Castlebest V MBNA

Castlebest

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5136 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello MBNA people, my first post about this claim.

Im not sure when I first had my MBNA credit card I would say at a guess about 15 years ago, I believe it was closed when I eventualy brought the balance to zero around May 2006 although I was never notified of this. I am going to send them a CCA request which should answer a lot of the above lack of knowledge if they reply.

I wrote my Subject Access Request to MBNA on 26th April 2007 and received a nice we are looking into this and will reply to you by 27th May. They wrote again on the 22nd May with all the normal "we are right and always have been" garbage and enclosed a cheque for £80 as a goodwill payment.

I replied on the 30th May confirming they had not fulfilled their statutory requirement under the data protection act and returned their cheque.

I have also sent an LBA on the 13th June and am now compiling my N1 for submission this week.

The details of what should be put into the N1 in the template library are a little sketchy can someone confirm the following is correct;

Brief details of claim - what I want i.e enforcement of my Subject Access Request (written in plain english not legalese).

Value - My costs compiling the N1 (anything else I should include?)

Particulars of Claim - CAG template edited with my details.

Any help would be much apreciated.

Sorry for the long post

pete

• 1 month later...

Update, the information MBNA sent me in response to my SAR and CCA s78 request was total Cr*p so I went searching through my spider shed and found most of my statements. I have a period in the middle of my claim where I have no statements, will be interesting if they comment on earlier charges to see why they have not sent me the information for the section I have missing :).

So I now have the information to start my claim dating back to May 1997 and including the return of my charges, return of PPI insurance premiums (I have been self employed since 1987) and contractural interest :)

onward and upward :D

pete

Isn't it a lark dealing with these people?:rolleyes:
It keeps us off the streets :)

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

• 4 weeks later...

Well the only response I had to my preliminary letter was a statement showing my CCA request pound being paid into my old, supposedly closed account and stating I now have £3,001 available to spend :o these people are idiots :rolleyes:

So I've now sent my LBA see if that has any better luck

pete

Subscribing - I'm claiming for OH. Will then be tackling PPI on basis of no agreement and him becoming self employed a few years ago.

Good luck ;)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.