Baviaanuk Vs Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6045 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

Have been lurking around these forums for a month or so now and finally decided to join the Halifax 'Madness' Merry go round.

I sent off my request for statements etc and recieved them after approx 4 weeks. I worked out they have charged me £1700 over the last 6 years. I used the CAG templates and have a request for repayment (along with spreadsheet) to post in the morning.

Wish me luck :razz:

• Haha 1

Hiya Baviaanuk,

Im glad to see you are well on your way. :D

If you come across any problems, just shout.

There are plenty of people here willing to help you.

• Haha 1

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Sent off my request for payment this morning, arrived home and noticed a letter from them on my doorstep, opened with curiosity to find a letter explaining that due to a back log of requests, my statements could take 40 days (I recieved them on Saturday, 4 weeks after I requested :?)

Looks like they are setting the trend here, just to show me how useless they will be through the entire process. :D

Hi guys

Have been lurking around these forums for a month or so now and finally decided to join the Halifax 'Madness' Merry go round.

I sent off my request for statements etc and recieved them after approx 4 weeks. I worked out they have charged me £1700 over the last 6 years. I used the CAG templates and have a request for repayment (along with spreadsheet) to post in the morning.

Wish me luck :razz:

Good, glad we didn't put you off. Welcome dear friend to the HBOS forum and good luck, but you are not going to need that. Are you?? Just follow the guidance and ask if you have any queries. We will all try our best to help.

There are a lot of good people here, all in the same boat. (Seems more like an Austin 1100 at times!)

Your money will arrive and don't be put off by delay tactics, our charges are fair or later on, partial % offers. You're here for every penny!

Good, glad we didn't put you off. Welcome dear friend to the HBOS forum and good luck, but you are not going to need that. Are you?? Just follow the guidance and ask if you have any queries. We will all try our best to help.

There are a lot of good people here, all in the same boat. (Seems more like an Austin 1100 at times!)

Your money will arrive and don't be put off by delay tactics, our charges are fair or later on, partial % offers. You're here for every penny!

Too right... Thinking about the absolute misery the Halifax have caused me and my family over the last 6 years, I am in it for every last penny. Thanks for the welcome

Too right... Thinking about the absolute misery the Halifax have caused me and my family over the last 6 years, I am in it for every last penny. Thanks for the welcome

Is it only the LAST 6 years?

We are ALL going for those last pennies!!!!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

I have been with the Halifax for this period, was previously with Barclays for approx 7 years (who also must of charged us a fortune in such charges)

I am not 100% how to go about this or for what kind of period to try and claim from them (I also no longer have an account with them, not sure if this makes any difference)

Would be interested to hear of any opinions.

Thanks

Of course you can go for Barclays as well!!

Who led you to believe that you couldn't ?

Not Customer Relations, Barclays, by any chance?

If you have your old Barclays account number - fire away at them with a SAR, as well!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Of course you can go for Barclays as well!!

Who led you to believe that you couldn't ?

Not Customer Relations, Barclays, by any chance?

If you have your old Barclays account number - fire away at them with a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), as well!

Thanks for the reply Dursary, I re-read my post and it was not clear. I was with Barclays for 7 years prior to joining the Halifax (all charges would be from 7 to 13 years old) This is why I am unsure if it would still be possible.

Just spoken to an oh so polite lady from Barclays (sarcasm ftw ^_^) She advised that I have no hope of using this method because A) The charges are over 6 years old and they do not pay over 6 years and B) They sold this debt to a debt collection agency 4 years ago.

Obviously, I dont expect them to tell me the truth, just wondered if anyone has tried from 7-13 years.

Thanks

Interesting, I will get those wheels in motion.

The other thing I was wondering is regarding Halifax mortgage.... I know in some examples, banks are shutting down current accounts out of spite, is it a similar story with mortgage accounts? Halifax have charged us plenty over the last 6 years but I would not be prepared to put our house at risk over such matters. Any info gladly recieved.

• Haha 1

Read the link from Dusary - go beyond the 6 years.

The banks have acted unlawfully in their charges- fact.

Read my opening post.

Look at a more recent one.

Has it made a difference?

It can for you and yours and I hope it will!

Those charges on the current account easily get doubled on the mortgage!!!!! Go for it now.

I know in some examples, banks are shutting down current accounts out of spite, is it a similar story with mortgage accounts? Halifax have charged us plenty over the last 6 years but I would not be prepared to put our house at risk over such matters. Any info gladly recieved.

They are not allowed to do that!

The OFT and FOS do not look favourably on them now if they even get a sniff of them trying out that route!

So, don't you worry!

Really hope someone can help urgent. I was just phoned by the Halifax and was asked if I can come into my local branch this afternoon in order to discuss my letter requesting refund. The guy told me that there is someone from legal services who would like to talk to me??

I have read through many a thread but have never ever seen this, can anyone give me some advise???

:eek::eek:

You dont have to talk to anyone!!

This is your claim, you call the shots.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Really hope someone can help urgent. I was just phoned by the Halifax and was asked if I can come into my local branch this afternoon in order to discuss my letter requesting refund. The guy told me that there is someone from legal services who would like to talk to me??

I have read through many a thread but have never ever seen this, can anyone give me some advise???

:eek::eek:

SSL is of course correct!

I read somewhere here (quite a while ago) about that sort of thing happening ..... and the advice that was clearly given was DON'T!!!!

I've tried searching for it (unsuccessfully) - but it is here somewhere!

I read on another case that the claimer also receieved a quick reply to the letter, they were told to still wait the 14 days before sending the LBA, can someone please tell me why this is necessary?

Thanks

Guess it's "best stick to the rules" bit of advice.

After all, if it ever DID come to Court (most unlikely) you can prove that you did everything by the book!

Yeah, I can see why this advise was given although I am thinking that I made that deadline of 14 days for a response to my original letter (which I have now recieved) The Halifax letter I got this morning makes it clear that they have passed the ball back to me now and are waiting for my response.

**edit **

Have been reading back over many threads, seems that people have been advised tp forget about the 14 day time limit after recieving a reply to the request for repayment. These people reached sucesfull conclusions with there claims. I just want this business sorted out now, I was charged yet again yesterday for an unpaid dd to the tune of 39 pounds which makes my life very difficult this month.

Now entering the final straight (hopefully)

Have sent my LBA by recorded, the royal mail site shows that it has been received.

Lets see what random settlement figure they can generate.

They now have until 1st August to make a full settlement....I wont hold my breath :p

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, what a dampner to the day :(

I have read all the related posts and faq's and notice that this case mentions overdraft charges. My charges are not overdraft related, I have never had an overdraft with the Halifax, they are all direct debit related.

Does this make a difference?

Was gonna file my N1 on Monday........ wondering if I should bother now :mad:

Hi, I went to court this morning to collect my N1 document. All seems pretty straightforward except

c) The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year, from

1st April 1066 to 1st August 2007 of £1 billion trillion and also interest at the

same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of [enter the daily rate of interest]

I have no clue what to enter as a daily rate of interest. Looking at the Excel formula it uses 0.00022, as a daily rate, am I right in thinking this is what I enter?