bodypopper v Barclays Help Needed!!

bodypopper

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5191 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have made a mistake in my claim and I am very worried about the effect this might have.

I requested my statements for the two accounts I hold with Barclays dating back 6 years. They sent me a big bundle of statements and I went through them highlighting all the relevant charges. What I failed to notice was that the statements they sent me went back further than 6 years. I am now in a situation where I am unintentionally attempting to claim back more than 6 years worth of charges.

I have now got to the stage in the process where I have received a letter from the court saying that "an allocation questionnaire be dispensed with in this case".

I have no idea what happens next and what effect my stupidity will have on my case and was desperately hoping someone would be able to offer some advice!!

Firstly - Relax!

Secondly search on here for "Charges beyond 6 Years" you will notice that many people have successfully reclaimed further back than 6 years under the argument that the limitations act does not apply, becuase the Bank deceived you into thinking the charges were lawful when in fact they are not.

If you look in the FAQ's in RED on the Forum homepage, you will see the arguments for going back further than 6 years, and you should get all these back!

Good luck!

Thanks for your reply and reassurance Boba Fett.

I have read that some people are successfully reclaiming more than six years of charges, but I have also read that doing so is a much more involved process and that it isn't a good idea for the faint hearted, and I am feeling decidedly faint hearted at the moment.

Having received my letter from the court stating that "an allocation questionnaire be dispensed with", what happens next? Is there something I should be doing or am I waiting for further contact from the court?

Wiat for further contact from the court. The AQ being dispensed with is to speed up the court process.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

I have read that some people are successfully reclaiming more than six years of charges, but I have also read that doing so is a much more involved process

It's not really any more involved, and at the end of the day, it's YOUR monry you're claiming back, isn't it.

Read a few more threads; you'll soon start feeling more confident.

;)

Barclays (2 accounts) WON

Lloyds TSB (Daughter's) WON

Cohen's: WON (discontinued)

DLC: Given up, gone away.

Eversheds: Trying!

Equidebt: In default

Intrum J: Return to OC

iQor: Stopped paying.

Link: In default.

ScotCall: Return to OC

Thames: Stopped paying.

I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and staff who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.