HSBC gathering a defence?!!!

cookie1001

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5607 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They need to acknowlege a claim within 14 days of service otherwise judgement can be entered by default. When they acknowlege it gives them a further 14 days (total of 28 days from date of service) to enter a defence or offer settlement.

When they acknowlege they have three options - to admit they owe the money (they're not going to do this), to admit they owe some of the money but dispute the rest (they're not going to do this either) or to state they intend to defend (this is the option they will always choose because it buys an additional 14 days).

Now this isn't to say they are actually going to defend. They've not filed a defence yet, they've just stated they intend to. They may very well settle "without admission of liability" rather than defend the case. However, it's still possible they could take it all they way - there's gotta be a first although when there is, I suspect it will be for a very high value claim rather than one of a grand or two.

OC

in the words of "Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

DONT PANIC

This is exactly the same letter I got last week, I have had an offer of half on the doormat today, I am in no doubt whatsoever I will get the whole lot.

You are nearly there, don't give up!!!

:-D

HSBC WON three times!!!!! Read about my continuing battle (claim FOUR!) Link HERE

Capital One WON Link

HERE

GE capital (5 accounts) WON link HERE

Lloyds bank account WON second claim starting! link HERE

Budget insurance cough up WON link HERE

Principles WON link HERE

A&L (Mrs Crusher's account) claim link HERE

Barclays claim link HERE

Any advice given is on an informal basis only and without prejudice or liability. In in any doubt, consult a qualified lawyer.

IF YOU HAVE GOT YOUR MONEY BACK, PUT SOME BACK INTO THE SITE TO HELP KEEP IT OPEN!

Hi

ive been sent a defence by "xxx" that the office of fair trading said will get struck off because there solicitor forgot to sign the defence on behalf of "xxx". so its worth checking that there legal department actually signs the defence.

however this works in 2 ways when this happens, 1. judge can find in your favour or 2. it buys them more time.

im not bothered either way, i WANT to goto court to wipe the smile off there solicitor because he thinks hes a smart-arse! however when he sees the actual evidence i have, he will be packing his brief case and departing out the court room!!!

(and someone in there i.t department is going to get the sack)

if you have any doubt about your rights in this case..they are very helpfull and explained to me how to fill in the allocation questionare and what to write down.

they know the law in regarding penalty clauses and unfair terms in contracts.

so dont be shy if you need free excellent advice from there team of solicitors.

Hi

no, its not a bank, its got something to do with citi-finance though because thats where i sent the court summons.

it is a secured loan by a firm called future mortgages, never ever use these people, they are hopeless!!! and there hopelessness is going to cost them big time!

i DONT like paying for other peoples errors because thats whats happened in my case. they have added, by error another £300 on the outstanding balance when the interest was increased, whereby the monthly installments are to high, and this technically shortens the agreed term by 6months.

this is then considered in my eyes, a serious breach of contract by

1. illegally and by stealth adding money and making me pay for it.

2. altering the terms and conditions of the loan without consent,because im now paying more than i should be, whereby the term is shortened.

be good to see there solicitor argue there way out of this....i think not

Hello Mr Thumb.

You should have your own thread really, you have hijacked mr cookies thread.

seems a interesting case...

Crusher :-D

HSBC WON three times!!!!! Read about my continuing battle (claim FOUR!) Link HERE

Capital One WON Link

HERE

GE capital (5 accounts) WON link HERE

Lloyds bank account WON second claim starting! link HERE

Budget insurance cough up WON link HERE

Principles WON link HERE

A&L (Mrs Crusher's account) claim link HERE

Barclays claim link HERE

Any advice given is on an informal basis only and without prejudice or liability. In in any doubt, consult a qualified lawyer.

IF YOU HAVE GOT YOUR MONEY BACK, PUT SOME BACK INTO THE SITE TO HELP KEEP IT OPEN!