Notification of Charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6141 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi!

Since I signed up for the Halifax on-line banking service round about 10/11th May this year, I am only receiving electronic notification of Unpaid Direct Debit Charges of £39.00 per item in as little as 6/7 days notice rather than the 30 days notice minimum I used to get when my account was paper-conducted.

Quite apart from the fact that I view these charges as excessive and punitive and intend to reclaim them using the procedures outlined, this very short notice has enraged me further!

Is such a short period of notice reasonable, bearing in mind I might get lambasted with such sums many days before I am in a position to meet them before next pay-day, making the situation worse still!

• Haha 1

Hi and welcome to the mad house- only kidding.

It is totally unreasonable. It is totally unlawful! It does not matter if they gave you a years notice, its the same as its your money.

Complete a SAR for you full banking history.

Read FAQ and guidelines on the stickies. Keep to this thread for your claim.

Read other threads to find out whats happening. Read especially, the won threads.

You can get every penny back!!! It works and its free.

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!