HBOS Scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5188 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I have started several threads before and i'm not sure how to access the Scotland section to post a new thread. I haven't been able to stick to timescales and although i have had advice on how to proceed before i am looking now for the best way forward.

The last "i'm rejecting your complaint" letter was received on the 7th June signed by Steve Ward in Dunfermline. Part of the letter stated that the unfair charges ruling was only applied to credit cards, how is everyone responding to that????? What was the ruling from the OFT????

I have been on the siter for months now and have recommended it to everyone i know it's excellent.

For me i was considering sending another letter to remind them of my complaint before i go to court proceedings purely because of the length of time since my last letter. I was also considering asking them how they deem their charges to be fair and could they explain how they are applied for example £2 short for a direct debit then has £39 plus £28 at the end of the month.

I have also not received statements which were requested in February which i have recieved advise about contacting the information commissioner, they never actually acknowledged that request when i sent another letter.

Any advice would be welcome so i can get my finger out and finish what i have started.

:) :)

Hi Guys,

I have started several threads before and i'm not sure how to access the Scotland section to post a new thread. I haven't been able to stick to timescales and although i have had advice on how to proceed before i am looking now for the best way forward.

The last "i'm rejecting your complaint" letter was received on the 7th June signed by Steve Ward in Dunfermline. Part of the letter stated that the unfair charges ruling was only applied to credit cards, how is everyone responding to that????? What was the ruling from the OFT????

I have been on the siter for months now and have recommended it to everyone i know it's excellent.

I don't believe Mr Ward knows what he's talking about.

The Office of Fair Trading: OFT launches market study into personal current accounts

The Office of Fair Trading: Credit card interest calculation methods super-complaint

For me i was considering sending another letter to remind them of my complaint before i go to court proceedings purely because of the length of time since my last letter. I was also considering asking them how they deem their charges to be fair and could they explain how they are applied for example £2 short for a direct debit then has £39 plus £28 at the end of the month.

Stick to the template letters here. It saves you hassle!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

I have also not received statements which were requested in February which i have recieved advise about contacting the information commissioner, they never actually acknowledged that request when i sent another letter.

Surprise! Surprise!

Stick to your deadlines!

Any advice would be welcome so i can get my finger out and finish what i have started.

:) :)

That's what CAG is for!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Cheers Dursary,

So next step will be getting organised for the court stuff. Have downloaded all templates etc and will start putting stuff together now. Still have the template of a letter which you posted on another thread for me to the information commisioner. Do i send this off with the copies of the letters i have sent??? I ordered my statements at the branch and someone signed for them.

will keep you posted!!

Still have the template of a letter which you posted on another thread for me to the information commisioner.

Just bung it onto your thread here - so I can check!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Hi Dursary,

Here is the copy of the letter you posted on my other thread:

The Information Commissioner’s Office,

Casework and Advice Division,

Wycliffe House,

Water Lane,

Wilmslow,

Cheshire, SK9 5AF.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Dear Sir,

Further to the paper copy of the Complaints form recently submitted – along with supporting documents - to yourselves regarding two Bank of Scotland Accounts in my name:

Dusary

AAAA Acc number: XXXXXXXXX and AAAAA Acc number: YYYYYYY

I have further to report that today I received a letter dated 9th June – copy attached, along with a copy of my letter of June 5th to which their letter refers.

In addition, I wish the following information to be recorded along with my original complaint referred to you.

I wrote to HBoS on 9th June stating the following:

“I am disappointed that you did not address the issues I raised in my previous correspondence, but chose, instead to send me a standard template letter. These issues were:

· Failure to comply with my Subject Access Request – Information Commissioner’s Office informed

· Failure to supply me with a complete history of my banking with your organisation - Information Commissioner’s Office informed

· Failure to disclose history of other accounts being held or held with you by myself –

Information Commissioner’s Office informed (There were at least 3 other accounts referred to the partial statements sent: namely: 1) House Account; 2) Budgetplus Account and 3) Loan Account – there may be more.)

· Failure to send me a copy of the Terms and Conditions you referred to in your most recent letter - Information Commissioner’s Office informed

· Failure to disclose any manual intervention in my accounts undertaken by yourselves –

Information Commissioner’s Office informed”

I hope that you will append this information to my original complaint form.

Thanking you in anticipation,

Yours sincerely,

Dusary

Just reading up again on the summary cause route which i will have to do for one of the accounts, any advice on this before i go ahead????

cheers