• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

LLoyds not sent AQ in but are given more time!!! ** WON **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6124 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lloyds should have had there AQ in by 18th June I have phoned the court this morning and they said it will go before the judge today who will likely issue a letter giving them 7 days or it will be struck out. what is the point of having deadlines and then they keep extending them!? Do I just hang on in there for another week now, and does anyone know if they are likely to send it in now or not

Hi sitcom,

Yes it is extremely annoying when the deadlines are extended. The same thing happened to me but i was lucky in that lloyds still didn't file their AQ by the new deadline and their defence was struck out.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/83618-think-ive-messed-up.html

It seems to vary from case to case as to whether they go on to file it after given more time, though from what i've read on here lately it seems to be happening more frequently that they don't

As you suggest, just hang on in there and give the court a ring once this new deadline has passed. Hopefully they wont file it and then you can apply for judgment.

Good luck

Oh i hope that is the case, i will ring them next Monday and see what is going on, my wedding is in less than 3 weeks now and it would come in so handy :D

Will keep my fingers crossed for you. That would be a lovely wedding present, and i hope it comes all wrapped up in green paper with black horses on it:D

Just had a letter from the court this morning. They have given Lloyds till 4pm on the 16th July, if no AQ they will strike it out. Has anyone else had this? What are the chances of Lloyds sending in AQ.

It seems to vary from case to case as to whether they go on to file it after given more time, though from what i've read on here lately it seems to be happening more frequently that they don't

As you suggest, just hang on in there and give the court a ring once this new deadline has passed. Hopefully they wont file it and then you can apply for judgment.

It really is hard to second guess them on this one. It's not unusual for them to file it at the last minute, but don't be surprised if they don't :)

They missed the deadline on mine, so I asked for the defence to be struck out.

I received a letter a week later stating my request had been rejected, day after I received more documentation from the court.

I think everyone is saying, our fingers are crossed for you but don't hold your breath

same here they have still not returned aq on my claim, 6 days late.

judge has given them 7 day extention but it has not been ordered yet so by the time it goes out next week that could add 2 1/2 weeks before there aq is returned.

I agree what is the point in deadlines if they are allowed to flaunt them time after time, its so fustrating

i have phoned the court today and Lloyds have still not submitted their AQ I have just got to wait till 4pm on Monday to find out if I have won or not. Has anyone on here had Lloyds send the AQ in at the last minute??? I know I shouldnt get excited about it but i cant help it.

OH MY GOD I THINK I HAVE WON!!!!! Lloyds filed an AQ on Monday 16th right on the deadline i was totally gutted yesterday when i rang the court, she said i just had to wait now for a court date. In the post this morning was a letter from SC&M offering total amount of £2903 which includes court costs. I feel like shouting from the rooftops, I get married on Saturday and this is just what i needed.

Many thanks to everyone on here you have all been great esp Barty. As soon as money goes in my bank i will make a donation.