New To This

bazza.a
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6135 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi people

first post so I hope I'm doing this correctly. I'm trying to reclaim my sons bank charges from Lloyds, I sent the data protection act subject request on 24/05/07 with a counter cheque from my own basic account, this was sent by registered mail (£4.30 guaranteed next day) however as yet no reply from Lloyds, does the 40 days mean working days or just 40 days to reply. obviously without the info I cant carry on with the claim, I'm now going to send a complaint to the bank and give them the seven recommended days to reply, I would imagine this also has to be sent registered,and can I claim these charges back, good luck to you all

Bazza:-(

Hi Bazza

Just seen your post. I've also had prob's with Lloyds TSB. Mine has been 44 days and i've had nothing.

I'm trying to source the letter that you send them if they have not responded. Any ideas?

Hotchilli

No you cant claim the cost of postage back that is your choice by sending this way.

They have 40 days including weekends/holidays etc.

This is typical of banks at the moment failing to comply in time.

Have you considered complaining to the Information Commisioner?

Hi Bigmac Versus

Was hoping to find box of s/mensts today but no such joy. So i'm going to have to chase them up.Any ideas on what to put in letter saying they have not responded. Trying to find template for this stage but cannot find any. Please advise.

Regards

Hotchilli

Hi Bazza

Thank you so much 4 this. Will start doing letter tonight and sending out Royal Mail registered. Will keep you upto speed if i get any joy. Hope you have success.

Having a good evening.

Regards

Hotchilli

Hi Bigmac versus

I've been on the Information Commissioners Office website and it says it wants proof of the cheque as well as copies of all other papers sent. as I've only a basic account I have to go through my bank for them to trace the cheque and when it was cashed ( it was a counter cheque) I've emailed my bank and waiting for a reply, then I'll send everything in to them, or should I just make a complaint with the original letter and proof of postage ( I did use my phone to photograph the cheque with the letter.

Cheers

bazza:)

Hi all

continuing from the first part of this thread I've just been in touch with my bank and it seems that the counter cheque I sent them hasn't been presented,

this check is to get an S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) for my sons account. On the back of the cheque I wrote- for and on behalf of xxxx xxxxxxx ac No xxxxxxx which was stapled to the letter as I said this was sent registered on 24/05/07 and no reply as yet and it's well past the 40 day deadline should I now immediately send them this letter http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/30361-subject-access-request-data.html

can I deliver this by hand (as my sons branch is only down the road), are lloyds usually this bad

thanks all

Bazza:cry:

Hi,

I sent of my initial letter to Lloyds TSB with a cheque which took over the 40 days to be cashed but I did received 6 years worth of statements within a few days. It is worth hanging in there although I wouldn't wait too long to pursue it.

My 40 days are up and sent the second letter giving them 7 days. But have just noticed I sent it to the wrong address (gresham st), I'm guessing I should have sent it to my local branch? Do I have to start again and wait another 40 days? :confused:

Hi Zootscoot

found the address of the compliance dept. would the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request be forwarded to here, I'll send the second letter to this address and hope they act on it

Lloyds TSB Bank PLC

Compliance Dept.

Mountbatten House

Military Road

Chatham

ME4 4JF

cheers

Bazza

Hi people

just to update, my son received the statements today,eagerly awaiting them to put on a spreadsheet and send a copy of this with the prelim letter

thanks

Bazza :)