MUM vs SHABBEY ***OFFER FROM SHABBEY MADE***

Blitzspear

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, it's not an actual offer per se, but imo its as good as one.

I wrote to shabbey on 6th June (court proceedings commenced on 4th June) with an offer of acceptance for £8750.00, the offer was time sensitive, as I gave them seven days to reply.

Today, I recieve a letter from them basically saying that if I submitted the same offer, they would seriously consider it.

Stuff them, the total of the claim currently stands at £10,100.00, and the least mum has said she is willing to accept is £9500.00, which I think is fair enough.

Thing is, I sent them a request for information under part 18 of the Civil Proceedures Rules last week (27th June), so I'm fairly sure they will settle rather than have to answer my request.

Here's the letter I'm going to fire off to shabbey today...

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your letter dated 28/06/07.

With reference to my offer of acceptance (letter dated 06/06/07), as I stated in that letter, my offer of acceptance was time sensitive, and expired on 13/06/07, and at this stage of proceedings I would not be willing to make the same such offer.

Nevertheless, in my efforts to bring a swift and final end to this matter, I am prepared to make a new offer of acceptance for the sum of £9,500.00 (nine thousand five hundred pounds), and as my claim with the Northampton County Court currently stands at £10,100.00, (ten thousand one hundred pounds), I believe that at this stage of the proceedings, it is a fair and reasonable offer of acceptance.

Please note that my offer of acceptance, if accepted by Abbey Plc, will be a full and final payment in this case and this case only.

If this offer of acceptance is unacceptable by Abbey Plc, then please refer to my request for information under part 18 of the Civil Proceedure Rules (letter dated 27/06/07), which you have until 11/07/07 to reply to with all the information requested therein.

Yours Sincerely

Your thoughts as ever would be greatly appreciated.