parking on single yellow lines

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4166 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,

i know its not allowed to park on single yellow lines, but what if i live on the street that has a single yellow line.

Ive just been given one this morning, the details of the yellow lines are no parking from 7am till 6pm. I cannot park in nearby areas as i will not be able to make sure it is secure, and it is unfair to take other residents parking spots on other streets. Where i am parked is not disrupting traffic as its pretty much a pull into parking, so the road is more than 3 car widths wide. I actaully live on the high street and where im parked im guessing is for delivery vehicles at those times, but its not the busy end of the high street so little delivery vehicles come by.

So can i successfully appeal against the parking ticket i was issued?

Thank you

Don't know.

You haven't said what any ticked you have been issued with says.

On some things I am very knowledgeable, on other things I am stupid. Trouble is, sometimes I discover that the former is the latter or vice versa, and I don't know this until later - maybe even much later. Read anything I write with the above in mind.

Guest Big Lash

Perhaps you could argue that the yellow line applies to all road user EXCEPT YOU, and perhaps add that your more important than everyone else so why should you be treated the same.

When this is resolved, I suggest writing to the council to ask for a stretch of road, exactly where you want to park, to be made 'yellow line free' so you can park there without penalty. If you put a note on an adjoining wall stating that if anyone else parks there they will be towed away, you will be garaunteed to always have that space always available to you.

appeal it.

say you were loading and that the reason that the reason the warden did not observe any loading was because the car was locked as you were loading valubles - a painting, a stereo, a rare cat (use your imagination) - to an address on that street near where you were parked.

you have 10 minutes for loading on yellow lines and they normally have to see you loading. The above is a good reason why they did not - a parking warden told me that one and it works like a dream!

I know green & mean and the big lush won't like it...but let's face it is fun. You may not be able to beat the system - but you can certainly have good fun trying ;)

• 2 years later...

I parked on a single yellow on a vehicle loading zone to do a survey in Glasgow today for 3 mins got a ticket and towed total cost £180 plus a taxi to the pound cost £5

Is there not a level or if you park anywhere illegal they can tow you

I parked on a single yellow on a vehicle loading zone to do a survey in Glasgow today for 3 mins got a ticket and towed total cost £180 plus a taxi to the pound cost £5

Is there not a level or if you park anywhere illegal they can tow you

I will address the posters question in one second, i just have to love the "3" mins... I dont know if the flash was driving that lifting wagon. but 3 minutes for a warden to spot you, issue you with a 5 minute observation PCN, then call that through to there pound, then the lifting wagon to journey to your location and remove you.. The standard time they give vehicles in loading bays are 30 mins before removal... none of us really like traffic wardens but 3 mins cant be the truth....

Anyway

The yellow lines are there for a reason, as you well know. it may be outside your house but it is still odopted council property. The councils spend alot of money on mapping out routes and restrictions, although you may not believe it so, the yellow line outside your house probibly has a very good reason.

yellow line means a tow straight away when the yellow line contravention is active. the 30 mins is for in bay contraventions. councils drive the lorry around looking for vehicle to lift, they have a CEO on board to do the paperwork.