capitol1/lowell

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5198 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeek, ok now i have a problem. I wrote to cap1 asking for my charges back. That was in Feb. they wrote back saying blah blah blah. NO. But we will offer you 274.00. I was claiming 1300. I said no i will do thr MCOl. So not enough money at minute but asked them again. They say NO. And will not enter into any other communication on the matter. Final offer etc. Got a letter friday saying this is a letter of assignment and that lowells have bought the debt. So ok guys. i have it in writing from cap1 the offer of 274.00. This would have cleared the balance. I should have taken the offer. Muppet. So now i have lowells on my back. Please any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you x

Carry on against Capital One for the full amount of the charges back. If it was me i'ld be using the charges repayment to negotiate a F&FS with Lowell. Unless you were to be really naughty and get all the charges back, and don't go for this nonsense of refunding the difference to £12 either, and then go down the CCA route with Lowell Financial.

You should still carry on for the charges back, that isn't a set back in anyway...

Best wishes, Dave.

If my post was helpful don't forget to click the star!

Advice is offered freely, without liability and without prejudice.

If in any doubt professional legal advice should be sought.

I do not profess to be in any way legally trained, I am a big

oily truck driver and all I know has been learned within the

Consumer Action Group.

FAQ's

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Trying to stop smoking?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/give-up-smoking-here/

A dummies guide to the forums

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

--

KEEP WILDLIFE IN THE WILD

http://www.bornfree.org.uk

BORN FREE FOUNDATION

--

Where are you with regards to your claim? Have you filed it yet?

If you don't have enough spare cash to file the claim you could always file a complaint with the FOS.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeek, ok now i have a problem. I wrote to cap1 asking for my charges back. That was in Feb. they wrote back saying blah blah blah. NO. But we will offer you 274.00. I was claiming 1300. I said no i will do thr MCOl. So not enough money at minute but asked them again. They say NO. And will not enter into any other communication on the matter. Final offer etc. Got a letter friday saying this is a letter of assignment and that lowells have bought the debt. So ok guys. i have it in writing from cap1 the offer of 274.00. This would have cleared the balance. I should have taken the offer. Muppet. So now i have lowells on my back. Please any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you x

Hi,

SNAP!!

Don't feel bad for not taking the offer :) I will continue whether C1 or Lowells own it.

Lowells must have bought a load of C1's "bad" debts.

Off topic, grats on becoming a helper Rory.

Are you saying that Cap1 passed this debt to Lowell while you are in the process of reclaiming the charges.

Oh dear naughty Cap1.

I'd send Lowell a letter telling them that this account is in dispute and has been since BEFORE they bought it.

As Dave says you could always CCA them, they'll run a mile and ignore the request and probably pass it back to Cap1.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too