• Tweets

• I have had a secondary thought.  I borrowed £s from a completely separate entity 6y ago. It was personal and unsecured. I was going to repay upon sale of the property. But then repo and I couldn't.  Eventually they applied and got a charging order on the property.  Their lawyers wrote that if I didn't repay they may apply for an order for sale.  I'm not in control of the sale.  The lender won't agree to an order for sale.  The judge won't expedite it/ extract from trial.  Someone here on cag may or may not suggest I can apply for an order v the receiver?  But could I alternatively ask this separate entity with a c.o to carry out their threat and actually make an application to court for an order for sale v the receiver instead?
    • You left the PCN number showing, but no worries, I've redacted it. Euro Car parks are very well known to us.  I've just skimmed through the titles of the latest 100 cases we have with them (I gave up after 100) and, despite all their bluster and threats, in not one have they taken the Cagger to court. You stayed there for 2 hours &:45 minutes.  I'm guessing the limit is 2 hours and 30 minutes, right?  
    • If the claimant fails to draft directions the court can order a Case Management Hearing to set them but normally in Fast Track claims the claimant sets the directions...Unlike small claims track which are always set the court.
    • Not Evris offer, the court offers mediation service.   All claims proceed to hearing if mediation fails /not happen.   Why do you not wish to attend in person to stand your claim ?     Absolutely you must comply with the courts directions or your claim risks being struck out. Preparation for a hearing should happen irrespective of mediation.   https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/460613-suing-a-parcel-delivery-company-when-you-dont-have-a-direct-contract-with-them-–-third-party-rights-copy-of-judgment-available/#comment-5255007   Andy  
    • LPA.  (I'm fighting insolvency due to all the stuff that he and lender have done).  He appointed estate agents - (changed several times). Disclosure shows he was originally appointed for a specific reason (3m after repo) : using his powers as acting for leaseholder to serve notice on freeholders (to grab fh).  There was interest from 3 potential buyers. He chose one whose offer depended on a positive result of the notice.  Disc also shows he'd taken counsel advice - which was 'he'd fail'.  He'd simultaneously asked to resign as his job (of serving notice) was done and he'd found a buyer.  Lender asked him to stay on to assign notice to the buyer.  Notice failed, buyer didn't buy.  So receiver stayed.  There was 1 buyer who wanted to proceed w/o fh but receiver/ lender wasted 1y trying to get rid of them!  Disc shows why. But I didn't know why at the time. In later months Lender voiced getting rid of receiver. Various reasons - including cost.  But there's a contradiction/ irony: as I've seen an email (of 4y ago) which shows the receiver telling lender not to incur significant costs and to minimize receiver costs.    Yet lender then asked him to serve another notice - again counsel advice indicated 'he'd fail'.  And he did fail.  But wasted 3y trying and incurred huge legal costs - lender trying to pass on to me. Lender interfered - said wanted to do works.  Receiver should have said no.  But disc. shows he agreed to step aside to let them do the works - on proviso lender would discuss potential costs first (they didn't), works wouldn't take long (took 15m), and lender would hold interest (they didn't) (this last point is crucial for me now - as I need to know if I can argue that all interest beyond this point shouldnt be allowed?)   I need to check receiver witness statement in litigation with freeholders to see exactly what he said about 'his position'. But I remember it being along the lines of - 'if the works increased the value of the property he didn't have a problem'.  Lender/ receiver real problems started at this point. The cost of works and 4y passage of time has meant there is no real increase in value. Lender (or receiver) didn't get any permissions (statutory or fh) (and didn't tell me) and just bulldozed the property to an empty shell.  The freeholders served notice on me as leaseholder for breach of covenants (strict no alterations).  The Lender stepped in (acting for me) to issue notice for relief of forfeiture - not the receiver.  That wasted 2y of litigation (3y if inc the works) and incurred huge costs (both sides).  Lender's aim was to do the works that every potential buyer balked at due to the lease restrictions.  Lender and receiver knew couldn't do works w/o fh permission. Lender did them anyway; receiver allowed.  Receiver remained appointed.  I'm arguing lender interfered in receiver duties.  Receiver should have just sold property 4-5y ago w/o allowing any works.  Almost 3y since works finished the property remains unsold (>5y from repo). The property looks brand new - but it was great before.  The lender spent a ton of money - hoping that would facilitate a quick sale.  But the money they spent and the years they have wasted has meant they had to increase sale price.  It's now completely overpriced.  And - of course - the same issues that put buyers off (before works) still exist.   The receiver has tried for 2y to assert the works increased value. But he is relying on agents estimates - which have proved highly speculative. (Usual trick of an agent to give a high value to get the business - and then tell seller to reduce when no-one buys.). And of course lender continues to accrue interest (despite 4y ago receiver saying pause interest). Lender tried to persuade receiver to use specific agent. Disc shows this agent was best friends with the lender's main investor in the property.  Before works this agent had valued it low.  After works this agent suggested a value 70% higher!  The lender persuaded receiver to sack one agent and instead use this agent.  No offers. (Price way too high).   Research has uncovered that this main investor has since died.  I guess his investment is part of probate? And his family want it back?    Disc shows the sacked agent had actually received a high offer 1y ago.  Receiver rejected it.  (thus I don't know if the buyer would have ever proceeded). He was relying on the high speculative valuation the agents had given him to pitch for the business. The agents were in a catch-22.  The receiver sacked them. Disc shows there has been 0 interest ever since (inc via new agent requested by lender). I don't think lender or receiver want all this to come out in public domain via a trial.  It will ruin their reputations. If I can't get an order for sale with lender - can I apply separately against receiver?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Halifax reclaiming

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5524 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I just joined the forum. Most likely i'm here because my bank are giving me lots of trouble trying to get charges back.

I'm with the halifax and on may 8th this year requested a copy of all charges made on both my accounts for the past six years. I got a letter confirming my request on 23 may then nothing. On 21st june called to ask what was happening and was told the request had not even been actioned. I asked why, given that the 40 day period allowed for response had passed and i was told sorry but we'll get the information you want sent to you in the next ten days. And what do you know, today i got letter saying "thank you for your complaint we think your bank charged are fair no further action bla bla". Well i had not yet made a complaint had I? No I had just asked for a copy of the charges.

So i just got of the phone. I called the phone banking and requested to speak to some one from customer relations, who refused to take the call. So i insisted on being allowed to speak to some one and was put on hold.

After some time i spoke to some one from customer relations who didnt give there name and said they would pass my request for refund back to the bank for a second look. They had not listened to a single word i had said. I restated my request " could i get a copy of my bank charges for the past six years on both accounts", i'll pass your request on she said.

well finaly she said oh the have all been posted to you yesterday. I said thank you and hung up.

Then though " yesterday was sunday".

Well any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

John Phillips

Hiya jjphillips,

Welcome to CAG.

Did you pay the £10 SAR fee?

You should make a new thread in the Halifax forum.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/

There are plenty of people in the same position as you.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi,

I just joined the forum. Most likely i'm here because my bank are giving me lots of trouble trying to get charges back.

I'm with the halifax and on may 8th this year requested a copy of all charges made on both my accounts for the past six years. I got a letter confirming my request on 23 may then nothing. On 21st june called to ask what was happening and was told the request had not even been actioned. I asked why, given that the 40 day period allowed for response had passed and i was told sorry but we'll get the information you want sent to you in the next ten days. And what do you know, today i got letter saying "thank you for your complaint we think your bank charged are fair no further action bla bla". Well i had not yet made a complaint had I? No I had just asked for a copy of the charges.

So i just got of the phone. I called the phone banking and requested to speak to some one from customer relations, who refused to take the call. So i insisted on being allowed to speak to some one and was put on hold.

After some time i spoke to some one from customer relations who didnt give there name and said they would pass my request for refund back to the bank for a second look. They had not listened to a single word i had said. I restated my request " could i get a copy of my bank charges for the past six years on both accounts", i'll pass your request on she said.

well finaly she said oh the have all been posted to you yesterday. I said thank you and hung up.

Then though " yesterday was sunday".

Well any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

John Phillips

btw i did ask for this as my right under the data protections act but was not asked to pay the £10.00 S.A.R

Sounds like they are trying to fob you off. You can send them a non compliance letter if they don,t send them. You can find the templates in the documents library.

Can I suggest you start a thread in the halifax forum as you will get more specific help there. Justc click on this Halifax Bank and Bank of Scotland and start a new thread posting exactly what you have here.

Well,

I started on 9th may requested list of all charges on both my accounts.

Finaly yesterday (sunday) was promised they had been posted. Wont hold my breath.

Got email telling me two more charges to be added ha ha.

I thought the bank had 40days to get me the information i requested.

the 40 days was up on 18 June. But i called on 21st june to find out where the info was but it had not been proccesed, then got letter saying bank charges were ok and no refund.

Still no list of charges.

Well i'll see if they come this week, but what can i do if they continue to refuse to send them to me?

The financial regulator has sent a letter of complaint about this but no dice.

John

Hi there.

"then got letter saying bank charges were ok and no refund. " Its not OK and they will refund you, in full, if you stick to the guidance. Stick out for every last penny. No partial offers!!

Please have another look at the guidance and FAQ as this might help.

How did you calculate the charges without the statements?

Are you saying that you have complained to Financial Ombudsman Service?

What did you say the complaint was about? Charges or lack of statements?

What was the actual reply from them?

You can right a letter to the Information Commissioner. There is a template somewhere which one of us will find.

Please keep to this thread and check with us before any further action.

We are on your side which is our side!!

Hi,

I didnt actualy ask for any refund yet. This is a case of the bank not paying attention to what i have asked for.

Here is what has happened.

8th May 2007 requested a copy of all bank charges relating to my two bank accounts.

recived letter 23rd May 2007 confriming my request and stating that information requested would be with me in 40 days.

Statments due 18th June, waited till 21st June and called bank. Was told request had not progressed past the previous letter. Was then advised i would have the information i requested with in ten days.

21st June called Financial Ombudsman Service and complained that my request had not been dealt with with in the 40 day period. They then wrote a letter of complaint on my behalf on this matter. Not the bank charges but lack of responce.

Sat 30th June letter recived from bank stating they had looked at my complaint and decided that charges were legal and no refund. But I still had not requested any refund of charges as i still did not have a list of charges from the bank.

So called bank, explained the situation to the lady on the phone then asked for customer relations who refused to speak to me as they informed the lady i was speaking to that as i was not happy with the descision they would escalate the matter to a manager who would call me back a t some time. This seemed a bit confusing as i still had not asked for any refund because i still did not have a copy of the charges as requested.

So i asked the lady on the phone just to clarify to me what she had told the rep from cust services.

And behold she said " i told them you were not happy with the descision not to refund the charges.............."

TADA hay presto magico change oh. I discovered that i am from an other planet.

I calmly restated the facts to the lady in this manner, using a complicated sequence of longnitudinal waves eminating from my mouth.

She appoligised and passed me through to the cust service rep. Who was less than happy to speak to me. She told me that she would pass the matter on to the team who dealt with the refund of charges as i was not happy with the descision not to refund. ARRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHH.

And lo I did draw a long breath ....... and re explained my case.

Could some one please tell me why i still had not recived my list of charges....... no was the replay they are all at lunch and there are no supervisors or managers as they also are at lunch.

Then presto changeo " Mr Phillips your list of charges your requested for both accounts has been posted to day"

Over come with joy i thanked the lady and we ended the call on a happy note.

Just then i realised it was sunday.... and did they realy post the information to me on sunday?????? only time will tell.

Keep tuned in for more of johns whacky adventures in "the bank who charged me"

Sorry every one but its just a little frustrating, i dont know if that has come across.

John

PS if any of this is offencive in any way i am ( unlike my bank) truly sorry and appologise.

Hi,

Just then i realised it was sunday.... and did they realy post the information to me on sunday?????? only time will tell.

None of your saga was offensive!

We'll see if they DID post them on a Sunday - but you can bet one thing:

WITH ICO ON THEIR TAILS - THEY MAY HAVE DONE!

For a timescale on ICO actions see my thread.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/81108-dusary-bank-scotland.html?highlight=dusary+v+hbos

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Well the bank didnt post on sunday.

Called today just to check and was told they could not search the database so the lady would print off all the charges and post them tonight first class. She was very helpful and gave me the totals for the charges.

For both accounts it looks like £1080, £299 and £2196.

Why three figures for just two accounts I hear you ask.

Well even if you didnt ask i shall tell.

The first two figures relate to one account which has recently been switched to the new bank of scotland system.

So the information i requested at the begining of may has finaly been posted, no really it has honest gov i have posted it they said;-)

John

Well, we'll see if they have.

HAVE YOU contacted Information Commissioner's Office?

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

• 2 weeks later...
21st June called Financial Ombudsman Service and complained that my request had not been dealt with with in the 40 day period. They then wrote a letter of complaint on my behalf on this matter. Not the bank charges but lack of responce.

Yeah! They won't deal with charges - just non-compliance!

You maybe haven't realised that Information Commissioners Office send out bundles of complaints at the end of each month. The banks have 28 days in which to respond to initial complaint.

You may (or may not) have snuck into the June mailing from Information Commissioners Office.

If you have - then you should be hearing very soon!

I got a letter in from the bank this morning and i need some help. so if any of you feel up to it could you please advise.

most, if not all of my charges are for failed direct debits.

the letter from the bank says:

"You referred to the guidelines on credit card default charges issued by the Office of fair trade (OFT). As the guide lines do not apply to bank account charges, I cannot comment on it in connection with your concerns. The guidelines are about default charges which people must pay when they break the terms of a credit agreement with a lender. As previously explained, the charges that you are asking us to refund are our fees for the additional work that we carry out when a customer requests a payment with out sufficient funds in their account."

They go on to offer £691.00 for one account and £1098.00 for the other.and is signed by Rebecca Bowsher.

Is it right that i cannot us the guide lines issued by oft?

the letter i sent was a template from this sight.

John

Well - I, for one, have included failed D/Ds on my charges sheet!

• 5 months later...

I have not been on here for a while but i was waiting to see what was going to happen.

A few months ago i was refunfed half my charges I then sent a letter saying thank but where is the rest. I advised that if i did not recive the money i would proceed further.

The reply from hbos was that if i did not sign a bit of paper saying it was all over they would want all the money back. Just at that time the news reported that all bank charge cases were being frozen untill a proper descision was reached. I had already spent the money.

The letter gave me two months to make my mind up. It said that if they had not heard from my in the two months they would assume i still wanted to pursue for the full amount. I forgot about the letter untill it was too late.

Where do i stand now. And dose anyone know what has happend regarding cases against bank charges?

Please help. Ps i have been trying to change banks but now i cant even get a credit card never mind a new account with a diffrent bank.

Happy New Year

Hi,

Hi, John.

"Your signature on a piece of paper cannot take away your legal rights. Any penalty charges the bank makes are still unlawful."

I've lifted the above quote from a Mod on a thread similar to yours.

I take it you did sign the 'piece of paper'. I think you should carry on with your claim.

Have a look at this......

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/107550-oft-test-claim-what.html

Here's some info on getting another Bank Account....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/13832-do-you-need-parachute.html?highlight=do+you+need+a+parachute+account

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for taking so long to get back. But I have been in hospital for some time.

I didnt actualy sign any of the documents sent by the bank. I forgot all about them so my claim should still be ongoing, right?

The bank are still persistantly applying charges.

The latest was a good one. I wrote a cheuqe on the monday eveningit was put in the bank with the over night safe tuseday morning email arrives for failed item. I thought I would have at least 2 days to get the money in to cover the cheque.

Hope you all had a good new year.

John

• 1 year later...

Hi, John.

Good to see you back :)

Continue with your claim, take it all the way to court.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• dx100uk changed the title to Halifax reclaiming