Dumb mistake Barclays

roncarr
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6139 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I started my complaint against Barclays with an initial letter on December 13th. Had all the usual letters and an offer of £1000 which I declined. I then started a claim via the moneyclaim online. My claim was for £4795.00 plus £120.00 court fee. The claim was moved to Gloucester County court and they requested various items all duly sent to the court AND Barclays head office.

The judge then ordered that the action be stayed until 2nd July so as to try to settle the matter without a court hearing. I objected to this on the grounds that barclays had been given plenty of time to settle this matter. The judge agreed and a preliminary hearing was set for 3rd July at 12noon.

I decided to give Barclays time to still settle the matter out of court and found out who was dealing with my case and sent him an email asking if he wanted to settle. I put on the email the account details, case number, court,etc. No reply so I sent another email saying I take it they did not want to settle before 3rd July. This time a reply saying they did want to settle and would be in contact in the next couple of days. That was 22nd June and I heard nothing.

So today 3rd July I am sat in front of the judge who informed me that Barclays had sent a fax on July 2nd saying they had only just found out about this case, had not received any documents and had not had time to prepare for the case.

That was the dumb mistake! I had printed off every email I had sent to and received from the bank regarding this case. On each email were all the details including the case number and date. So in one hand the judge has got a fax from the bank dated 2nd July saying they knew nothing about the case and in the other hand the judge now has emails from the bank to me on various dates up to the 22nd June.

Now I was led to believe that telling lies in court was in contempt of court and yet here is a banks legal employee telling lies to a judge!

I was awarded judgement for £5015.00 which included the local court fee. The judge has given the bank until 31st July to pay up. I hope the bank don't forget this date otherwise at 10am on a date not long after 31st July their local branch will have a visit from the bailiffs. Oh and I will make sure the TV and press are there as well.

So after all this my advice is to stick to your guns but if you want to try and settle before the court date make sure you do it my email and keep copies. If you do it by telephone you have no proof when the bank lie in court!

• Haha 1

Absolutely Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Conratulations to you- in more ways than one!!

I love your post so will everyone else on this site. First class and well done.

Quote from roncarr:

"So today 3rd July I am sat in front of the judge who informed me that Barclays had sent a fax on July 2nd saying they had only just found out about this case, had not received any documents and had not had time to prepare for the case.

That was the dumb mistake! I had printed off every email I had sent to and received from the bank regarding this case. On each email were all the details including the case number and date. So in one hand the judge has got a fax from the bank dated 2nd July saying they knew nothing about the case and in the other hand the judge now has emails from the bank to me on various dates up to the 22nd June.

Now I was led to believe that telling lies in court was in contempt of court and yet here is a banks legal employee telling lies to a judge!"

Your last line is something that I couldn't possibly comment on!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D

Lovely win Ron . . well done ..

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Well done Ron!! :D

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Congratulations...Well done.

:D

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Well done ...... enjoy :D

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

Ron - oh to have been a fly on the wall!

Thank you for putting a big stupid grin on my face.

I can't decide whether Barclay's should sit in the corner with a Dunce hat or go to the naughty step and have a good long think about why it's wrong to tell lies!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

That is fantastic news, well done. I have a claim going with Barclays for my dad, so I will certainly bare in mind your little nuggets of advice

HFC Bank - First letter claiming £196/LBA sent/£75 offered/rejected/Claim filed

HFC Bank Take 2 - Statements received

A & L - Prelim sent/LBA sent

Barclays (for my Dad) - Awaiting statements/LBA for S.A.R. sent/Statements received/Prelim sent/LBA sent

A & L (for my Son) - Awaiting statements/Statements arrived Prelim letter sent/£280 offered and rejected

Abbey (for my Sister) - ***Won***

Barclays PPI claim

Studio - ***Won***

HSBC - (for my brother-in-law) ***Won*** 8-)

How I loved that initial post of yours!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Delightful. What an encouraging story, you have truly nailed them. Thank you roncarr - that has really put fresh wind in my sails! :D

Mac

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

Gingerninja,

All I did was write to the judge and objected on the grounds that barclays had already had plenty of time to settle the matter.

If you want an exact copy of the letter I wrote then let me know.