New Reply to Thread Notification Not Working

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In the NatWest forum, I have my 'jcwacky vs NatWest' post, but I do not receive updates whenever a new reply is made.

- I have checked in the User CP and the thread is listed as subscribed with 'Instant' e-mail notification.

- I have tested my e-mail address it is fine

- I do not have any spam filters which could be stopping it.

What could be the problem?

Thanks

James

I am not getting updates by email either.

I was until quite recently, however I updated a thread of mine and received several replies to which I was unaware, until I logged in to check my CP myself.

:confused:

2007 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2008 Issues ALL RESOLVED

£4,200 in charges claimed back succesfully from a total of 5 Creditors

2009 Issues ALL RESOLVED

NEXT Directory - No Agreement, No Further Action **WON**

2010 Issues

Court Claim from Black Horse - AOS 22.11.10, CPR 23.11.10

Assisting Daughter with Employment Tribunal for Wrongful Dismissal/Discrimination

:) My Head is officially out of the Sand :)

I will point our webmaster to this thread

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

James:

Your mail server appears to be rejecting mail for the email address you have registered with CAG: " Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table"

CAGisforME:

An email was sent out to you at 9.05 (BST) this morning ... did you receive it? Your mail server certainly accepted the mail

Anabel:

Again, the server sent you an email at 9:22am (BST) ... did you receive it?

Cheers

i received one notifcation....out of the 13 posts.....not including the ones that have been moderated...

what happened...why did i not get them....i got them for this thread....was it due to the thread.

anabel

I'm not sure why would have received them for this thread, but not others. According to the logs, two notifications have been sent to you today: 9.22 am and 11.47 am

Prior to that, 8 emails were sent to you on the 3th July, 1 on the 2nd July, and 2 on the 1st July.

If you didn't receive these (or only some of these), I'd guess your ISP is filtering them as spam. They certainly left our server ok, and were accepted by your ISPs mail server.

If your ISP are scanning them for spam, that could explain why some get through but others don't - since the notifications include the text of the reply, the spam filter will probably score each notification differently.

Well thanks for taking the time to look at the problem even if i dont understand it.

The site address has been marked as safe to receive emails from so therefore i dont really see why they havent got to my email address.

anabel

James:

Your mail server appears to be rejecting mail for the email address you have registered with CAG: " Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table"

I tested my e-mail address and it worked perfectly so I told my host exactly what was happening and this was their responce:

"It appears that the sender mail server does not support the callbacks the our mail server is performing. When a message is sent to our servers, our mail service will call back to ensure the sender exists. During this, the mail service uses a null sender. It appears that the sending mailserver does not support this null server and so the call back fails. All of our servers perform the sender verification callback. This is a feature that reduces a large amount of spam from falsified e-mail addresses. We cannot turn this feature off due to a mail server not conforming to RFC standards."

Thanks

James

Anabel: if it's been marked as safe by your mail client, that doesn't necessarily imply that your ISP won't still filter it as spam. At the moment, I can't think what else to suggest.

James: thanks, that was useful, and I've solved the problem now. Our notifications were being sent from a non-existent account (so that we don't receive hundreds of bounce backs). I've fixed this, so next time your mail server calls us back, it should be given the OK

James: thanks, that was useful, and I've solved the problem now. Our notifications were being sent from a non-existent account (so that we don't receive hundreds of bounce backs). I've fixed this, so next time your mail server calls us back, it should be given the OK

Perfect! I can now confirm I am receiving e-mails fine! Thanks!

Just to say (rather on the late side) that I received the email you mention.

Thanks for looking into this for us.

I definately have had a period of not having received emails and then having updated threads in my user CP. I never opt out of the notifications, so I just didn't understand why.

I'll be using the site on Sunday, so I will update if I do/do not receive further emails.

Again, thanks for acting on this. :)

2007 Issues ALL RESOLVED

2008 Issues ALL RESOLVED

£4,200 in charges claimed back succesfully from a total of 5 Creditors

2009 Issues ALL RESOLVED

NEXT Directory - No Agreement, No Further Action **WON**

2010 Issues

Court Claim from Black Horse - AOS 22.11.10, CPR 23.11.10

Assisting Daughter with Employment Tribunal for Wrongful Dismissal/Discrimination

:) My Head is officially out of the Sand :)