• Tweets

• For a number of years a girl has been evading rail fares and giving my name and address also my daughter’s name and address and my husband’s name and address changing his name from Eric to Erica. We have contacted the police before who said there Was nothing they could do. This has happened about eight times with different rail companies each time it involves making a number of calls sometimes having to reason with debt collection agency.  When letters started arriving again with my surname wrongly spelt I returned them with not known at this address. However I then received a letter from the Bailiff with my correct spelling of the name and now also correct date of birth (previously they had the wrong date of birth) and i now know that this has gone to a court and I was found guilty even though it was not me who made the train journey. I have had to apply to the court for the case to be reopened, and I can prove that at the time I was at the opposite end of the country. The date of birth given by the offender was 25 years younger than mine so she’s obviously a younger girl. However I am worried that this will affect my DBS. I work as a carer on minimum wage and cannot afford to lose my job. Apart from which the stress and anxiety this causes every time is immense. I often have to make phone calls using higher than normal cost  0300 numbers to try to resolve this.  Surely the train company Arriva north should have some responsibility for confirming the identity of a person invading a rail fare. It seems that you can just give any name taken from the electoral roll without having to show ID. Would I have a case against arriva for putting me in this situation? It’s also confounds me that when the matter goes to court they then check on a database for the correct spelling of my name and the correct date of birth, and so the first thing that was sent to me with my correct details was the fine from the court. Previous to that there were letters in effect addressed to a different person with a wrong spelling of my surname.I know it is illegal to open letters belonging to another person. Although I suppose I could reasonably expect it might of been for me because the name was out by one letter. I certainly don’t want to pay the £250 fine. This is been going on for some five years.  My daughter has a whole file of letters.  Sometimes train companies have responded by adding a password so that when the person gets stopped they have to give a secret word. But the offender is doing this all around the country and there are many different rail companies involved. However this is the first time I believe it has gone to court
    • Hi Guys.    In 2016 I had a PDL with The Money Shop.   Due to financial difficulty I stopped paying it in January 2017.   Recently out of the blue I started receiving emails from CRS about the debt. They were duly ignored.   Within them was an email about sending me a Letter Before Claim (they didn't) as well as a couple of repeated emails about the implications of a CCJ. They have my address and I haven't moved since the debt was accrued.    A couple of days ago I received a letter from AJJB Law being very disappointed in me for not replying to CRS and telling me that their client is entitled to possibly pursue proceeding without further action.   Usually I would send an IRL claim to InstantCashLoans, but with them in the hands of Administrators that is no longer possible.   Also worth noting that on my credit file the debt is marked as owned by ICL - Trading as TheMoneyShop. This has been marked as 'Delinquent' every month since Jan 2017. There is no default registered.   So, whilst I am kind of sure that I'm still safely in the 'ignore these chancers' category, I was wondering if anyone had any advice on if I should perhaps tackle this in a different way?   Also, if the debt on my credit file is just marked as delinquent when will it fall off, if ever? 
    • These letters relate to very historic  collection/recovery "service failures" concerning current accounts, credit cards and loans   I have not had an account or debt with HSBC since 2008 My gut feeling is that it maybe connected to the use of their fake inhouse  collectors  Payment Sevices (PSB), Metropolitan and DG Solicitory but I will know more when they reply to my letter demanding details
    • Short update.Received an acknowledgement letter from PRA re SAR request. They say the will respond to my request by December 17th 2020.
    • I think I just have to clarify what my site team colleague said above. It's not only a question about being aware – you also must have asserted your rights within the first 30 days. Send them an email straightaway. Refer to your short-term right to reject the vehicle under the consumer rights act and that in view of the defects which have manifested themselves, and you are asserting your right to reject and you are rejecting the vehicle and that they should make arrangements to collect it or receive it from you and to refund your money. You must do this straightaway. Meaning tonight. Don't hang around Even if you feel that you might want to hang onto the car, you should assert the right to reject in order to reserve your position. Once you have done that and come back to this thread and tell us more about it. In particular, who is the dealer? Have you had on exchanges with them about this? What have they said? Where is the vehicle now and what is its condition?   In fact I see the you had the day wrong. You said it was yesterday – which was 1 December. Assert your right to reject now – by email. You don't want to get into some kind of argument about whether it was this day or that day. Put it beyond question and assert your right now. Then afterwards we can discuss your situation
  • Our picks

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4900 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Firstly, Hi everyone :)

Does anybody know if Aktiv Kapital (yeah, the idiots who can't spell) work with Legal and Trade (based in Preston)?

Recently I gave my account details to Aktiv Kapital and told them I could afford to pay them £2 per month for the moment (yes, I know it's not alot, but I earn very little and I am expecting a baby in 13 weeks). They refused but I noticed that they have tried to take £50 out of my bank account, resulting in a £38 charge for me because I didn't have the money. I did NOT agree to this so is there any way of making Aktiv Kapital pay my bank charge?

I noticed that they have tried to take £50 out of my bank account, resulting in a £38 charge for me because I didn't have the money.

How did they try to take £50 out of the bank account?

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Because I had agreed to set up a direct debit for the £2 (and I specifically stated, £2), but they obviously didn't believe that was all I could afford and tried to take £50 instead.

Ooops, just realised that the "50" must have been a code on my bank statement because when I checked it again, it turns out that AK only tried to take out the £2 (well, they're accepting my payments, thats got to be a good thing) but my bank charged me £38 because I didn't have the money in my account.

Stupid me! :oops:

I assume your going to claim the £38 back from the bank then.

Also I would change your DD to a standing order. This way only you can alter the amount.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Yep, I'm going to claim it back.

I'm happy with the DD because I have been offering them that amount for months now and they've just decided to accept it.

I'm glad I checked my statement again though, instead of ringing AK and railroading them! That could have been a tad embarassing....