Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4903 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Firstly, Hi everyone :)

Does anybody know if Aktiv Kapital (yeah, the idiots who can't spell) work with Legal and Trade (based in Preston)?

Recently I gave my account details to Aktiv Kapital and told them I could afford to pay them £2 per month for the moment (yes, I know it's not alot, but I earn very little and I am expecting a baby in 13 weeks). They refused but I noticed that they have tried to take £50 out of my bank account, resulting in a £38 charge for me because I didn't have the money. I did NOT agree to this so is there any way of making Aktiv Kapital pay my bank charge?

I noticed that they have tried to take £50 out of my bank account, resulting in a £38 charge for me because I didn't have the money.

How did they try to take £50 out of the bank account?

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Because I had agreed to set up a direct debit for the £2 (and I specifically stated, £2), but they obviously didn't believe that was all I could afford and tried to take £50 instead.

Ooops, just realised that the "50" must have been a code on my bank statement because when I checked it again, it turns out that AK only tried to take out the £2 (well, they're accepting my payments, thats got to be a good thing) but my bank charged me £38 because I didn't have the money in my account.

Stupid me! :oops:

I assume your going to claim the £38 back from the bank then.

Also I would change your DD to a standing order. This way only you can alter the amount.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Yep, I'm going to claim it back.

I'm happy with the DD because I have been offering them that amount for months now and they've just decided to accept it.

I'm glad I checked my statement again though, instead of ringing AK and railroading them! That could have been a tad embarassing....