leftfeet vs halifax cc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5191 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

after winning against halifax bank i'm now trying to reclaim charges against

my halifax credit card account. here's the situation...

the account was closed (by me) about a year ago. i am over the agreed £750 limit by about £350. i am claiming back over £1000 in overlimit and late fees.

my question is this - can i request that they pay back the charges into my halifax current account or are they just likely to put it back into the credit card account, and effectively write the debt off?

Hi you can request a cheque.

Hi my claim with the Halifax, they paid the full amount into my account on 19th june 2007 £5635.05.

N1 filed 23rd May 2007

Deemed served 25th may 2007

Acknowledged 1st June 2007

Keep on fighting and you will get it.

Heres some helpful numbers 01422 391096 or email

[email protected]

Today 20th June I discovered that 2700.00 had been taken out of my bank, I rang Halifax and was told it was interest on a loan, I told them that I didn’t have any loans so she put me on hold and came back after 5 mins and said there’s been an error I will get someone to call you back in 5 mins (I smoked 5 cigs in 15 mins) got no call back so I rang them and they said sorry about the error your account as been refunded with the 2700.00 what a cheek?

If the account is closed then you should be able to get a cheque, but seeing as you still have a debt on it, they will probably pay it into the account to clear the debt. You will have to request a cheque.

But on the bright side, even if they pay it into your account, it will be cleared for you..

No more debt there. That has to be good.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

thanks

indeed, either outcome would be a bonus.

i have written my LBA and am about to send it tomorrow. should i amend it or send it and request a cheque by telephoning them? they haven't given me any sort of response at all yet.

You could add a bit extra stating you want to be paid by cheque.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .