Hi everyone

jjphillips

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5521 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I just joined the forum. Most likely i'm here because my bank are giving me lots of trouble trying to get charges back.

I'm with the halifax and on may 8th this year requested a copy of all charges made on both my accounts for the past six years. I got a letter confirming my request on 23 may then nothing. On 21st june called to ask what was happening and was told the request had not even been actioned. I asked why, given that the 40 day period allowed for response had passed and i was told sorry but we'll get the information you want sent to you in the next ten days. And what do you know, today i got letter saying "thank you for your complaint we think your bank charged are fair no further action bla bla". Well i had not yet made a complaint had I? No I had just asked for a copy of the charges.

So i just got of the phone. I called the phone banking and requested to speak to some one from customer relations, who refused to take the call. So i insisted on being allowed to speak to some one and was put on hold.

After some time i spoke to some one from customer relations who didnt give there name and said they would pass my request for refund back to the bank for a second look. They had not listened to a single word i had said. I restated my request " could i get a copy of my bank charges for the past six years on both accounts", i'll pass your request on she said.

well finaly she said oh the have all been posted to you yesterday. I said thank you and hung up.

Then though " yesterday was sunday".

Well any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

John Phillips

btw i did ask for this as my right under the data protections act but was not asked to pay the £10.00 S.A.R

Sounds like they are trying to fob you off. You can send them a non compliance letter if they don,t send them. You can find the templates in the documents library.

Can I suggest you start a thread in the halifax forum as you will get more specific help there. Justc click on this Halifax Bank and Bank of Scotland and start a new thread posting exactly what you have here.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome to the Consumer Forums

Free advice and support to to solve your consumer problems.

You will soon discover what a friendly place this is and get lots of hints about standing up to consumer bullies or dealing with other consumer rights.

Which guide to the Sale Of Goods Act

New advice guide explains credit card rights

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

ARE YOU A VICTIM OF COWBOY BUILDERS?

Has your RBS account been transferred to Santander?

Forum rules. Please read these before posting

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE CAG LIBRARY!! IT HAS LOADS OF USEFUL STUFF IN THERE. CLICK HERE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome to the Consumer Forums

Free advice and support to to solve your consumer problems.

You will soon discover what a friendly place this is and get lots of hints about standing up to consumer bullies or dealing with other consumer rights.

Which guide to the Sale Of Goods Act

New advice guide explains credit card rights

Help the CAG!!

Make a donation

ARE YOU A VICTIM OF COWBOY BUILDERS?

Has your RBS account been transferred to Santander?

Forum rules. Please read these before posting

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE CAG LIBRARY!! IT HAS LOADS OF USEFUL STUFF IN THERE. CLICK HERE