Advantage Blue

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4900 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I applied online for my natwest step account and whilst applying I was asked if I wanted any information about Advantage Blue. I ticked "yes" for the info but never actually applied for it (I wouldn't have done even if I wanted to if I had known that there were monthly charges).

I have never signed anything agreeing to pay monthly for Advantage Blue and I'm pretty certain I didn't agree to join (I wouldn't have because I cant afford the monthly payments), but I have been getting charged each month and I've heard that I can't cancel it without paying for 6months first.

When I went in to Natwest to talk about it, I was told that the reason I am getting charged is because the information pack had cinema tickets in it (and?!), but I have not recieved any info pack.

So, is there any way I can cancel it? I've got no money in my account now and wont have until I get my next student loan (I only work a few hours and that is cash in hand) so my bank is going to charge me every time they try and take a payment out.

Write to your branch - explain that you didn't apply for Advantage Blue, you just asked for further information on it. Ask them to produce a written, signed agreement showing that you did apply for it. If they can't produce it - tell them to stop the AB and that you want all previous payments refunding as well. Cheeky beggars! ;)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.