NEED ADVICE ON COURT APPEARANCE!! urgently pls

sf20864
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6114 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I am a long way down the line with a claim I am doing on behalf of my mum. Basically we have gone through the whole process:

7 March sent initial letter to reclaim charges

15 March received letter back saying Abbey were looking into claim

5 April sent letter before action

11 April got another letter saying still looking into it.

20 April got a letter saying they had looked into it but deemed their charges fair

21 April stated an online claim which Abbey acknowledged

31 May received Abbey's defense

31 May received notice of Transfer of proceedings stating case had been transferred to Basildon Combined Court County Court stating no AQ was needed

13 June Notice of Transfer to Southend County Court

20 June received General Form of Judgement or Order ordering that the claim be stayed until 27 June 2007 to be referred to District Judge Dudley in paperwork on 27th June 2007.

Today received a General form of Judgement saying an allocation and case management conference will take place on 17th July at Southend County Court to be heard before Dudley and that the claimant and Defense should attend.

I have just spoken to the court to clarify and they have advised that we need to attend this management conference - does anyone know what a management conference consists of??? I have read loads of threads over the months and have never heard of anyone else attending a management conference - we haven't submitted any bundles nor do they state that we should bring any documents - I am very confused by this and don't know what to expect. Also and most importantly does anyone know whether I will be allowed to attend this conference as my mum is having extreme kittens about it all!! Sorry for the extremely long thread but wanted to put the whole details on - ANY ADVICE GREATLY APPRECIATED :?

Livelilad - thanks so much for answering !!! I have read the case management thread but I can't access the link that Rooster added as useful to read. I notice that there have been quite a few other people who have been transferred to Southend and that the Judge is asking for a case management hearing with all of them (some 400). Is there anywhere that I can read up about case management hearings???? Sorry to be a pain and don't worry if you havent' got anything, I'm trailing through other threads trying to find some info! Thanks again :oops: