govan law center?

granby
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6137 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The claims were decided in an English court so English law applies. Govan law centre provided the instructing solicitor an English solicitor was used as an agent on the day. Both solicitors acted pro bono.

Mike Dailly at Govan offered his services and was a natural choice given his absolute commitment to the campaign. It was an absolute pleasure to work with a team with so committed to the cause with the drive to see this through to the end.

The amount of work generated by the strikeouts was phenomenal and Mike Dailly took on a large proportion of this. The qualiity and quantity of the work going on behind the scenes was quite breathtaking.

It was excellent to see the top three organisations CAG, MSE and Govan,involved in the bank charges campaign really pulling together and achieving a significant landmark in the campaign. It was a unique cross border effort.

The judge was highly complimentary on the professionalism displayed by the voluntary organisations involved and how the new templates would be instrumental in moving claims forward.

Could you please remove your avatar it really is quite distasteful and inappropriate for this forum.

Could you please remove your avatar it really is quite distasteful and inappropriate for this forum.

sorry if my avatar offended

has been removed for me :D

and thank you for that info on hull cases hearing, and what was said in the court.

but just to clarify for me

you are saying a test case that an English court judge has asked for/allowed, can be heard in a Scottish court ?

that is what i am asking

tis obvious cag,mse and mike dailly have worked really hard on the hull case's,and i am in NO WAY disparaging these efforts to bring a definitive ruling and possibly an end to the banks penalty charging regime

i am just asking a simple question,and asking for a simple answer for a simple person

yours respectfully

granby

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Govan Law centre is not a court. It is a charitable trust which offers legal advice in the community. Law centres are similar to Citizens Advice Bureau in that they offer free legal advice on issues such as housing, debt repossession, employment etc. Mike Dailly is the principle solicitor of Govan Law centre.