Is it worth trying to claim this back?

Grrr
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6131 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was recently charged £38 for not being able to pay a direct debit for £2.

I'm not even earning £38 a week at the moment so that is quite a large amount of money for me. I was already overdrawn by £5 because of the Advantage Blue payments, but now I am overdrawn by £43 because of that charge. Now, just to bring my account back into the black I would have to put in two weeks wages. I can't afford to do that at the moment, which means that I am going to be getting the same charge each month along with one for the Advantage Blue payments until I get my student loan in Sept/Oct (which I cant really afford to lose any of because I dont get maternity pay because of having my hours cut and I'm not eligible for benefits because I am still classed as a student).

I do not agree with them charging that much and I'd like to claim it back to make a point, but is it worth it?

I do not agree with them charging that much and I'd like to claim it back to make a point, but is it worth it?

I think you just answered your own question earlier in the post

Now, just to bring my account back into the black I would have to put in two weeks wages. I can't afford to do that at the moment, which means that I am going to be getting the same charge each month

Yes it is definately worth claiming back.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.