BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4712 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Guest Mumofthreeboys

Well, if you don't want it, I'll have it!

Guest Mumofthreeboys

I'll share it with you!

I think you'll find I was here first. On yer bike!!!

Guest Mumofthreeboys

Such a gentleman!

hi lori hun,

you have asked for my help and ill give it willingly but i need to know what help you need? please dont give up we are all here to help you. if its just a problem with getting the statements then go ahead and send that letter it will make sure they know you are serious and that you know how to proceed legally. if there is another issue you wish me to look at then feel free to pm me and ill do my best to help you. if you have a thread dont forget to give me a link so i can get the whole picture.

bos~ Data Protection Act sent

~ statements received

~ owed £1766.82

~ prelim letter sent 30/08/2006:D

~lba handed in 14/09/2006

bos Data Protection Act sent

~ statements received

~ owed £1217.86

~ prelim letter sent 30/08/2006:D

~lba handed in 14/09/2006

court date issued of the 17th november

27th oct full offer totalling everything including 8% interest court costs and £10 dpa sar..... one down next to go.

rbs~ Data Protection Act sent off 21/09/2006:mad:

I must be very dim but I cannot see where to make new posts so Im just writing here in the hope someone will tell me. My statements fromA&L should arrive this week so fingers crossed.Is there a basic book on making small claims under Scottish law? Poppycock.

Hi all,

I have sent the second letter to the Halifax, basically saying that I have calculated that you have unfairly charged by x amount of pounds and I am claiming it back (using the CAG template of course).

Last week I received a letter that basically says that the charges are correct (I can scan the two pages in if it helps).

Not only does it say that they think the charges are warranted, it says that it will continue to charge me this way.

Arrrghh, help.

Thanks

Hi all,

I have sent the second letter to the Halifax, basically saying that I have calculated that you have unfairly charged by x amount of pounds and I am claiming it back (using the CAG template of course).

Last week I received a letter that basically says that the charges are correct (I can scan the two pages in if it helps).

Not only does it say that they think the charges are warranted, it says that it will continue to charge me this way.

Arrrghh, help.

Thanks

This is a standard reply, just follow the set prodedure laid down in the step by step instructions.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

Thanks for the reply. I have taken a look at the next document in the template library (http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/) and the next letter I should send doesn't really fit in with how my claim has gone, at this stage, they have not ignored my request, they have simply stated that they will not pay.

Which document should I send as a follow up to this?

Thanks for your kind help.

Then slightly ammend the template to say something like... 'I am dissapointed with your response to my letter dated...'

Does that help at all?

:DABBEY-WON! £1,359.34

:confused:CAPITAL ONE WON £1,523.27+£39court fees.

Thanks, was just wondering if there was a template specifically for this occasion, I will amend the text.. thanks.

I have had the same response today, glad I'm not the only one.

Call them on 01977 627385 and say you're not happy and will take it further.

More than likely they'll ask you what you want and agree to pay all the charges back, without interest.

They did this to me and said they have a policy of not going to court as it wastes time and money for both.

Hi all,

I am again close to giving up on this, I received a letter from the halifax that states the following:

Your Bank Charge:

Thank you for your recent complaint about the charges which have been applied to your account. I am sorry you are unhappy.

Our investigation:

I have carried out a full investigation of your complaint and I am satisfied that the charges have been correctly applied to your account. This letter explains the reason behind my decision.

Why you have been charged:

When you opened your account, you agreed to our terms and conditions which explained that charges would be applied if you did not keep to the terms of the account. From time to time, we have also sent you information about the current level of charges. This information formed part of your agreement with us and we have applied them strictly according to the terms of the agreed.

We apply these charges because when customers have insufficient funds in their account to cover a payment they have asked us to make, this means additional work for us. As a result, we feel it reasonable to charge for this service.

You referred to the guidelines on credit default charges issues by office of fair trading (OFT). As the guidelines do not apply to bank account charges, I cannot comment on it in connection with your concerns. The guidelines are about default charges which people must pay they break the terms of a credit agreement with a lender. As previously explained, the charges that you are asking us to refund are our fees for the additional work that we carry out when a customer requests a payment without sufficient funds in the their account.

The letter goes on to page two which basically gives a rundown of their charges.

I realise now that I have incorrectly quoted OFT, which is in relation to credit cards. As a regular bank account holder, do I have a right to claim the charges they have issued?

Thanks

Hiya lw-d, It seems the banks are very good at making people feel stupid. Dont worry and dont give up.

I had a very similiar if not the same letter from them.

What stage are you at now? Is this a reply from your first letter or second letter?

After sending the first letter and the letter before action i phoned them and got awarded the full amount of my claim £4431.00. So dont give up now.

Theres loads of people that will help you on here if you get stuck.

thanks

karen

This is a standard letter which most of us have received which is designed to make you give up and walk away.

Please don't - you will get your money back. Carry on with the process!

Good Luck!

12-03-07 Halifax Received £1800

05-06-07 Halifax II Small Claim Served for £2503

Capital One - Won £768

Halifax Credit Card - Won £756

This is a standard letter which most of us have received which is designed to make you give up and walk away.

Please don't - you will get your money back. Carry on with the process!

Good Luck!

Totally agree with noodledoodle I got same letter as this, Just kept going, followed simple steps advised on forum and I won back £2295

Just keep going and keep it simple and you will get paid

all the best dpick:p

cannot find it A to Z

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Halifax :D

Paid in full £2295

MBNA:mad: 20/03/2008 settled in full out of court

Capital One:D

07/07/2007 Capital one charges paid in full £1666

19/01/2008 recovered PPI £2216 + costs

Littlewoods :-D

12/08/2007 write off £1176.10 debt.

JD Williams charges refunded in full £640

This was their response to the breakdown of charges that I posted to them, here is the initial letter I sent, sorry for posting in full, I'm just not sure what to do next:

My request

[template deleted, please don't post templates on open forum]

I calculate that you have taken £1839.50 plus £317.25 which you have charged us in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £2156.75.

I am worried that if I sent one of the templates again I will include information not relevant, then they will not take me seriously. Is the procedure different for bank accounts, do you guys have claims for bank account charges?

Thanks for all your help.

Oh dear...

Ok, first things first, I have just merged 6 different threads from 3 different forums. You really need to keep all your questions and queries relating to the one claim on one thread only, it will help you and us keep track of your progress. If you're not sure what happened to your thread when you next log on, click on your own username, and then click on "find all threads by...." and you'll find it that way, ok? Think of this thread as your personal diary, you wouldn't write it on bits of paper here and there, would you now? ;-)

Secondly, have you read the FAQS and the step-by-step? Have you read a few of the success stories in the Halifax forum? You see, it seems to me that if you are close to giving up when the bank is sending you what is their standard "sod-off" reply, maybe you need to do a bit more reading around.

The reasons are these: 1 - You will see for yourself that this is the templated response, 2 - You will see that thousands who got the same one went on to get their money back, 3 - You can then prepare for the next step, knowing what to expect.

Would you go for an exam with no preparation? Would you go to a foreign country without learning about it first? For that matter, would you go shopping for a 5 course-menu without a shopping list?

If you know what to expect, half the work is done, as they can not then scare you so easily with the unknown.

So read, read and read some more. Halifax are one of the easiest banks to deal with, or have been so far, so take heart and carry on. ;-)

hi there please dont give up we have all felt that way at some stage while going through the process of claiming if you have sent your prelim you now need to send your lba if you have any questions big or small just shout there is always someone around to come and help you and plenty of good advise have a look at this link below

Letter before action - Consumer version - asking for it

A-Z Index

HOW NOT TO CLAIM...Click here!

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

.please remember that any advice i give is purely my own experience or opinion thankyou

Thats me told. Thanks for the advice, I guess I should invest more time in this.

Thanks

also its a good idea to have a read in this one

Example Step-By-Step Instructions

A-Z Index

HOW NOT TO CLAIM...Click here!

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

.please remember that any advice i give is purely my own experience or opinion thankyou

Thats me told. Thanks for the advice, I guess I should invest more time in this.

Thanks

For over 2 grand in charges, I would. :-D

In all seriousness, the day you get the letter telling you they're caving in, never mind the money, you will be grinning from ear to ear all day, telling everyone you can, and wondering why you ever thought of giving up. :-D

(and the money comes in really handy too! :-D)

Cheers, I certainly will carry on with this. Apologies for several posts, I had my old email registered for forum notifications, I have updated this now, so I can keep on top of it.

Thanks for everyones help, I'm just preparing the follow up letter now.