Excellent news from Hull - one for the doubters

GaryH

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5217 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As some of you may know there was a hearing at Hull County Court today involving over 40 claims against various banks, which were threatened with strike outs on the grounds that they had no reasonable prospect of success following the Berwick case which Lloyds "won".

Contrary to their media spoutings, evidently Lloyds are clearly not confident in the merits of the Berwick judgement, or indeed their defence itself, becouse each and every claim in which Lloyds were involved was settled!

Aside from the immense satisfaction of Lloyds' humiliating capitulation, the day went rather well, by all accounts. Read about it here -

Big Victory in Hull Court :-) - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

Bring it on Yorkshire!!:D :D :D

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

brilliant news

:D:D:D:D

see even Lloyds settle (as long as its not in Birmingham ;))

just watch now for Yorkshire bank seriously back peddle

I really wish I was there, as I would have liked to watch the QC in action - think it would have been fun :D

Grrrrrreat news!!

I'm pleased for all concerned, however, I don't think that anyone should become complacent and we should all continue with our claims in the thorough manor which has been encouraged by the likes of GaryH and co. over the last few weeks.

Keep up the good work and good luck to you all.:)

nic - Sent a letter to Lloyds asking for permission to go to FOS -

muppets though didn't read my letter and sent me the first letter that EVERYBODY gets.

So I have just sent (Yesterday) a new letter asking them to actually read my first letter and not give me a standard letter

When I get that back I will need help writing to the FOS which I believe Bankfodder already has offered.

But otherwise I am still about - trying to give moral support where I can. Most of the stuff you need is on this site, just hard to find (cant wait for the wiki to be finished though)

BUT this is a brilliant moral victory won by all the hard work behind the scenes.

Well done mods and modettes. (Bet Bankfodder had a huge grin on his face afterwards :D)

Bump!:D

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Note to all* Excellent work by Gary on the Hull cases. :D

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

Thats brilliant news, well done to all concerned.

I wonder what will happen now we've got them by the short and curlies.:D

Do you think these other 7 cases (especially the 4 involving the Yorkshire Bank) will actually be settled beforehand?

With the courts snowed under with claims you would imagine that there's a fair bit of pressure on the banks in the big boys clubs to bring this matter to a head once and for all, and perhaps they've decided amongst themselves that the Yorkshire bank is the one to do it.

Though disclosure would obviously damage all the banks, it would be the Yorkshire/clydesdale Bank in all the headlines, and choosing a lesser known bank (as far as the High Street goes) to sit at the helm would be an obvious choice as far as damage limitation goes. The National Australia Bank may well have less to lose than the others, and could easily absorb the damage by off loading Yorkshire/Clydesdale bank.

Then again, perhaps i'm getting carried away....:D

• Haha 1

Time will tell. ;)

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

Note to all* Excellent work by Gary on the Hull cases. :D

I was only a very small part of a large and unbelievably dedicated team - Lively and zootscoot did most of the hard work on our side of things, along with Bankfodder, Martin Lewis, Govan Law centre and the QC.

Its not just about us either - those that help here day in day out giving up there own free time helping people tirelessly without expecting anything back in return are every bit as much a part of this as we are. Especially in this forum where its been so manic over the last few weeks. We couldn't do it without you so massive thanks to you all - you know who you are.:)

go GARY go GARY go GARY go GARY

oh and NIC (who seems to be beating me to helping everybody today :p)

and Mr Cox - who is a very very very nice man

on a aside - isn't that the idea of this site - everybody pitches in where they can.

Those that know - point people where to find out - those that don't - learn and those the cycle continues?

or am I being blonde?

Nic - I actually had Gary as a greeny bluey type person :D

:) Hi, I just wanted to add thanks for the excellent work done by all for us less fortunate in the brains department, I'm still mid claim (Lloyds have five days to pay or enter 'disclosure' to court), before I can enter judgement), and the help I have had from all has been fantastic. My claim is not small, and is scary at times, and if it wasn't for everyone on this site, new and old, helping each other, I don't think I would have gone as far.

So thank you and well done all.

Fzrkitten.

Fzrkitten