, it is only to Southend CC