• Tweets

• If you do get a letter of Claim and or Pre Action Protocol pack 15. Where there has been non-compliance with a pre-action protocol or this Practice Direction, the court may order that (a) the parties are relieved of the obligation to comply or further comply with the pre-action protocol or this Practice Direction; (b) the proceedings are stayed while particular steps are taken to comply with the pre-action protocol or this Practice Direction; (c) sanctions are to be applied. 16. The court will consider the effect of any non-compliance when deciding whether to impose any sanctions which may include— (a) an order that the party at fault pays the costs of the proceedings, or part of the costs of the other party or parties; (b) an order that the party at fault pay those costs on an indemnity basis; (c) if the party at fault is a claimant who has been awarded a sum of money, an order depriving that party of interest on that sum for a specified period, and/or awarding interest at a lower rate than would otherwise have been awarded; (d) if the party at fault is a defendant, and the claimant has been awarded a sum of money, an order awarding interest on that sum for a specified period at a higher rate, (not exceeding 10% above base rate), than the rate which would otherwise have been awarded. https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/pd_pre-action_conduct   .
    • Fraudsters copy the details of firms we authorise to try and convince people that their firm is genuine. Find out why you shouldn’t deal with this clone firm.View the full article
    • Thanks all! My wife was driving at the time (took our daughter to get new school uniform) and I wasn't there so I'm not sure what the signage was actually like, but yes, Parkopedia says 2:30, so it's barely over that. I will check it out with her when she gets home later, I haven't even told her about this yet as she'll probably be quite upset. So - likely my best response at this stage is to just wait it out until a Letter Before Claim arrives?
    • check mcol does it state DQ N180 sent to you? if it does then: https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/347310-legal-n180-directions-questionnaire-small-claims-track/#comment-5088148 3 copies yes to mediation (unless you filed our Statute Barred Defence OR this is a claim for a Private Parking Ticket) 1 wit you Suitability for determination without a hearing? no (that the issues are so complex they need to be argued orally') the rest is obv 1 to the court 1 to their sols (omit phone/sig/email) if no sols send to claimant 1 for your file   dx
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Cardiff hearings, 14th August

treetrunk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6093 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I've got a court hearing in Cardiff on 14th August. As yet, the letter advising me of the date is all that I have received. I therefore contacted the court to ask if I need to prepare the 'court bundle' and I was told that I don't need to supply any further imformation at this stage, as they will refer to what I wrote on the AQ, which was as per the template from here.

Has anyone else got a court hearing in Cardiff on 14th August? and if so, have you had to supply any further evidence? or are you in the same situation as me?

I'm thinking of forwarding photocopies of my statements to both ****/[problem] and the court anyway, just incase ****/[problem] try to delay things further by requesting on the day, more time to gather evidence.

I would really like to hear from any of the other 200+ who have the same hearing date and venue.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

hi treetrunk sorry ive been off line for several weeks and was just catching up on whats going on and saw your post. yes i have the hearing in cardiff on 14th august against lloyds aswell,ive sent the draft order for directions,schedule of charges etc back in early may,so im now waiting in anticipation for a settlement before the hearing hopefully.im just wondering if should prepare a court bundle just in case !!!!have you heard anything or contacted the court or scm?:)

im just wondering if should prepare a court bundle just in case !!!!

No need. Just follow the link Lively posted above.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Lively,

Hi. As I intend to be present in court should it come to it, I have not sent a letter of draft proceedings. I have sent copies of all bank statements though with all charges claimed for highlighted. As yet I have not heard a thing from the court nor ****. I'm lifted everytime I read of more Lloyds cases being settled, but then get slightly annoyed that mine hasn't been settled yet. No doubt, **** and Lloyds, in true form, will hang it out to the very last second. Good luck with your claim.

I have 14th August date in Cardiff with 2 claims of my own (barclays and tsb/lloyds) and one for a friend I am helping. I am going to phone them this week and say i've got a court date and see if they settle

Alliance prelim 7th Jan £3270

sod off letter 14th Jan

LBA 19/1/07

N1 taken to local court 6/2/07

Offer recived part amount but already in court

WON! WON!full amount !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Barclays prelim £1973 7th Jan

No can do letter 14/1/07

LBA 16/1/07'

part offer received and refused 1/2/07

N1 issued 15/2/07

letter received re defence - they have till 22/3/07

Defence received - 25/3/07

AQ received to be back by 11/4/07:-(

Lloyds TSB trustcard S.A.R - 12th Jan

claim for £126 prelim 12/2/07

sod off letter recd.

LBA 17/3/07

are there many people who have the court hearing in cardiff on 14th august received settlement before the court date? im just wondering if they have then why,is it dependent on the individual case or which bank?

Hi. Just to let you know we'll be there too! We're totally confused as we submitted all our paperwork with our origial claim at Haverfordwest CC in March. Don't know whether our letter means that we have to submit it all again before or on the day. Confusion reigns, but we'll all hang in there. PS A friend of ours in Crete is also rooting for us all. Best wishes

has anyone from the "august 14th cardiff hearings" won their case since the OFT decision on friday? im wondering what happens now,and will every case be put on hold,or does it depend on the judge. ive been on this case since last november from the date of my first letter to lloyds and now its seems to be a case of "so near yet so far". ive been sitting on the edge of my seat over the last few weeks waiting for a payout and now feel like im never going to get there :(

I expect now that the banks will turn up and apply for stays.

This changes things slightly! In your representations you need to oppose the stay and statwe upon which grounds you oppose it.

I'll come back to this tomorrow or Tuesday.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

no such luck,nothing in my acc as yet !!!! has anyone any news on the aug 14th cardiff hearings,like how we should oppose a stay if the banks apply for one,or has anyone received a settlement since the OFT announcement?

BAD NEWS, I'm afraid

I've just been told by Cardiff County Court that Judge Hickinbottom has decided to 'stay all bank charge cases' in the light of the OFT and banks test case. This decision was made today and you will informed by post in the next day or two.

How irritating is that? I've been at it since October and now with less than a fortnight to go, to be pipped at the post!

exactly the same emerald, i also have been on this since early november last year. how unlucky is this !!!!!!! i will certainly be opposing the stay as i just feel the banks are getting away with it yet again and i will do my utmost not to let that happen. what i want to know is :

will i get the cost of the opposition of stay repaid?

in reference to the stay is it better to apply for a hearing?

do i send a copy to [problem]?

what are my chances? :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Gary,Guido anyone please can you tell me what to do now..... i have been reading the posts on another thread "cardiff directions hearing " and there seems to be all sorts going on there as to what to do regaurding the stays. I havent received a letter saying my case has been stayed so my question is what should i do? If i wait for the letter will it be to late to oppose a stay? Am i able to oppose a stay even if i havent had the letter,as hearsay is that all cases have been stayed anyway? is there a slight chance that my case hasnt and wont be stayed and if so do i now need to turn up to court? As you can see im very confused and in need of some guidance :confused:

I got a notice of stay from Lloyds but thy sent me an offer about 3 weeks ago which I accepted and returned. Can they now stay this or can I oppose the stay because they have made me an offer which I accepted and they have had acceptance, although I haven't had any money yet.

Alliance prelim 7th Jan £3270

sod off letter 14th Jan

LBA 19/1/07

N1 taken to local court 6/2/07

Offer recived part amount but already in court

WON! WON!full amount !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Barclays prelim £1973 7th Jan

No can do letter 14/1/07

LBA 16/1/07'

part offer received and refused 1/2/07

N1 issued 15/2/07

letter received re defence - they have till 22/3/07

Defence received - 25/3/07

AQ received to be back by 11/4/07:-(

Lloyds TSB trustcard S.A.R - 12th Jan

claim for £126 prelim 12/2/07

sod off letter recd.

LBA 17/3/07

im sorry Ros i cant help you with this im still waiting for a response for my earlir post . im begining to think i'd just aswell give up on the whole thing myself as ive completely lost my way and unless i have some guidance soon then alls lost for me anyway as i only have 2 working days before the case to have been able to do anything positive anyway :confused:

im sorry Ros i cant help you with this im still waiting for a response for my earlir post . im begining to think i'd just aswell give up on the whole thing myself as ive completely lost my way and unless i have some guidance soon then alls lost for me anyway as i only have 2 working days before the case to have been able to do anything positive anyway :confused:

Hi

See if this link helps:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/108430-stays-info-guidance.html

Don't give up, post on here if you need help.

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

thanks barty , you seem to be the only one alive around here at the mo. i didnt receive my stay order until saturday morning and this has left me no time to respond to the cardiff court opposing the stay. i feel very very angry that i havent been given the chance to do this , can anyone tell me what i can do now?:mad: