lw-d v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6114 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have just registered with the site and I am now encouraged to proceed with my claim. One initial question I have is relating to the Subject Access Request, if I enter the details of two bank accounts in this initial letter, do I need to send a £20 cheque instead of £10?

Thanks

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

I know its what the bank wants me to do but I am close to giving up. I sent this letter on the 7th August 2006:

Halifax plc

Trinity Road

HX1 2RG

7th August 2006

Data Protection Act 1998 - Subject Access Request

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx and also xxxxxxxx

Please supply me with a complete list of transactions and charges relating to my banking history with your organisation. Alternatively, a complete set of statements for that period will be acceptable.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of your staff, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my banking business with you.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply. Furthermore, if I discover that you have levied disproportionate penalties against me, then I shall be reclaiming them, and also reclaiming the enclosed £10 DPA subject access request fee.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable. I would be happy to collect the Data from my local branch.

Yours faithfully,

================================================

I then received this letter on the 29th August 2006:

Dear Sir / Madam,

Completion of request for a list of transcations and charges - xxxxxxxxx & xxxxxxxx

Thank you for you letter requesting specific information on your accounts with us. I can that copies of duplicate statements have been ordered and will be sent under seperate covers.

With regards to your request for information relating to manual intervention of your account, HBSOS plc is under no statutory obligation to record this information and therefore, I am unable to assist further with your request.

Should you have any general account queries, please contact 24 hour banking on 08457 20 30 40.

Yours faithfully,

N.J Inett

Data Protection Consultant

Business Risk - Retail

================================================

I have not received any details of my statements, not heard from them at all. Can anyone advice?

Thanks

I have just typed up a letter to send to them:

Dear Sir / Madam,

In your letter dated the 29th August 2006, you stated that you would be sending out duplicates of my account statements (See the letter you sent me attached).

It is now over two months on and you have not sent me these. Is there a reason for ignoring me?

Please dont give up that is exactly what they are hoping you will do..Know it is annoying frustrating etc etc but it will be worth it if you have money to be repaid. I am fighting MFI at mo and feel so close to giving up but that little voice inside my head says 'dont let the buggers get away with it!' See post if you are interested!

Bargaingirl

Hi bargaingirl

Read this it may encourage you!

Their was a Pike in a fish tank which was fed six little minow fish everyday

One day they then put a glass frame down the centre of the tank, the Pike was at one end and they put six minows at the other end.

Now the Pike could see the minows, but everytime he tried to get to them, he would hit his head against the glass frame, he kept trying for about two hours, but eventually give up and just swam around.

They removed the glass frame from the centre of the tank, but the Pike still did'nt come across to the minows, because he thought the barrier was still there, in time he died of starvation.

This was of course due to the Pike's own attitude of mind, the barrier was not even there, he just thought it was.

Don't give up

Keep moving forward you will win in the end.

• Haha 2

Hello everyone I'm a newbie to this forum, or any forum come to that, so be patient with me as I have alot of unanswered questions that I wish to find the truth about.

These include bank charges, what my rights are and how I can go about my business without getting ripped of by the banking system and others.:confused:

I think we all have days when we feel like giving up the fight.. Ive had a week or so recently like that myself..But with the encouragement of others on here Im glad to say I found my fighting spirit again and Now Im gunning for certain companies..lol Sent the a Final Letter Before Action today and If I dont say so myself it was a belter..should shake them up a good bit..lol

Never Give Up..maybe have a wee break to recharge batterries though ..lol

Keep up the fight, You have all of the CAG Gang behind you ..

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Hi, today I got exact same letter (word for word) that you got. Are you gonna send below letter now or have you sent it. I seriously feel like giving up too.

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Section 7 – Data Protection Act 1998

Dear Sir/Madam

Account: xxxxxxxx

You have failed to comply with my Data Protection Act Subject Access Request dated (Insert Date).

If you do not comply within the next 7 days I shall seek a Court order obliging you to do so together with damages at the discretion of the Court and without any further notice.

Yours faithfully

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, in the Preliminary Approach for repayment letter it says that I will enclose a schedule of the charges which I will be claiming. What do I include in this schedule and is there a template to use?

Thanks

Use the Simple S/S here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

Overwrite the existing examples type of charge, amount and date.

The days since and 8% will be calculated automatically

Save it (for use later at court), then delete/hide the last 2 columns (8% bits) and print out as your schedule of charges.