• Tweets

• receiving a default NOTICE (forget simple default cal markers) does not mean it will get sold on... OC's very very rarely do court themselves.  if it does you would receive a Notice of Assignment from the debt buyer/DCA.  as for reduced payment if it remains with the OC and they issue a DN, no harm in trying but lets get all your ducks inline first. dx  
    • okay thanks do you know how long it will take for it to get to the DCA or could the OC try and issue a CCJ? even though it's unlikely also for example would the OC agree to a reduction and a small payment over a super lengthy period of time if agreed? Rather than go through chasing apologies again for all the questions, just trying to understand all the possible scenarios.  
    • Currently - "the maximum daily price at 100p / kWh for electricity and 30p / kWh for gas – keep in mind that's a lot higher than the Ofgem Energy Price Cap, so if you can't afford prices to increase further, you're probably better off sticking with a protected tariff such as Flexible Octopus." Octopus Tracker is a product of our labs, available now to customers through our beta programme. Octopus Tracker is a beta product. Some things may not work the first time, and installations and processes may take longer than we'd like. Third party tech like In-home Displays won't always work, and on occasion data issues with smart meters can take significant time to fix or prevent things from working at all.   Copied straight from octopus   Feel free to shove it somewhere else    
    • depends what the fees are, typically nothing can be added once judgement is passed bar litigation costs. on document retention time limits etc at least 6yrs previous must be held though many hold complete info. as for acronyms and abbreviations ideally yes they should     
    • Still have to submit a statement either system....if they fail they can only give verbal because they failed to file and serve.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

claim against barclays***WON POST OFT***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6059 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi new member today have tried to post twice now and had replies telling me to read faqs which i have done!! hope im in right place now!! have had transfer to my local court this morn... sent my statements and summary of charges to their litigation department... not heard owt yet!!! waiting on court hearing date now... anyone at same point as me??

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi krysta is dealing with my claim and dino my husbands... asked krysta about settleing and she asked me to send statements via e mail which i did about week ago now (she also said she could forward my hubbys on to dino can she be trusted??) said that if i wanted it sorting quickly send said statements.. as back log regarding varifacation of charges!!! have phoned a couple of times and left messages not got back to me yet!!!

hi had court for both mine + hubbys claim for 21st august 2007... what now then?? have sent schedule of charges to be attached to particulars of claim as did mine on mcol!!! not heard from lit team (krysta or dino) should i be sending nudge letter or just best to ring up??

Hi syds mum

The advise seems to be to ring the Lit team and ask them if they want to discuss a settlement in view of the forthcoming court hearing - unless they ask, don't explain that it's only the Directions/Prelim.

Has the court Notice requested that you send anything by a certain date?

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

not got it thu yet rung the court to chase it up and been proccessed today so should get it tommoz!!! my claim agaist hsbc has directed bundle in 21 days from service of notice so expecting the same!!! will let you know!!!

hi there!!! just had court dates thu for me (21st sept) hubby (21st aug), but the exciting news is that the judge has not!!! i repeat HAS NOT!! DIRECTED FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAT SCHEDULE OF CHARGES!!! NO STATEMENT OF EVIDENCE, NO BUNDLE!! NOTHING!!!! how good is that? now my question is does this mean they are at last getting fed up of all the paperwork they are getting and know the banks are settling just before hearing date and its a total waste of trees??!!!:) :)

hi there!!! just had court dates thu for me (21st sept) hubby (21st aug), but the exciting news is that the judge has not!!! i repeat HAS NOT!! DIRECTED FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAT SCHEDULE OF CHARGES!!! NO STATEMENT OF EVIDENCE, NO BUNDLE!! NOTHING!!!! how good is that? now my question is does this mean they are at last getting fed up of all the paperwork they are getting and know the banks are settling just before hearing date and its a total waste of trees??!!!:) :)

any body there?????

Hi Syd Mum

That is great news. So you have received an Order from the local court judge only asking you the Claimant to submit your Schedule of Charges? Superb. Make sure you send in (registered) before the deadline and ring to make sure they've received it. Alternatively, take it down if it's easy enough to park.

You may wish to put in a covering letter that advises that the SOC contains an updated 8% which is why the claim total figure has increased since the original submission.

Does the Order require anything from the Defendants?

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

3 Wins :

hi welshcakes... yes its asking for copy of contracual document they rely on + is charge accepted as penalty if not why not + evidence relied upon!!

this is great no need for court bundle!!! but they still got to do one!! how good is this???

i have posted full directions on HSBC thread if you want a look under HSBC bank charges (its my thread...) and directions for both barclays and HSBC are the same for me and hubby!!!

Hi syds mum

No need for me to look at HSBC - from your post above regarding the requirements of court from Barclays, you've already won, it's just a formality now.

Time for you to ring Barclays Litigation department and suggest settlement! Whatever Lit department promises, do not stray from complying with your side of the Order to submit SOC on time unless of course you have the cleared funds in your account. If that happens, you simply fax court with a Notice of Discontinuance. I can link you to that letter but for now, just make the call and see if Barclays want to play ball...you may want to read out the Order to them if they aren't forthcoming ;)

3 Active Claims:

3 Wins :

just need to clarify.. sending in my SOC again as directed from judge but wondered if i need to update it as mine was done dated from march 2007... can go to speadsheet and change date to today and welshcakes advised a covering letter... no probs but unsure if i need a updated version or just send copy of one i have (done in march)

derby court love.... got 4 claims in total 2 hsbc + 2 barclays mine and hubby.. 3 of which have directions as mentioned... the other i have got full bundle to do about 200 pages + oh joy... but as least only got to do it once and not 4 times over like i thought... i have to say it took me by surprise!!! been in great mood all day!!! started mine in march so not to bad... last leg now... if you do need bundle dont worry does look daunting but once you get your head round it quite easy!!! :) where are you?

thanks saintly.. does it have to be updated version then?

debbie

thanks very much for your response! I am at Bedford County Court... Just hoping I odn't actually have to go! Hmm, well, I'll take your word that it is quite easy once you get your head arount it... then again, I said that about lots of other letter templates etc ~ and it's worked out ok in the end!!

bet you're in a great mood ~ hold that thought! x

• 2 weeks later...

hi there i have sent my SOC to barclays lit, by recorded delivery on 17th of july... been tracking online line and still not been delivered!! anyone else had probs??? thinking barclays have not accepted it to make sure i miss deadline any advice?? think i should send it all again but dont want it to give impression that i have sent it late!! the court have recieved theirs the next day(18th july) sent em both on 17th july... my deadline is today!!!

Hi syds mum

My advice is to send another copy and mark it UPDATED COPY so it just looks like you've sent a further complimentary copy for them to keep the file updated.

Presume the original to be delivered, just not updated correctly on royal mail website - they are notorious for being extremely lax in updating the details of received registered mail. One of mine had no details showing up for 2 months and then suddenly it showed a confirmation electronic proof though no signature.

Worst case scenario is you will be asked to send another one however this will not damage or delay your case or buy the bank anymore time. The important thing is that you submitted it to the court on time.

You have the regstered postal receipt and this confirms that you have complied with the deadlines.

3 Active Claims:

3 Wins :

hi deadline today for BARKS to comply to court directions.. have rung court and they have not received anything... i need to enter judgment but have not got slip to do so (court told me should have it attached to bottom of issue of notice but not there instead it is notes for guidance!!) can anyone help!!! court said draft a letter but want an idea how to compose...

i the claimant enters judgement as defendant have NOT COMPLIED!! words to that effect i think!!!

feeling quite positive regarding OFT test case as feel sure they cannot stay once judgemnet is entered... (if i were a judge i would feel quite peeved at them taking the proverbal!!!)

thanks debbie xx

Hi syds mum

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n227_0406.pdf and just amend the wording regarding the reason for default and put in the specific amounts of your claim.

Alternatively you can use it as a guide for composing your own letter...

"To the court

The defendant has not filed xxxxxxxxxxx as per the Court Order made by Judge dated xxxxxxxx, a copy of which is enclosed.

The time for doing so has expired.

I request judgment to be entered against the defendant for the amount of £xxxxxxxx as per my claim. An updated Schedule of Charges has been attached."

3 Active Claims:

3 Wins :