• Tweets

• Back in 2006 I came face to face with a debt problem which was that I could clear my debts or help a family member and I of course chose the latter.   The resultant onslaught of phone calls and letters was at first unsettling but I realised, particularly with the help afforded by this site that in reality there was nothing they could do.  If your friend has no assets then they can't take them,  If he challenges their assertions to the debts then in the main they can't prove them, if he has nothing then they will not make him bankrupt and even if he has something they will not make him bankrupt because they have to pay the fees and then anything your friend has is split up between all the people he owes so no business will go that route.   In short, although they will huff and puff they are pretty much not able to blow his house down even if it is made of straw like mine!   He should adapt to the situation and turn it into a hobby like I did/do.   I actually collect debt collection letters and other things they send out.   When something arrives in the post I am likely to say "Oh I have got one of those" or "Ah something new for my collection".   Thinking like this causes the intimidation to drop away and become ineffective.   Tell him to can his worries and start enjoying life, because I guarantee that the Creditors are not staying awake worrying about him!  He is just a few magnetic dots on their hard drive and is in their threatomatic machine.  Depending upon his reaction he will be moved around the machine and there are parts of the machine which are programmed to deal with debtors who don't respond and that is to park them out of the way and work on other ones.
    • It's up to you. You could spend the weekend reading up and then send the letter of claim on Monday – and then issue the claim shortly before you go. It depends whether you have access to your email et cetera while you are away. I would be amazed if they failed to respond – but if they did, then you would put in for a default judgement immediately and then enforcement. However I would imagine that they would respond with an acknowledgement of service giving them a full 28 days to file a defence. This means that you would receive the defence roughly when you returned. However you would have to be able to keep in contact with the court system by means of email and also with us. Of course if you wanted then you could leave it for the full six weeks and we can start then. You decide
    • Have you contacted Courts to find out if a set aside application has been made ?   Have you checked to see whether the Builder has any other CCJ's ?   Home WWW.TRUSTONLINE.ORG.UK   Perhaps the legal advice relates to the Builder being able to pay ?  i.e. get in quick to enforce the judgement.    Enforcing a CCJ does not cost £4k.  Sounds like your Lawyer is including their own hefty fees in arranging this.   Make a court claim for money: Enforce a judgment - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK How to take legal action if someone owes you money (small claims court), how much it costs, what happens next. Includes information from...  
    • @BankFodderI'm.due to fly in 3wks for 3wks would it be worth waiting till I get back or to press on? As whilst the police have been investigating I've not received any further letters from aviva 
    • Please will you start off by reading up the steps involved in taking a small claim. It's pretty straightforward but you need to know the steps in order to be confident about what you do. Secondly start reading up about data protection. Don't worry about the Act for the moment. Start reading up on the information Commissioner's site and you are looking particularly for references to the necessity for authority to store and process data. Start understanding the differences between a data holder and a data processor – and what they are allowed to do and what they aren't allowed to do. I think you need to be fairly comfortable with the vocabulary in order to move forward confidently
  • Our picks

WON Lloyds TSB!!!

tinkerbell3

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5197 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have only just joined this site. I was looking around yesterday to try and find some info on putting a court bundle together as Lloyds TSB had just put a defence (on the last possible today!) on the MCOL. I have to admit I was petrified of going to court but I was not going to let them beat me. I got home last night to find a letter from their solicitors enclosing a cheque for the full ammount claimed - so much for their defence then!. Anyway I am over the moon and just want to say don't give up it may be scary but you will get there and you will get your money back.

:rolleyes:

Well thats fantastic.

We at CAG are very pleased.

CONGRATULATIONS

How much was the claim for and against which bank?

Any advice given by me is based solely on my experience in claiming, my experience in CAG or my opinion. I have no legal background. I want to encourage others to reclaim what is theirs.

Got a DCA breaking OFT guidance. Complain to the OFT about the DCA. Help put an end to these practices-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/letter-templates/155095-complain-oft-about-unfair.html#post1652270

Register with CAG today, its free, its a great community:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/register.php

[email protected].

Thankyou Kennythecelt:)

It was Lloyds TSB and I received the full ammount claimed £740.81. Not a lot I know when you look at other peoples claims but it was my money not theirs and it is a small victory for one of a growing army of disgruntled customers.

Only joined this site a few days ago as Lloyds TSB had put in a defence on MCOL and I was looking for help with court bundle as I was expecting a court date but having spent a day getting steadily more scared at the prospect of going to court I got home to find a cheque for £740.81 from their solicitors in full and final payment. I am ecstatic - little people with no experience can take on the large institutions and win!!!

Excellent news!

Can I please ask you to complete the survey here:

to encourage others?

Secondly, do we have your litigation details? (MCOL case number, amount claimed, date filed is what we need for the database of settled cases). Just write them here, and we'll add them to the database.

And thirdly, if we have helped, and since we'd like to keep on helping others, if you can spare a few quid ( we suggest 5%, but as Tesco's would say.... :-D) to help us carrying on:

DONATIONS

congratulation_graphics_2.gif