• Tweets

• Agree it is not a modification that needs to be disclosed to Insurers as changing the seats has not changed the risk.  
    • Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

CCCS Won't stop payments - HELP!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6133 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good evening.

I'm in a catch 22 situation with 3 creditors and 4 accounts. BOS/Blair Oliver & Scott, Egg/Credit Solutions (x2) and MBNA - all of them regarding CCA requests.

BOS can't find the agreement and probably won't be able to. MBNA have provided something that is clearly unenforceable and Egg/CSL have not replied to me at all. MBNA and Egg/CSL are now in criminal default and BOS probably soon will be.

The problem I have is that my debts are being managed by a debt management plan through the CCCS and they won't stop payments to the creditors unless I can give them something from a solicitor to prove that these debts are unenforceable. I can't afford a solicitor - I've signed up to the Which legal service but the Ts & Cs say they won't put anything in writing. I can't put any pressure on these creditors if I don't stop the payment.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I don't want to pull out of my DMP and I don't want an argument with the CCCS, but it's frustrating because at least 1 person in the CCCS has told me that this sort of thing happens all the time and they're quite happy to do this, but the person I'm dealing with, and she checked with her supervisor, won't allow this to happen.

Are there any no-win, no-fee solicitors who would take this kind of thing on?

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

Cheers.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

When I was using the CCCS (long time ago!) I found things a little inflexible after all the fantastic advise was dispensed so opted to create my own DMP using the budget sheets provided by CCCS and stood my ground hard with creditors who all eventually agreed to the budget provided and it's only the last 6 months since finding this fantastic site that i've started questioning things much more.

If you're finding things inflexible, the tricky parts done, and whilst it's hats off to the CCCS for the great work they do this obviously isn't working for you any more. Would it be that difficult to take this on yourself now and stick to it too?

Maybe CCCS_Matthew could comment further?

Whatever you decide, good luck & best wishes.

Regards, Dave.

Thanks Dave, I have considered this but I really do find the CCCS a godsend and I have to do everything in agreement with my Wife too. She's nervous enough about all this anyway, so I can't put her through any more hassle.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

Payplan are more flexible (and work along the same "no charge" system as CCCS) - I just emailed and asked them to remove the creditors from my (long) list. They did so without any questions

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

Thanks Jaxads. To be honest, I'm thinking of setting out my thoughts to CCCS in a long letter so that they can see what the problem is. I simply can't believe that they haven't come across this before - or reacted to it.

I'll just have to see where it takes me. I'm in a position now where I could even make a complaint to the police against Egg/CSA because they've committed a criminal offence, but I'm not sure if this will make any difference.

A lot of thinking is required.

Thanks.

Fred

Hi Fred,

I suggest you contact dpick. He is with CCCS and they went along with his stopping payments plan. I wonder if he might be able to get his contact there to speak to your contact - surely worth a try!

I think you must pursue this, also my view is that advice and method should be standard and across the board, therefore, I would take this line with your contact and her supervisor.

Good luck!

Regards,

Corn x:)

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Thanks Corny, I'm sure that there are people in the CCCS who are advising this, while others are not.

I'll do what you suggested and I think I'll also pm CCCS Matthew.

Regards.

Fred

Have you considered getting Trading Standards opinion on the validity of the agreements and the legal position if no agreement produced??

Edited by Josie8

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

Josie,

That's a thought, but I'm not too impressed with my local trading standards. I have given serious thought to reporting the matter to the police as a criminal offence, but I'm not sure this would make much difference.

Regards.

Fred

Well Fred I think it might be an idea to email Trading standards and ask what the legal position is with regards to non production of CCA to a request under s.78 . They will have to give you a straight answer to that one.

Then in a seperate email query the agreements produced and ask for their opinion on the legality. Ask them to specify if they comply with CCA act how they do...............

If you don't get an answer you like (& lets be straight some of the TS's are a bit dozy) then you haven't lost anything because you don't have to show the reply to CCCS. On the other hand if you get an naswer you like........:)

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

Good point Josie, many thanks for your help. I'll let you know how I get on.

Regards.

Fred

I read in another post ( cannot seem to find it) where CCCS got stroppy with someone for doing a CCA request and frowned upon it.

I cannot understand this attitude if it is true as it is only applying the laws of the land.

Councils, courts, and DCAs etc have no compunction whatsoever in employing whatever laws are to hand to extort money from us so why the objections when the tables are turned.

Of course I will pay you everything you say I owe with no proof.

Oooh Look....Flying Pigs

Hi Fred, I've just sent you a PM

Regards,

CCCS

We aim to advise you on practical ways to deal with your finances and to understand priority & non-priority debts. We can also help you to cope with these in a realistic and sustainable way and help you understand the likely actions of your creditors including any legal action during this process.

Hi Fred, I've just sent you a PM

Regards,

CCCS

Many thanks for your help.

Regards.

Fred

Hi, I am with CCCS and I was just wondering what you meant by unenforcable?

LisaDJ & partner vs HSBC - partial refund £522 of £700.

LisaDJ & partner vs HSBC - partial refund £250 of £367 (Oct 06-Jan 07) - account being closed by HSBC :rolleyes:

LisaDJ vs HSBC - claiming £1550 up to Sept 06 - result coming soon.

Hi, I am with CCCS and I was just wondering what you meant by unenforcable?

If any of your creditors cannot produce a 'true' copy of the executed agreement ( ie the agreement you would have originally signed when taking out a loan, card etc ) then under Consumer Credit Act rules the debt is totally unenforceable ( although this has recently changed it's not backdated ). This doesn't mean the debt is written off or that you don't owe the money ( unless you have a genuine dispute ) it does mean that your creditors cannot enforce the debt via the county court.

Hope this clears it up! CCCS are very good and offer an excellent free service but they are geared towards providing free DMPs for people struggling to meet their usual payments. They are not really set up to deal with issues of enforceability as it's not really what they focus on ( CCCS Matthew please correct me if this is wrong! ).

Ok thanks :) Was wondering whether it was something worth looking into. Our DMP is likely to last another 18 months and have mbna, egg and capital one cards on there. I think some of them might have been passed on to DCAs though.

LisaDJ & partner vs HSBC - partial refund £250 of £367 (Oct 06-Jan 07) - account being closed by HSBC :rolleyes:

Ok thanks :) Was wondering whether it was something worth looking into. Our DMP is likely to last another 18 months and have mbna, egg and capital one cards on there. I think some of them might have been passed on to DCAs though.

The CCA regs are the same whether it's been passed on or not so the DCA issue wouldn't make a difference. I suppose in your situation ( with a short DMP by most standards ) you need to weigh up whether you feel that you do owe the money so feel you should pay it back or whether there is some kind of dispute on balances etc that makes you feel you want to challenge it. Remember if any of your creditors have levied potentially illegal charges for late payments etc you could still go the route of reclaiming them. I would be inclined to pursue this after the DMP is all done & dusted to be honest but it is up to you.

Thanks, I never had any problems with late payments or anything until my partner left his job which is what prompted us to seek help from CCCS in the first place. I don't dispute that I owe the money...