Me vs Abbey - first question pls

mm009861
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Newbie but long time lurker on these forums! I sent off my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 22nd January and they surprisingly responded within the allotted time.

First question, which charges can I claim against, please? I'm at work right now so I can't see exactly what is on the paperwork they sent me.

Hoping to get back a fair few quid.. I am not anticipating working out the interest fees (sounds too complicated :() so I'm realistically just looking at the hard & fast charges I can pull back?

Thanks and I look forward to a long and redious fight!

Marc

Hi Marc!!! the charges i claimed for as listed on my statements are:

UNAUTHORISED O/D FEE

UNPAID D/D CHARGE

CLEARED TRANSACTION (LOADS OF THESE)

UNPAID CHQ CHARGE

The rest im not sure about IE: int debited etc.......

Hope this helps??

Bonnie ;)

Thanks for the prompt reply Bonnie, I will take a good look when I get home tonight and start calculating ;)

Expect some more 100% newbie questions from me in the coming weeks!

EDIT: ooh, already a second question! Do the 6 years start from todays date or from the date of the SAR, please?

EDIT: ooh, already a second question! Do the 6 years start from todays date or from the date of the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), please?

hi again!!! As i learnt the hard way, even tho u get 6 yrs of statements u can only claim from the date you start your claim in court (not date of first letter etc....)

My first letter was sent in Feb and my claim was filed in court in May so ive gone over 6 yrs by 3 months which Abbey picked up on...... unless u quote the Statute of Limitations Act s32 blah blah blah... which allows you to claim over 6 yrs!!

Dont worry about that yet though as u might not need to know it!!

If u do, shout and i'll come running ;)

Bonnie