offer of settlement refused

dchambers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5193 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

I dont know if I am in the correct forum but need some help to solve this one.

I've applied for refund of charges on my MBNA credit card account which I had from the Alliance and Leicester.After loads of hassle they finally reduced mybaance firstly by £350 then by £632. They never refunded any interest etc in thee amounts.

I now owe them a total of £2785.57.Some of this is iterest which amounts to about £250.00.I am so sick and tired of the responses that I get from MBNA whether by phone or letter that I have managed to get together £2000 to actually pay the lot off.I have been paying them £32 per week but have now stopped the payments.

I phoned them to offer as a full and final payment the £2000 but was told that I MUST give them a full financial statement as to incomings and outgoings from ourwages.I said that they didnt need to know what my wages etc were as I was offering them payment but they got quite nasty and said that THEY were the ones to decide as to whether I could afford to pay more off the debt or not.

What do I do?Do I send the the statement [which I personally dont think that they need to know}or do I let them take me to court for the balance and then tell the court about my offer to pay?

Hello :)

Maybe can tell you what happened with me, cos legally i wouldnt know, but from expierence, may know something :)

Firstly why have you stopped paying them?

Did you do a proper sar?

What was or do you know the total charges plus interest?

Are you on a special payment arrangement?

I stopped paying them purely to get a response from them because after they gave me my first "refund" I asked for the full total to be refunded to me.After several letters with no replies I tried to carry on with the claim but had major problems with the computer and couldnt carry on with the Money claim for court.I continually tried to get a response from them but failed.I finally got another response after receiving someone elses statements through the post and wrote to them saying that it was a security breach and that I intended writing to the person whose statements I had received[which I did] They then offered another refund.I do have a full amount for my claim but am sick and tired of the treatment I'm getting and just wish to get the off my back once and for all

Have you tried sending them a CCA?

Have you been with them long?

Just about the special payment, i had to do a simialr thing, i got behind with most of my creditors, i had to do a financial breakdown. If it went to court from what i understand the court would want a monthly breakdown of your outgoings and incomings, i might be wrong, but i was under the impression when i sent offers of payments to them, if they rejected them, they could take me to court and court would agree with my offer cos of the breakdown and split. Did it all through Payplan tho