• Tweets

• I have received a PCN from Euro Car Parks for MFG - Esso Cobham - Gravesend. I was completely unaware that there was any such limit for parking and always considered this to be a service station. I stopped there to use the toilet, have a coffee and made a couple of work calls. I have read the previous topics on this location which suggest I can ignore this and ECP will not take legal action. The one possible complication is that the vehicle is leased by my employer so I do not want to involve them with the associated reminders and threatening letters. The PCN was first issued to the leasing company Arval who have notified ECP of the hiring company. I have attached a copy of the PCN Notice to Hirer with details removed as per instructions. What options do I have or should I just pay the PCN promptly at the reduced rate of £60? img20240424_23142631.pdf
    • What you have uploaded is a letter with daft empty threats from third-party paper tigers.  Just ignore it. What we need to see is the original invoice you received last October or November.
    • Thanks for posting the CPR contents. i do wish you hadn't blanked out the dates and times since at times they can be relevant . Can you please repost including times and dates. They say that they sent a copy of  the original  PCN that they sent to the Hirer  along with your hire agreement documents. Did you receive them and if so can you please upload the original PCN without erasing dates and times. If they did include  all the paperwork they said, then that PCN is pretty near compliant except for their error with the discount time. In the Act it isn't actually specified but to offer a discount for 14 days from the OFFENCE is a joke. the offence occurred probably a couple of months prior to you receiving your Notice to Hirer.  Also the words in parentheses n the Act have been missed off. Section 14 [5][c] (c)warn the hirer that if, after the period of 21 days beginning with the day after that on which the notice to hirer is given, the amount of unpaid parking charges referred to in the notice to keeper under paragraph 8(2)(f) or 9(2)(f) (as the case may be) has not been paid in full, the creditor will (if any applicable requirements are met) have the right to recover from the hirer so much of that amount as remains unpaid; Though it states "if any applicable ...." as opposed to "if all applicable......" in Section 8 or 9. Maybe the Site could explain what the difference between the two terms mean if there is a difference. Also on your claim form they keeper referring to you as the driver or the keeper.  You are the Hirer and only the Hirer is responsible for the charge EVEN IF THEY WEREN'T THE DRIVER. So they cannot pursue the driver and nowhere in the Hirer section of the Act is the hirer ever named as the keeper so NPC are pursuing the wrong person.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Halifax Letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6138 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Can I get some help please I just received a letter from the Halifax they state within the letter,

Halifax said " As explained in our previous letter, When you opened your account, you agreed to our terms and conditions which explained that charges would be applied if you did not keep to the terms of the account. Furthermore, we apply these charges because when customers have insufficeint funds in their account to cover a payment they have asked us to make, This means iadditional work for us. As a result, we feel it is reasonable to charge for this service".:?: :?:

The Halifax went on to say :- "I have reviewed your account carefully, and I am satisfied that the charges were correctly applied. However, we value our relationship with you so I am pleased to tell you that on this occasion as a gesture of goodwill, I am arranging for a payment of

£ 1,326.00 to be made to you. Please note this dos not mean that we believe we are under any legal obligation to do so".:?: :?:

What do we do now we have sent the last letter before taking legal action as we told the Halifax that if we did not receive the full repayment plus interest we would use MCOL so what do we do ??

They have made a gesture of goodwill of £ 1,326.00

The Halifax took £ 4,619.00 in six years ??

What do we do can any one help??:confused: :confused:

Andrew

• Haha 1

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Guest jamesroberts

I would write them a nice letter thanking them for their partial payment of the refund of charges but explain if the full balance of .... was not also refunded to your account within 14 days you would be left with no alternative than to reluctantly issue proceedings in the county court which will cost them further time and resources when this matter could be concluded quickly and easily with the refund requested....

And keep the letter for use in your court bundle - a clear acceptance by Halifax that the charges were levied because you failed to keep to the terms of the agreement with the bank - i.e. there is a breach of contract therefore the charges are penalties. That letter is as good as a cheque for the full amount ! :)

• Haha 1

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for your kind words of help it really helps me :confused:

As I am really stuck with all this the two parts the Halifax Plc said is :-

Halifax:-" Finally,I would like to explain what accepting my offer means to you, This offer is a goodwill gesture and is in full and final settlement of your complaint against The Halifax Plc".

Halifax said " To accept this payment yo do not need to take any further action as payment will be credited to your account within the next 14 days".

Would it be better using letter No 4 sorry wrong Number?? Re: Rejection of settlement offer,

Sorry is it letter No 2 I all mixed up here really hard all this

Many thanks for all your help.

Andrew

Letter 2:

Have a look here: last 4 or so pages!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/81108-dusary-bank-scotland.html?highlight=dusary+v+hbos

Don't get yourself in a state, Andrew.

You'll get to be like me - visiting the ATM every hour to see if the partial payment has gone in.

mad0066.gif

• Haha 1

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Hey!

Thanks for tippin me scales!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Hi Everyone,

Well I sent of an email direct to the Halifax head office and rejecting thier offere of £ 1.326.00 yesterday and we just of the phone to the Halifax direct number and now they said we will double the offer ??

The Halifax is now offering us £ 2,652.00 ??

The Halifax took in six years £ 4, 619.00 ??

I dont think we are going to win:( :(

Hi Everyone,

Whats the point any more as the Halifax are now saying we have Our figures wrong ??,its only £ 2,932.00 Here`s the Big But ?? the Halifax say we are over drawing on the said account that we had they want the £ 1.146.00 back ??

£ 2,932.00

£ 1,146.00-

£ 1,786.00 total ??

The Halifax gave us seven years fee`s that they charge and I never noticed ?? so they are we are wrong,they might as well keep the lot.

Andrew:(

Have they said your figures are wrong?

Did you work them out against your statements, and you are positive thst you are correct?

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi Everyone,

It looks like I got it wrong The Halifax sent us a single sheet of dates and figures with the dates from 01/ 01 / 2000 to 14 / 04 / 2007 it seems I have misscalculated the figure well that`s really so as they had a grand total with the amounts being with those dates and was £ 4,619.00?

I never gave it a thought as I was just thinking that was six years of the money or charges they took Its I never worked it out seemingly it was just single sheet A4 paper with the dates above and what charges they took ??

So I am the Dum one now ??:(

Hi Everyone,

It looks like I got it wrong The Halifax sent us a single sheet of dates and figures with the dates from 01/ 01 / 2000 to 14 / 04 / 2007 it seems I have misscalculated the figure well that`s really so as they had a grand total with the amounts being with those dates and was £ 4,619.00?

I never gave it a thought as I was just thinking that was six years of the money or charges they took Its I never worked it out seemingly it was just single sheet A4 paper with the dates above and what charges they took ??

So I am the Dum one now ??:(

What date are they going back to?

Hi kennythecelt,

The Halifax gave us a single sheet A4 paper what we thought was six years as we asked for ?? with 58 charges from 01 / 02 / 2000. up to 14 / 04 / 2007.

We phoned the direct number what we given and the person said at the Halifax office, "you do know that you can nly go back six years??"

We said yes we know that why ??

Halifax said " you can only go back to March 2001 ??"

The thing is, that from 01 / 02 / 2000 to 01 / 02 / 2001 the total charges in that period is £ 1, 687.00 that we can not claim back ??

But the other thing is that we received the letter making the offer as a goodwill gesture of £ 1,326.00 has doubled over night ?? to £ 2,652.00 ??

We have reworked out the figures and its now a total of £ 2,932.00 that they owe us but I feel like a right idiot as we sent letter for the orignal figure of £ 4,619.00 as this is the figure the Halifax sent to us when we asked for the six years breakdown.

We have to phone back tomorrow and speak to Rachel ?? about this offer?

this is really hard what do you do eh!!,:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Hi kennythecelt,

The Halifax gave us a single sheet A4 paper what we thought was six years as we asked for ?? with 58 charges from 01 / 02 / 2000. up to 14 / 04 / 2007.

We phoned the direct number what we given and the person said at the Halifax office, "you do know that you can nly go back six years??"

We said yes we know that why ??

Halifax said " you can only go back to March 2001 ??"

The thing is, that from 01 / 02 / 2000 to 01 / 02 / 2001 the total charges in that period is £ 1, 687.00 that we can not claim back ??

But the other thing is that we received the letter making the offer as a goodwill gesture of £ 1,326.00 has doubled over night ?? to £ 2,652.00 ??

We have reworked out the figures and its now a total of £ 2,932.00 that they owe us but I feel like a right idiot as we sent letter for the orignal figure of £ 4,619.00 as this is the figure the Halifax sent to us when we asked for the six years breakdown.

We have to phone back tomorrow and speak to Rachel ?? about this offer?

this is really hard what do you do eh!!,:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

My advise..... Go for it, I have just started a claim for 13 years worth of charges from Barlays. The time scale makes no difference, it is your money that the bank has been stealing from you for years, you are entitled to every penny. Dont listen to the banks lies regarding an acceptable time period. Good luck

You stay focussed at this stage, calm, polite and firm. You are in control now, they are not.

Your current claim is progressing fine. They are basing it on 6 years from your complaint date, get that confirmed.

You are now looking at them proposing a goodwill settlement and this will be on a staged basis. Keep to the full 100%. Confirm the dates they are settling on, get that in writing first.

The post 6 year claim will be after that payout. You will then need to work back from that date, as some of us are.

Keep in touch!!

Hi again, Andrew.

Thus far, the advice you've been given here is excellent advice.

The confusion you are experiencing is caused by the Bank - not by you.

Why, they even quoted the "6 years' cr*p" to me concerning my statements - and the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) requests *COMPLETE BANKING HISTORY*.

As for the 6 years' claim, have a look here, mate!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/80486-claiming-beyond-6-yrs.html?highlight=claiming+more+than+6+years

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/3598-do-you-have-charges.html?highlight=claiming+more+than+6+years

BTW: HBOS plc paid almost £7,500 into 2 of my accounts yesterday as a *GOODWILL GESTURE*. I'm going for it all!

I have a *GOODWILL GESTURE* for them! And it involves 1 finger!

mad0248.gif

Hey kennythecelt, Dusary, Moneyhelp,

Thank you for all your kind and very helpfull words, its all scary things I hate banks and Building societies they all think they are better than us ??

Any way The Halifax Plc, Have made us a "GESTURE of GOODWILL" of "FULL and FINAL SETTLEMENT" offer ??

These dates are as they received the complanits letter

Halifax States "that these dates are within the 6 year period !!"

"£ 2,652.00" Goodwill gesture.paid into your account??

As you all told me that we will wait until payment is in the bank and then we will hit them for 6 years back from 01 / 06 / 2001 01 / 06 /1995 is that right or do we ask for a full list of bank charges??

Thank you to all

I don`t feel like I / we have won Really ??

It feels like they have won yet again.

Andrew:sad:

Well congratulations on your win so far. Better in your hands than theirs.

Here is a bit of light reading for you if you are going back further.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31575-important-things-you-really.html?garpg=6

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-if-successes/44416-wilkins-halifax.html

F&Q's... Read here

Hi Everyone,

Well its all hit the Fan now, The Halifax states that the money will go into your old but its been closed ??

And now it looks like we owe more than they are giving in this goodwill gesture

An old credit card has came up and we owe then money which belongs to the Halifax and it seems now that we owe then £ 300.00 to clear the card ??

all a waste of time well I suppose that its money that we never had so in one hand out in the other,

Andrew:sad:

Hey sea-sidelady,

So is it right that we can try and claim back the charges from june 2001 back the way to say june 1995 or even go back longer ?? we were with the Halifax fo 24 years plus.

Oh by the way they have closed our accounts with the Halifax we can put money in as we owe then now ?? as I have already said ??

If there is any money there we can bring a passport etc to take the money out but under chances they will not give us any type of bank account ever ever :-o ??? how sad but never mind,

Its not the last they have heard from me >>

So whats the next stage do I wait until the money is in the account as I will never see any of it do I hit them with another letter asking for these statements of charges from June 2001 back the way ??

Or do I wait.

Kind regards,

Andrew :)