Reclaiming interest charged on credit card

mikeymay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5190 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently been refunded the sum of all my charges back to my credit card.

I have only sent letters requesting a list of all charges applied to my account and no letter stating the amounts I wish to reclaim.

Is there a template letter that anyone knows of that will state my intention to reclaim the interest I have incurred (CI and not Stat) on these charges?

Thanks

After having another root around this website I have found a letter which I have amended to suit my purpose.

Not entirely sure if it will work, but any comments on the wording would be helpful.

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Dear Sir/Madam,

Card/Account Number: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX

I now understand that the regime of fees which you have been applying to my account in relation to late fees and over limit charges, are unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent Consumer regulations.

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

I calculate that you have taken £XXX.XX plus £XXX.XX which you have charged me in interest for the sums which you have taken. Total £XXX.XX.

You have already refunded £XXX.XX back to my credit card account (which I accept as partial settlement of my claim) but I still require repayment of the interest that I have incurred of £XXX.XX. If you do not comply fully within 14 days, I shall begin a claim against you for the interest, plus my costs, without further notice.

Hi Mickeymay,

I can not seem to find the first letter

you would send to you creditcard company,

can you help me find the template for all letters.

Regards, BodsReds

:-xBodsReds:-x